General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

If you have a spare few hours, a bunch of oil analysis stuff has been added.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 09:07 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

If you have a spare few hours, a bunch of oil analysis stuff has been added.....

New member Don Stevens has submitted the 8 oil analyses he has taken while running Amsoil on his '85 5-series Bimmer, as well as an analysis from a friend of his who has a '97 S/C M3.

In addition, Lordrandall FINALLY submitted his first oil analysis with his '92 VE 5-speed.

What else has occurred in this Revision?

A bunch of links on Mobil 1's composition and various other "what makes up an oil" links

An explanation of TBN analysis and their values in my Wife's 99 Maxima (which I didn't know was performed by Oil Analyzer's in her original sample), as well as Phoung's '97 Miata which uses Amsoil. It's quite astonishing to see the values of the Amsoil vehicles versus other oils.

A brief explanation of TAN analysis that was performed on my 94's dino oil ATF. The folks under the delusion that 30k on dino ATF is OK for our automajics really need to re-consider that.

A new worksheet that we'll begin updating with "baseline" analysis of as many oils as possible. Thus far, Don Stevens has been kind enough to forward me two oils: BMW 5W/30 Synthetic and Valvoline 10W/40 Maxlife dino. Notice the difference in TBN values between both oils.

Under the individual car profiles, a link to any who are Amsoil dealers.

There's probably some other stuff, but I don't remember it right now.

Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2002, 05:02 PM

Re: If you have a spare few hours, a bunch of oil analysis stuff has been added.....

Originally posted by bill99gxe
New member Don Stevens has submitted the 8 oil analyses he has taken while running Amsoil on his '85 5-series Bimmer, as well as an analysis from a friend of his who has a '97 S/C M3.

In addition, Lordrandall FINALLY submitted his first oil analysis with his '92 VE 5-speed.

What else has occurred in this Revision?

A bunch of links on Mobil 1's composition and various other "what makes up an oil" links

An explanation of TBN analysis and their values in my Wife's 99 Maxima (which I didn't know was performed by Oil Analyzer's in her original sample), as well as Phoung's '97 Miata which uses Amsoil. It's quite astonishing to see the values of the Amsoil vehicles versus other oils.

A brief explanation of TAN analysis that was performed on my 94's dino oil ATF. The folks under the delusion that 30k on dino ATF is OK for our automajics really need to re-consider that.

A new worksheet that we'll begin updating with "baseline" analysis of as many oils as possible. Thus far, Don Stevens has been kind enough to forward me two oils: BMW 5W/30 Synthetic and Valvoline 10W/40 Maxlife dino. Notice the difference in TBN values between both oils.

Under the individual car profiles, a link to any who are Amsoil dealers.

There's probably some other stuff, but I don't remember it right now.

Enjoy!
I now know what I'm doing tonight.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:44 PM

Re: Re: If you have a spare few hours, a bunch of oil analysis stuff has been added.....

Originally posted by iwannabmw

I now know what I'm doing tonight.
yeah, we all know you're am Amsoil *****, but you can't help it

Vinipux

p.s. hey, want to help put my brake $hit together next weekend?
Old 04-06-2002, 07:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: If you have a spare few hours, a bunch of oil analysis stuff has been added.....

Originally posted by Vinipux

yeah, we all know you're am Amsoil *****, but you can't help it

Vinipux

p.s. hey, want to help put my brake $hit together next weekend?
That and I pretty much have no life right now. Besides, how smooth does your tranny shift now

What time next weekend? So far, I have only Sun. afternoon open.