General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The nicest people are on here

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 02:23 PM

I was in Pep Boys in Richmond this morning looking for blue 1157 bulbs and there was another guy in that section. We started talking about lighting and I got this feeling from how he was talking about corners and side markers, so I asked what he drove and he said "Maxima." At that point we headed for the lot to check out cars, and I asked if he knew of Maxima.org. Well, he does! Hi Jesse! He has a nice black '99 with 18" rims. Anyway, he told me of a shop in Oakland Chinatown that carries Polarg, which is what I had been looking to find, so I went down there (I really wanted dim sum anyway). I found the shop, and they said "Polarg? No, we don't carry that" so I found some 21/5w 1157's, all packaged in Japanese, and some Raybrig 168's for my taillight. When I got home, I found the single word "Polarg" on the 1157's I wanted the lower wattage bulbs so I could reverse them and get a better match with my clear corners. Nail clippers definitely take off the side tab the best. Snip. Done.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:14 AM
SLOW

Glad you found someone nice... I found someone in the For Sale forum who screwed me out of $47 for some corner lights. Hes read all 3 of my last emails and hasn't responded to one of them
Old 03-30-2002, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
Glad you found someone nice... I found someone in the For Sale forum who screwed me out of $47 for some corner lights. Hes read all 3 of my last emails and hasn't responded to one of them

Then why are you trying to keep his identity 'secret' or something? let everyone on here know or post in the proper forum so other people don't get burned.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do you see what I'm doing the Roadbeast. We know he browses the forum but he doesn't even respond to threads. I'm going to get his ***.
Old 03-30-2002, 08:43 AM

Oh well

With all the negative stuff on here recently (the Roadbeast burn ... may he burn ...) I thought a bit of positive vibe for Maxima brotherhood was due. I always read about how people are meeting and checking out each other's rides. I've had mine 3 years, first time I've randomly run into someone from here and gotten that Maxima luv ...
Old 03-30-2002, 08:43 AM

yeah - roadbeast is goin down - btw- there are alot of nice people on the NE forum
Old 03-30-2002, 09:48 AM

Maybe you guys have some experience on this so you can help me out. I bought a stillen body kit for this guy on ebay. It has been close to 3 weeks, he is unresponsive to emails. His user feedback shows that he has good customer service. Should I give him more time. Or are there actions I can take through ebay to get my kit or my money back. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks Chris
Old 03-30-2002, 11:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by bandera311
Maybe you guys have some experience on this so you can help me out. I bought a stillen body kit for this guy on ebay. It has been close to 3 weeks, he is unresponsive to emails. His user feedback shows that he has good customer service. Should I give him more time. Or are there actions I can take through ebay to get my kit or my money back. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks Chris
Call your bank and setup a complaint. They'll start an investigation.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:07 AM
SLOW

Well I think my problem is resolved. He got back to me this morning finally. He is dealing with personal problems. I checked the tracking number he gave me and it is indeed valid, but the whereabouts of the product are unknown. He sent it out on the 19th, and as of the 24th it hadn't even left Cali yet, that was the last update. Its now the 30th and the last update was 6 days ago.... who knows whats going on with it. I just dislike the fact that my front end is missing parts.

Bandera, what method of payment did you use? If you used PayPal or Credit Card then there are ways to go about getting your money back.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:13 AM

I used paypal
Old 03-30-2002, 04:15 PM

Well I think my problem is resolved. He got back to me this morning finally. He is dealing with personal problems. I checked the tracking number he gave me and it is indeed valid, but the whereabouts of the product are unknown. He sent it out on the 19th, and as of the 24th it hadn't even left Cali yet, that was the last update. Its now the 30th and the last update was 6 days ago.... who knows whats going on with it. I just dislike the fact that my front end is missing parts.

Bandera, what method of payment did you use? If you used PayPal or Credit Card then there are ways to go about getting your money back.
Neal my springs were the same way...they never updated the the info on whee the product was until i got it, he used usps.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by CHI99Limited

Neal my springs were the same way...they never updated the the info on whee the product was until i got it, he used usps.
I ship all the time by USPS. The worst. I only insure products so they are less inclined to steal them. COD? They'll deliver the goods, but not my payment, and tracking is virtually non-existent.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:53 PM

Ask Big ol' Russ about that!