General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Max project finished! I want your opinions (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 06:33 PM

Max project finished! I want your opinions (pics)

My site
Old 05-05-2002, 06:38 PM
Ramius83

What project??? All I see is a stock max.....

Old 05-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Very nice. Good job.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:41 PM
Ramius83

BTW, it looks very nice....bling bling...

Old 05-05-2002, 06:45 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

are you happy with the paint job?
Old 05-05-2002, 06:46 PM

Your max is sick man! I mean what else is possible for you to do to it?? Anymore plans???
Old 05-05-2002, 06:46 PM

beautiful, everything is beautiful
Old 05-05-2002, 06:47 PM

Thanks guys. I'm very, very pleased with the paint job. No runs,drips,overspray at all. I did warn them that I'm a little **** and would be goung over every inch of the car.
Your max is sick man! I mean what else is possible for you to do to it?? Anymore plans???
I have a lot of things I'd like to do but there all pipe dreams. I'm dertermined to get that 2002 motor 6spd under my hood as soon as there more readily available.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:48 PM

the plate relocation is great too!
Old 05-05-2002, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
the plate relocation is great too!
Thats something I've wanted to do since I bought the car. I'm sooo happy with the way it came out.

Cumalot, How do you like your CF hood? Have you got hoodpins for it since Turbomax's hood flew off? That story scared me so I put them in.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:58 PM

The Max looks really good. I really like the paint. They did an excellent job in the door jams and it looks like a nice, clean job. I really like the look of the car without the body side moldings. I like the gauge cluster, and your leather. The wheels look great on the car, and that engine picture is beautiful.

Some of the things that I personally don't like are the steering wheel, and the missing Nissan logo on the front grille. I'm also not a real big fan of the Carbon Fiber hoods, but it does look good on the car. The plate re-location is cool, too, but I think it looks better on the bumper. I hope I didn't offend you by saying that, because the car looks awesome. I'm just mentioning the things that I wouldn't do to my car.

Later,
-Nick
Old 05-05-2002, 07:03 PM

looks great, white volks would look real good, but the current ones are sick too
Old 05-05-2002, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Nick97SE
The Max looks really good. I really like the paint. They did an excellent job in the door jams and it looks like a nice, clean job. I really like the look of the car without the body side moldings. I like the gauge cluster, and your leather. The wheels look great on the car, and that engine picture is beautiful.

Some of the things that I personally don't like are the steering wheel, and the missing Nissan logo on the front grille. I'm also not a real big fan of the Carbon Fiber hoods, but it does look good on the car. The plate re-location is cool, too, but I think it looks better on the bumper. I hope I didn't offend you by saying that, because the car looks awesome. I'm just mentioning the things that I wouldn't do to my car.

Later,
-Nick
No, thats cool. I like that everyone likes/disslikes certain things. The grill and trunklid are my favorite cause it helps me mess with people like lasr night I pull into 7eleven at 3am after hanging out with some old friends and there's a bunch of kids outside looking at my car at taliking to each other. 2 of the guys come in and they go "what kind of car is that?" Not that I'm ashamed of Nissan cause I'm not, I just like no indication of a make on the car.
But thanks for the compliments.
looks great, white volks would look real good, but the current ones are sick too
I was soo close to getting those but my roomate said it would like a Smurfmobile(white and blue) so I went with the OZ's.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:19 PM

that car is off the hook

btw, your project isn't finished, when you mod, you're never finished
Old 05-05-2002, 07:22 PM

very good lookin. wish i could ave a max lookin that good with speed to back it up.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:30 PM

it looks sick! very very nice.

At first I could place my finger on how your rear end looks different, then I read the rest of the thread and saw that you relocated your plate.

I don't know if that looks good or not, but definately makes the car look different. I guess cause none of us are used to that look since we have never seen it before, we are on the fence about it.

I love your headlight washers and radar-detector placement..really really clean!

How did you install the headlight washers anyway??
Old 05-05-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
it looks sick! very very nice.

At first I could place my finger on how your rear end looks different, then I read the rest of the thread and saw that you relocated your plate.

I don't know if that looks good or not, but definately makes the car look different. I guess cause none of us are used to that look since we have never seen it before, we are on the fence about it.

I love your headlight washers and radar-detector placement..really really clean!

How did you install the headlight washers anyway??
Thanks, they were easy. I just teed off the winshield washer hose, removed the bumper cover, drilled holes for them and glued them in and hooked up the hoses. They work with the winshield washers.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:34 PM

WOW is all i can say!!!

i love eveything from the custom grill/cf hood up front to the rear trunk lid. That paint goes perfect with the cf hood and darker wheels. You have excellent taste my friend and dont let anyone tell you different

Ant

*now your up there with the big boys, Shadow, 1MAX2NV, CustomMaxima, etc...
Old 05-05-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by ny96max
WOW is all i can say!!!

i love eveything from the custom grill/cf hood up front to the rear trunk lid. That paint goes perfect with the cf hood and darker wheels. You have excellent taste my friend and dont let anyone tell you different

Ant

Thanks Ant! Just wish I could polish as good as you. Hope to see ya soon at a local meet.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:56 PM

Blue!

How did I know it was going to be blue!

No offense, really ... but why do people always pick blue for a repainted color? I mean, it's a good color, but ... BLUE!

Other than that, it's cool. Plate relocation, like Nick said, is great.

