General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

accident update...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 11:54 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

accident update...

ok guys, here is my accident update. for details go to:houston-imports.com
Anyways, the other guys side has accepted liability in the accident, and everything to be paid is to come out of his insurance/pocket. no need to go to court. my attorney said to just let them know when my "therapy" is complete so we can get the rest of the damages. Total damages are just under $11,000. I DO plan on keeping my car as i was very lucky and there was no frame damege whatsoever. the damages consist of this: his hitch split my front bumber between the frame rails, trashed everything all the way back to the block. the little bit of his bumper that did hit my car went over my bumper and crushed everything back to the block. the guy said that the block was fine, not even the motor mounts wer damaged, but he put in a NEW engine and all accessories. I just got a new engine, belts, intake, alternator, a/c,...everything under my hood basicly without any frame damage whatsoever. I also plan on keeping it because it is an AE and they do not make them any more(I want to supercharge it with some of the money...) I know I am getting it fixed properly because I was there every day and saw every inch of the tear down, inspection, and repair process. (i will try and put pictures up soon) The whole front end is getting repainted, along with the rear bumper put on and painted.

one real quick question, what should i push for as far as depreciation of my vehicle in the accident? $15,000 sound good? I know I wouldnt pay top dollar for a car that I know has been in a $11,00 accident, no matter how good it was fixed.

Later i will have a write up of why i will never buy a domesticly made vehicle in my life / long term rental car write up.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:05 AM

Houston-Imports.com

that is a crazy story. i always think how bad *** it would be if someone hit me than ran and i chased them down and was like "no you dont, b*tch" although im sure the police discourage it.

ah well, glad you're pretty satisfied with the outcome. are you injured at all?
Old 04-29-2002, 11:50 PM

My therapy regiem

I do go to therapy 3 times a week... I love getting my neck and back massaged
Old 04-29-2002, 11:56 PM

Old 04-30-2002, 12:01 AM

Hey Rob. Did you have a chance to send out your AE tails for my 2K2 tail swap?
Old 04-30-2002, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Maximus1000
Hey Rob. Did you have a chance to send out your AE tails for my 2K2 tail swap?
not yet, the insurance company is now not wanting to fix the windows, so I have refused to pick up the car until it has been put back in the same exact condition that it was in before the accident. Not only are they going to fix the windows, but they continue to pay for my rental car for as long as it takes. The body shop guy says they are just trying to be d!cks, and my lawyer says that they are making it real easy for us to jack up the pain and suffering, loss of use and other things. The more the insurance company ****es me off, the more I am going to push for. As soon as I get it back I am going to send them overnight.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by Rob'sAE

not yet, the insurance company is now not wanting to fix the windows, so I have refused to pick up the car until it has been put back in the same exact condition that it was in before the accident. Not only are they going to fix the windows, but they continue to pay for my rental car for as long as it takes. The body shop guy says they are just trying to be d!cks, and my lawyer says that they are making it real easy for us to jack up the pain and suffering, loss of use and other things. The more the insurance company ****es me off, the more I am going to push for. As soon as I get it back I am going to send them overnight.
Okay, send me an e-mail when you send them out so I can expect them.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Newman
Houston-Imports.com

that is a crazy story. i always think how bad *** it would be if someone hit me than ran and i chased them down and was like "no you dont, b*tch" although im sure the police discourage it.

ah well, glad you're pretty satisfied with the outcome. are you injured at all?
Hey newman, I just realized that your sig pics look almost like my car, except mine is about 5x's worse. My bumber was also split in half by the guys hitch. Looks like nothing hit your frame either, we are both lucky.