General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Front/Rear Wheel Well Deflectors -- Like 'Em?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:48 AM

Front/Rear Wheel Well Deflectors -- Like 'Em?

I've been looking at my 2K2 SE lately, and have really been eye balling those front and rear wheel well deflectors. They sure are ugly, and I'd like to take them off. I've noticed that a good number of the great looking car pictures that are sent in to the forum, do not have them on. Did you remove them if you had them on? Was the paint underneath OK? I'd like to keep the addition along the rocker panel though. Thoughts???

What's the consensus on keeping them or dumping them???
Old 04-17-2002, 11:03 AM

Re: Front/Rear Wheel Well Deflectors -- Like 'Em?

Originally posted by Older Kid
I've been looking at my 2K2 SE lately, and have really been eye balling those front and rear wheel well deflectors. They sure are ugly, and I'd like to take them off. I've noticed that a good number of the great looking car pictures that are sent in to the forum, do not have them on. Did you remove them if you had them on? Was the paint underneath OK? I'd like to keep the addition along the rocker panel though. Thoughts???

What's the consensus on keeping them or dumping them???
Assuming you are speaking of the mud guards and side skirts...

I kinda like em, they break up the lines of an otherwise awkward looking car and make it look better, kinda like a poor man's body kit hehe.. Don't get me wrong, I like the way the car looks, but I think the guards add to the appearance, at least until you can get a real body kit. Besides, they're good at keeping dirt/rocks off your paint. They should be fine to take off, just be careful about trapped dirt underneath scratching your paint.

I say keep em.