General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How easy are the wapspeed SFC's to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 01:52 PM

How easy are the wapspeed SFC's to remove?

I'd like to get these installed as soon as possible, but I'm thinking these are the last things to be installed. I have an RT cat sitting in the box, I'm going to be swapping my Courtesy B-pipe with the Stillen, I'd like to install my STS, and I'm thinking about swapping my tranny for one with a factory LSD. I'm thinking I should do all of the above before the SFC's, seeing how they are welded on. So my question is, how difficult are the SFC's to remove? I was wondering in case I'd have to change my cat, in the event that I don't pass emissions one day.
thanks.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:57 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Re: How easy are the wapspeed SFC's to remove?

Originally posted by Kevin Wong
I'd like to get these installed as soon as possible, but I'm thinking these are the last things to be installed. I have an RT cat sitting in the box, I'm going to be swapping my Courtesy B-pipe with the Stillen, I'd like to install my STS, and I'm thinking about swapping my tranny for one with a factory LSD. I'm thinking I should do all of the above before the SFC's, seeing how they are welded on. So my question is, how difficult are the SFC's to remove? I was wondering in case I'd have to change my cat, in the event that I don't pass emissions one day.
thanks.
Depends on what Stage SFCs you get. The Stage 1 SFCs don't cross the car therefore there isn't an issue concerning the exhaust. With the Stage 2s, the SFC uses the Stage 1 setup along with a 6 point cross brace. This brace is simply bolted in therefore you can remove it in 10 minutes for access to the exhaust. Removing the SFCs completely would require the use of a rotary cutting wheel to spilt the welds.

Stage I is is all I have and I'm very happy.

Dave
Old 05-24-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm needing a caw

Wow. I had no idea stage UNO would make that big of difference.

you ever sell those lude seats?
Old 05-24-2002, 02:20 PM

Why didnt you opt for stage 2? My thinking is that you wanted to see what stage 1 would do by itself. I'm thinking I may need to get this, as this is still another pet peeve of mine, its evident my chassis is flexing all over the place in turns from the creeky dash and the "nervous" feeling with the car, even though I have most the handling bolt ons.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Jeff-
Huge difference, seriously. As for the Prelude seats, they were sold and have been in 6 cars now, all my friends have tried them out

Eric-
I didn't opt for the Stage 2's because of clearance issues. The Stage 1's sit about 3/4" lower than the unibody rails and I'm running Intrax springs which are a 2" drop. My ground clearance is an issue. From the lowest point on the SFC to the ground is a mere 4.2". That's pretty low for a sedan. The Stage 2's would take me .5" lower. I'm very happy with my Stage 1's and I doubt I will upgrade. If I do, it will only cost $50. The flexing and nervousness is pretty much all gone. It's by far the most noticeable mod I've done to my car so far.

Dave
Old 05-25-2002, 03:03 AM

This is very good if I understand correctly

So the Stage one is in for sure (I don't know why anyone would remove them) and they don't obstruct the installation or removal or any other modification or replacable part. The stage two on the other hand blocks a lot of the exhaust and shifter, but should have an inch of clearance. These bars are simply bolted on and can be removed with no sweat. Cool!