I've always wondered how it would look with the plate on the trunk and it looks good.

I was never a big fan of those aftermarket steering wheels. And after my accident, I'd take an airbag to the face over a busted nose anyday.

Headlight washers are cool too.

But ... blue!

In before people say, "Why you dissing on his Max?"
Old 05-05-2002, 08:02 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

looks GREAT
Old 05-05-2002, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by clee130
Blue!

How did I know it was going to be blue!

No offense, really ... but why do people always pick blue for a repainted color? I mean, it's a good color, but ... BLUE!

Other than that, it's cool. Plate relocation, like Nick said, is great.

I've always wondered how it would look with the plate on the trunk and it looks good.

I was never a big fan of those aftermarket steering wheels. And after my accident, I'd take an airbag to the face over a busted nose anyday.

Headlight washers are cool too.

But ... blue!

In before people say, "Why you dissing on his Max?"
I was waiting for someone to say it! And I don't want to hear any Fast & Furious comments! I've always wanted a blue max but could't find one with my options. I wanted a color that would stand ou but not be really flash. I have to say that the pics really don't do the color justice. You have to see it. On a sunny day it looks light blue and at dusk it looks like the IS300 blue.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by maximus75

Cumalot, How do you like your CF hood? Have you got hoodpins for it since Turbomax's hood flew off? That story scared me so I put them in.

I wish the hood could be better like the fitting for example. I'll just ordered a set of hood pins, the Sparco hood pins. Which ones did you get? I still like hood though. It's something that's very rare on a Maxima.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by maximus75

I was waiting for someone to say it! And I don't want to hear any Fast & Furious comments! I've always wanted a blue max but could't find one with my options. I wanted a color that would stand ou but not be really flash. I have to say that the pics really don't do the color justice. You have to see it. On a sunny day it looks light blue and at dusk it looks like the IS300 blue.
Can you get me on AIM, maximagtr1.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

I wish the hood could be better like the fitting for example. I'll just ordered a set of hood pins, the Sparco hood pins. Which ones did you get? I still like hood though. It's something that's very rare on a Maxima.
I got these pins from Summit. I forgot who makes them. The only reason I got them was cause there blue and they have the clips that slide in and stay attached to the hood so I don't loose them.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I love the license plate relocation and the rador dector. Not only good ideas but great execution. The work looks top notch.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

He went right pass me His car is better than mine for sure.

Originally posted by ny96max
Old 05-05-2002, 09:54 PM

ugh everything looks good but why move the plate in teh middle of the trunk? the best part of the 4th gen is teh nice clean looking trunk with the maxima...very disapointed about your trunk looks like a civic...also the blue would be cool if it was darker like shadows
Old 05-05-2002, 10:01 PM

BEAUTIFUL CAR! CONGRATS!

I must say, everything looks amazing.

But you knew it was coming....why the blue?

Everyone lately goes for the blue...I haven't seen an original color on a repainted max in..like...forever?

Everyone makes fun of light green, yellow, even red sometimes. But how long will it be untill blue becomes "the rice color"?

No offense to ANYONE that has their car repainted blue, your cars are amazing...but you know, its all the same...

Not that I should be talking.

WEll, if you can afford it, go for it and enjoy it. Everyone is entitleed to their opinions and their likes.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:09 PM

love the grille
Old 05-05-2002, 10:47 PM

HOT color, love the car man... easily one of the top 3 on the board.

P.s. Mozy thats a hot sig
Old 05-06-2002, 12:03 AM

Looks good....Just wondering around how much a paint job for the whole car goes for?
Old 05-06-2002, 12:06 AM

what color is that? that blue is awesome.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by Nine7Max
HOT color, love the car man... easily one of the top 3 on the board.

P.s. Mozy thats a hot sig
Thank you very much.

But lets keep this thread on blue bash....errr...praising!
Old 05-06-2002, 05:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

amazing job jeff. it looks fantastic. can't wait to see it in person at the next meet.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:05 AM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
He went right pass me His car is better than mine for sure.

Thanks, but Pullease! Your car is nuts! Still one max to envy.
K pazzo I think just a total repaint can go anywhere from 2500-5000 depending on the color and things like if you want the engine compatment painted(requiring engine removal) I'm not even sure what I paid cause I had them do all that other stuff.
Black019It's a VW color. I believe it's called electric blue, on 98-01 Bugs. Maybe on their other models to I'm not sure.
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Old 05-06-2002, 06:18 AM
Administrator

looks hot.. you just need to finish the tail lights
Old 05-06-2002, 06:19 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sweetness

sweet man. you did a lot of orginial stuff like the plate relocation and steering wheel treatment. i also like the color. just to nit pick are you going to upgrade the brakes?

regardless you get
Old 05-06-2002, 06:24 AM

Re: sweetness

Originally posted by nismo2020
sweet man. you did a lot of orginial stuff like the plate relocation and steering wheel treatment. i also like the color. just to nit pick are you going to upgrade the brakes?

regardless you get
I know, as soon as I recover from this I'm doing the brakes. It's funny, first I went for speed, then I went for looks, and I'm worried about stopping last
Sprint, whats wrong with my tails? Do you mean cause the cleared part doesn't wrap all the way around?
Old 05-06-2002, 06:25 AM

Re: Re: sweetness

three letters: W.O.W

Quick Reply: Max project finished! I want your opinions (pics)