General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Pics of my 02 max with Stillen skirts and rear valence

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by emax95

I could never get the covers on the red tails properly so..back to stock for now
Old 05-26-2002, 12:11 PM

heh thanx guess i didnt see it came hoem from work and tired
Old 05-26-2002, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SEguy182
Someones been busy
Looks very nice, what can we expect next?

Next up is a Y-pipe, it will be going on with in the next week or two.

Kloogy, this kit looks even better in person, it really makes the rear look good!
Old 05-26-2002, 01:45 PM

Kloogy, this kit looks even better in person, it really makes the rear look good!
do you think the sillen sides were necessary? would it look akward with the stock sides and the stillen rear? i thought it looked pretty nice in that 1 picture.
Old 05-26-2002, 01:46 PM

Guess you missed my question emax. Have thought about using a front lip from the black widow kit?
Old 05-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Damn the Franken car strikes again! Talk about bad luck, I got a ticket from a cop today when I flew by him by accident. He pulls me over and say's, w"hat is this a race car"? LOL! I was really moven, lol. Luckly he only gave me a $50 ticket for my tint. I swear cops love to pull me over in this car, 5 times in 6 months. I also had a poor little bird fly into the bottom of my hood, the little fella died

Well anyways give me a call whenever and we can meet up. Monday is no good for me though becuase I really have to catch up on some work. Tues or Wed are good for me

ya this car seems to be a curse but chicks love it so i'm gonna just take it all in stride. i have ponly been pulled over like 2-3 times since i had the car. i hit a bird thursday tooo, but i was going like 60 on a backroad and tried to hit him i hit him and me and my friend laughed so hard, we had to pull over i was laughing so hard. i talked to this guy i know, i work with his daughters at friendly's anmd he works at a body shop, he says it looks salvageable, not that bad, just heat it up anmd work it from teh inside then i still need it paitned but that's no biggie(100-150 bucks) i have monday taken up now too between waxing the car(he gave me some nasty wax and fixing the dent) but it looks like it's gonna be a cheap fix. i'll ttyl.

-steve
Old 05-26-2002, 03:50 PM

that sounds like an ericdwong story.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:00 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Are you saying, you now have a NICE REAR?
Old 05-26-2002, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Newman

do you think the sillen sides were necessary? would it look akward with the stock sides and the stillen rear? i thought it looked pretty nice in that 1 picture.
I think it looks a lot better with the stillen sides, the oem sides look kind kind of weak next to the stillen rear.

Mystical2k2SE, I have no clue as to what your talking about . If I wanted to put a widow kit on I would have to do a ton of custom work. No one makes that kit for our cars. Besides I don't like how it looks.

Steve man your sick, I feel horrible if I hit something and I will avoid doing so at all cost(next to hurting myself). Good to hear about your bumper dude. BTW I am going to polish my intake manifold and runners in a few days .

Kloogy my rear is HOT HOT HOT, lol.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:21 PM

Steve man your sick, I feel horrible if I hit something and I will avoid doing so at all cost(next to hurting myself). Good to hear about your bumper dude. BTW I am going to polish my intake manifold and runners in a few days .
yes i am sick. what are you gonna use to polish your intake, sandpaper in increasing grain or a polishing wheel mounted on a drill and some sandpaper. i figure with the good milwaukee drill my dad has i can get a lot of work done before i even have to hand sand it. i'm gonna wait till i get one to work on, i don't have enought time to start and get it done in teh same day.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

yes i am sick. what are you gonna use to polish your intake, sandpaper in increasing grain or a polishing wheel mounted on a drill and some sandpaper. i figure with the good milwaukee drill my dad has i can get a lot of work done before i even have to hand sand it. i'm gonna wait till i get one to work on, i don't have enought time to start and get it done in teh same day.
I was probably going to use a power sander in the begining and then do the rest by hand. When I put my headers on I am going to have to remove my intake manifold so it will be a good opertunaty to polish it. Is a polishing wheel something I can buy and attach to one of my drills? Maybe I will try that. I'm going to polish everything under my hood
Old 05-26-2002, 06:46 PM

I was probably going to use a power sander in the begining and then do the rest by hand. When I put my headers on I am going to have to remove my intake manifold so it will be a good opertunaty to polish it. Is a polishing wheel something I can buy and attach to one of my drills? Maybe I will try that. I'm going to polish everything under my hood
ya you can get an attachment, just go to homedepot and ask them, make sur eyou get one that will fit your drill(3/8 or 1/2) keep my updated on the headers though, 90 bucks for the 2k ones and then just get a regular y-pipe plus like 50 bucks for the 02 sensor moving around shouldn't be too bad if it gets like 15hp.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:53 PM

ya you can get an attachment, just go to homedepot and ask them, make sur eyou get one that will fit your drill(3/8 or 1/2) keep my updated on the headers though, 90 bucks for the 2k ones and then just get a regular y-pipe plus like 50 bucks for the 02 sensor moving around shouldn't be too bad if it gets like 15hp.
The price is not bad at all, I just hope I get atleast 10 FWHP, other wise i'm going to be ****ed. I bought some little K & N o2 sensor bungs, I guess a shop just welds them on and then drills a whole.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:58 PM

