General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Finally, my B-pipe and muffler are coming together

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finally, my B-pipe and muffler are coming together

I've been searching for a 2K muffler and finally got one. I'm going to order the B-pipe from Warpspeed. Now, should I ship the 2K muffler to warpsspeed to attach to my B pipe to make it so they will all fit on my car?? Or, should I just order from Warpspeed, and when my B pipe arrives, have a local muffler shop put it all together on my car?? What's the advantage/dis-advantage of either way??

DW
Old 05-22-2002, 03:07 PM

Why send it to Warpspeed to do something your local shop can do in 20 minutes?? I dont think Warpspeed would put it together any better than the shop would.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:17 PM

Re: Finally, my B-pipe and muffler are coming together

Originally posted by dwapenyi
I've been searching for a 2K muffler and finally got one. I'm going to order the B-pipe from Warpspeed. Now, should I ship the 2K muffler to warpsspeed to attach to my B pipe to make it so they will all fit on my car?? Or, should I just order from Warpspeed, and when my B pipe arrives, have a local muffler shop put it all together on my car?? What's the advantage/dis-advantage of either way??

DW
I just got mine done today at Budget Exhaust but they are close to me, I wouldn't ship it. All thats necessary is to shorten the neck and reweld the flange, then it just bolts on to the b-pipe flange.
Now I need some ideas on what to do for tips, I didn't get any with mine.

Here is a pic, and yes thats me in the reflection squatting down to take the pic.

Old 05-22-2002, 04:53 PM

Re: Re: Finally, my B-pipe and muffler are coming together

Originally posted by Jime

I just got mine done today at Budget Exhaust but they are close to me, I wouldn't ship it. All thats necessary is to shorten the neck and reweld the flange, then it just bolts on to the b-pipe flange.
Now I need some ideas on what to do for tips, I didn't get any with mine.

Here is a pic, and yes thats me in the reflection squatting down to take the pic.

Is warpspeed making a complete b pipe, b/c all I see on their website is a b pipe FIX? My understanding with the fix is you have to cut your original b pipe.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:51 AM

OK. I'll do it locally then. Gotta find a reputable shop around me now.

I got an e-mail from Warp. They sell the complete B pipe without resonator for $150. That's what I'm getting.

DW
Old 05-23-2002, 06:05 AM

OK. I'll do it locally then. Gotta find a reputable shop around me now.

I got an e-mail from Warp. They sell the complete B pipe without resonator for $150. That's what I'm getting.

DW
Here are a couple of pics of mine I got done at Budget. T-304 SS 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent, good stuff. I had this done a couple of weeks ago just after the Y-Pipe, but just got the 2k1 muffler put on yesterday. Notice they also eliminated the small S bend behind the cat as well as the resonator.

Old 05-23-2002, 06:18 AM

Yup. That's exactly what my setup will be when I'm done with the exhaust. Nice PICs

Feel any difference with the 2K1 muffler? Part of the reason I got the 2K muffler is b/c I'm adding the VI. Those 2 would really compliment each other. I'm pretty much copying what the Nissan engineers did when they went from VQ30DE to VQ30DE-K.

DW

Here are a couple of pics of mine I got done at Budget. T-304 SS 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent, good stuff. I had this done a couple of weeks ago just after the Y-Pipe, but just got the 2k1 muffler put on yesterday. Notice they also eliminated the small S bend behind the cat as well as the resonator.

Old 05-23-2002, 06:51 AM

Yup. That's exactly what my setup will be when I'm done with the exhaust. Nice PICs

Feel any difference with the 2K1 muffler? Part of the reason I got the 2K muffler is b/c I'm adding the VI. Those 2 would really compliment each other. I'm pretty much copying what the Nissan engineers did when they went from VQ30DE to VQ30DE-K.

DW

There is a real difference in sound, I like it, much quieter. It feels faster but can't really tell. I will let you know after the races on Sunday. Gotta try and get some tips now I think I will just use the one from the old muffler and get another one to match. Maybe even try and get the AE one.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:22 AM

Um, my 2K muffler has the chrome finisher I'm kinda iffy about it. I would prefer the way you have it, 2 distinct and not shiny pipes, rather that one wide shiny outlet. Also, with either setup, you have to re-shape the rear bumper cut-out to match the new muffler. If you want mine, maybe we can arrange something.

DW

There is a real difference in sound, I like it, much quieter. It feels faster but can't really tell. I will let you know after the races on Sunday. Gotta try and get some tips now I think I will just use the one from the old muffler and get another one to match. Maybe even try and get the AE one.