General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got a problem i can't track down....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 10:55 PM

Got a problem i can't track down....

So i had an ACT clutch kit, AASCO flywheel, and Pacesetter STS put in about 1500 miles ago.
Was alittle hard on the clutch during break it, sped around but made easy shifts. didn't dump the clutch, let my cousin drive it and he barked second twice after it had about 250 miles on it (bastard). All was fine until i got it broke in and was traveling down a back road at 140 when i heard some loud clanks under my car. like i kicked up a rock. Well after that i would go WOT and when i got high in RPMS my car would make a weird buzzing rattling sound. So i climbed under the car and i had lost 2 bolts of my STS to my linkage and the spring was laying on my CAT. So i took the spring off and replaced the 2 bolts. Now when i get on it and it reaches about 4200 rpms i'll get a rattling sound that gets about as loud as the engine. It's coming from the front end aswell. Car runs fine and everything i just get the sound. And it only does it when i'm actually moving. if i'm in gear at a light and rev it up. it won't make the sound. Only when i'm driving. And now when my car sits for about 10 minutes hot or cold. When i start it up it makes a sound like escaping air mixed with broken bolts rattling around, and only sounds when i rev then stops after about a 2 minutes. Both problems are seperate from each other. But i think the start up whistle sound is my missing exhaust stud. The other i have no clue. Any ideas?
I'm stumped
Old 04-07-2002, 12:39 AM

Do you have an aftermarket Y? Mine started rattling at the flex and then started leaking.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:41 AM

nope.
all stock except for clutch, flywheel, and sts.