General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Gauge faces

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 07:17 PM

Gauge faces

I bought some gauge faces a couple weeks ago from importintelligence.com and they are just like stickers or something! Assuming they take them back, i havent opened them, i am going to get new REAL white gauge faces. I also bought the glowing blue needles from them. Do you think that the glowing blue needles would go with indago gauge faces or would it look better with just regular white gauge faces.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:19 PM

Re: Gauge faces

Originally posted by BBaker025
I bought some gauge faces a couple weeks ago from importintelligence.com and they are just like stickers or something! Assuming they take them back, i havent opened them, i am going to get new REAL white gauge faces. I also bought the glowing blue needles from them. Do you think that the glowing blue needles would go with indago gauge faces or would it look better with just regular white gauge faces.

I have the reverse indiglo gauges and needles from import intelligence and I highly recommend that you get the reverse gauges off ebay or something and ship your whole gauge cluster to import intelligence for the install. I learned the hard way and F*cked up the calibration of the needles and made the stupid mistake to take it to Nissan so they could F*ck it up more. Well, all in all I ended up shipping the whole cluster to Matt at import intelligence and he fixed the calibration and the needles sticking for about $10. I think they charge about $20 to put on the gauges and needles but it is DEF worth it. Trust me when I say I learned the hard way, it was a pain in the @ss.

p.s. if and when u send your gauge cluster out disconnect the battery since most of the power for your car runs through the gauges if you dont disconnect your battery it will go dead !!! (again I learned the hard way)

if you have any questions about it email me at nymjayjay@aol.com

Jay from CT
Old 06-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Gauge faces

Originally posted by BBaker025
Where do you get the real white gauge faces? I have a 98 Maxima SE and it does not have white gauges. Is that weird?

Anyways, I can't seem to find good white faces. I don't want the indiglo kind, I want something like what was actually supposed to come in the SE.

And yea, the ones from importintelligence.com look really cheap... just stickers that cover up all of the little tick marks for the speedometer.

Anyone know where I can get good white gauge face overlays? Can they be dealer installed for not a lot of money? I did a search but didn't find much information. I found a lot of information about the indiglo gauges, but that's not what I want.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:38 PM
Maximaniac

Re: Re: Gauge faces

Your best bet might be getting the SE gauges from a junkyard.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Lightly modded

Originally posted by swcello

Where do you get the real white gauge faces? I have a 98 Maxima SE and it does not have white gauges. Is that weird?
yes it is.....maybe you have a GXE
Old 06-06-2002, 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Gauge faces

Originally posted by cmac95gxe
Your best bet might be getting the SE gauges from a junkyard.
Just so you know. If you change the complete cluster, you will loose your original odometer reading. It will show the milage of the donor vehicle.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nymjayjay

I have the reverse indiglo gauges and needles from import intelligence and I highly recommend that you get the reverse gauges off ebay or something and ship your whole gauge cluster to import intelligence for the install. I learned the hard way and F*cked up the calibration of the needles and made the stupid mistake to take it to Nissan so they could F*ck it up more. Well, all in all I ended up shipping the whole cluster to Matt at import intelligence and he fixed the calibration and the needles sticking for about $10. I think they charge about $20 to put on the gauges and needles but it is DEF worth it. Trust me when I say I learned the hard way, it was a pain in the @ss.

p.s. if and when u send your gauge cluster out disconnect the battery since most of the power for your car runs through the gauges if you dont disconnect your battery it will go dead !!! (again I learned the hard way)

if you have any questions about it email me at nymjayjay@aol.com

Jay from CT
I bought the blue needles from the same comp. I plan on sending them my cluster so they can install it.How long did it take from the time you mailed it to the time u got it back?I was reading the instructions and it says to make sure that the needles are made of clear plastic.Mines are kind of redish.Were yours the same color?

Peace