General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Insurance on maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 04:58 PM
dirtyhobo

Insurance on maxima

What are the insurance rates on maximas ive been looking for something thats sporty and pretty fast and has room for more than two, I think ive found it in the maxima. The only thing is insurance i dont think it will be considered a sports car but dont really know (keep in mind im only 16 and im looking for a first car and full coverage). Thanks in advance

Old 04-11-2002, 05:03 PM

Re: Insurance on maxima

Originally posted by dirtyhobo
What are the insurance rates on maximas ive been looking for something thats sporty and pretty fast and has room for more than two, I think ive found it in the maxima. The only thing is insurance i dont think it will be considered a sports car but dont really know (keep in mind im only 16 and im looking for a first car and full coverage). Thanks in advance
it;s not a sport car in insurance minds...

it's a 4-door family sedan...and btw, i'm 16 too and drive a 97 GLE...i think my parents pay about $900/6 months for my insurance
Old 04-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's not considered a sports car by insurance companies but some companies realize its power while others don't. I'm 18 and when I was 17 one company quoted me $4700/year to insure a Maxima but to insure a Taurus or Accord would have been almost half that. I ended up paying $2800/year and still do.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:19 PM
dirtyhobo

Dang oh well i have geico and hope they wont recognize it cause im almost all out of ideas on cars pretty soon im gonna say screw it and just get a freakin civic or something and leave it stock and find another hobby instead of cars what a sad day it will be

Old 04-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Insurance on maxima

Originally posted by 97BlackMax
it's a 4-door family sedan...and btw, i'm 16 too and drive a 97 GLE...i think my parents pay about $900/6 months for my insurance
Same thing here. 16 with a '96 GXE, never in any accidents (neither me nor the car ), no tickets, nada. $1800 or so a year with a $1000 deductable.
-Cyrus