General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

what a bizarre story....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2000, 02:57 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

so my wife works with this woman with a white 92 maxima. The woman goes to Sam's on Friday and with parking being kinda tight, she parks around the side. She does her shopping and returns to find her car gone... So she goes in and tells security.. they tell her she's just misplaced her car and tell her to look again. She does... still gone. So she goes back and calls the police and her son to pick her up.

the police arrive and start a report. She goes around the corner to show the police were her car was... and its BACK! And with new tires!!

So the police stop their report and basically call the woman a moron for forgetting that she had put the car into the tire shop. She hadnt and had her keys the whole time (car locked). The tire shop had an order for new tires on a white *99* maxima parked further down the lot. the tire dept guy came out and just grabbed the first white max he saw and it opened and started!

The tire shop said, "ooops, our bad... keep the tires." Strangely, this woman is infuriated about them getting in her car and her new tires. I suspect because everyone made her feel stupid. $450 better off, but feeling humiliated nonetheless.

She was on the phone with Nissan about how this is possible. They insist that its not possible. Yet, there are the new tires Bizarre!! Obviously a new max with a coded key wouldnt start tho. I hope! 8^/

Old 11-27-2000, 04:51 PM

maybe they dragged it to the shop....hope not.
Old 11-27-2000, 05:06 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I'm pretty sure they showed her

the 99 key working on her 92.
Old 11-27-2000, 05:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow that's crazy...

What a freak thing. I can't believe the 99 key worked on the 92! Someone with access to a 3rd and 4th gen wanna try this??

Chris
Old 11-27-2000, 05:20 PM
Got Bent?

Strange....But sounds like a great way to get new tires free though