The price is not bad at all, I just hope I get atleast 10 FWHP, other wise i'm going to be ****ed. I bought some little K & N o2 sensor bungs, I guess a shop just welds them on and then drills a whole.
ya we'll have to see, let me know how it all goes and then maybe i'll try it. the O2 bungs work like this, i think they just drill the hole and then weld the bung in place, i'm just worried about extending the wire, esp on sensitive stuff like 02 sensors. have you thought about trying those o2 sensor foolers?
Old 05-26-2002, 07:05 PM

ya we'll have to see, let me know how it all goes and then maybe i'll try it. the O2 bungs work like this, i think they just drill the hole and then weld the bung in place, i'm just worried about extending the wire, esp on sensitive stuff like 02 sensors. have you thought about trying those o2 sensor foolers?
I was thinking about getting two 2000 fed-spec o2 sensors, that way it would just be plug and play. Also returning back to stock would be much easier to do. I can get both sensors from courtesy nissan for about $135.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:09 PM

I was thinking about getting two 2000 fed-spec o2 sensors, that way it would just be plug and play. Also returning back to stock would be much easier to do. I can get both sensors from courtesy nissan for about $135.
ya but are the wires gonna be long enough???? you have to move two O2 sensors into yoru b-pipe.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:14 PM

ya but are the wires gonna be long enough???? you have to move two O2 sensors into yoru b-pipe.
The fed-spec o2 sensor goes behind the rear cat (S-pipe) so it will fit perfectly.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:20 PM

The fed-spec o2 sensor goes behind the rear cat (S-pipe) so it will fit perfectly.
it's a solution but a 135 dollar one. i'll be keepign my eye on this one, i'm jst worried about gettign the rear manifold off the car. i might have to have that done somewhere i ahve no time.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:23 PM

I think it looks a lot better with the stillen sides, the oem sides look kind kind of weak next to the stillen rear.

Mystical2k2SE, I have no clue as to what your talking about . If I wanted to put a widow kit on I would have to do a ton of custom work. No one makes that kit for our cars. Besides I don't like how it looks.

Thanks for being an *** after I asked you a simple question twice. Fuken Maxima people make me sick.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by Mystical2k2SE

Thanks for being an *** after I asked you a simple question twice. Fuken Maxima people make me sick.
ok now watch this thread skyrocket to like 11 pages within the next 2 days
Old 05-26-2002, 07:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Maximan190

ok now watch this thread skyrocket to like 11 pages within the next 2 days
ibtl
Old 05-26-2002, 07:54 PM

Just ignore him, who gives a damn? I know I don't.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:27 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Hey Emax, I have a suggestion for you:

Dual exhausts...I think they would look really good and symmetrical on your minima. You could cut another hole into your bumper like I did, or do what I now wish I did: Mustang style...Fill up the stock hole with bondo (maybe the stillen kit has taken care of this?), and hook up pipes going out the the bumper at the very edges. Get some 4 inch chrome tips to hang outta there and your set.

The first is more conservative, the stang style is the more in your face.

Old 05-26-2002, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
minima

duals are lookin sharp craig...although if i were to change something id get slightly smaller tips
Old 05-26-2002, 08:39 PM

You could cut another hole into your bumper like I did, or do what I now wish I did: Mustang style...Fill up the stock hole with bondo (maybe the stillen kit has taken care of this?), and hook up pipes going out the the bumper at the very edges. Get some 4 inch chrome tips to hang outta there and your set.
I like your style 10x better. The Mustang style looks cheap and as though you didn't spend the time to make a cut out so your just stretched the hangars and let it down low. Your style looks classic and nice, and very professional. Maybe emax95 will get a pair to follow up with his headers/y-pipe.
-Cyrus
Old 05-26-2002, 09:07 PM

Thanks guys

Here is a pic of me, the SS and the stang. You can't really see the mustang's exhaust but it has huge chrome tips coming out at the very end of either sides of the bumper. I think mine look too close together from a distance, what do yall think?

Old 05-26-2002, 09:17 PM

Here is a better shot of the mustangs tips

Old 05-26-2002, 10:03 PM

Re: Here is a better shot of the mustangs tips

I've been thinking about doing duals but there are just to many negetives. The biggest is having to smack up my under side, then there is the extra wait of the setup and off course it will cost a bunch of $. Maybe sometime in the future but pretty soon I am going to start saving becuase I plan on opening up a performance shop

If I do decide to do it I would do a setup in between the mustang style lay out and yours. I would push the right muffler over about a inch and same with the left.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:28 PM

Ethan your car is super hot! Do I hear MOTM?
Old 05-26-2002, 10:31 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

This guy wants you to put on a Coffe Strainer kit.....and he wonders why he gets brushed off.... Let's see, Emax's SE == Classy look .... Any questions.... While youre at it Emax, why not go with the 55 Inch wing , and the APC windshield banner ?
Old 05-26-2002, 11:01 PM

Re: Pics of my 02 max with Stillen skirts and rear valence

I finaly got the kit back from teh paint shop and damn they did a good paint job! I just finished installing so heres the pics.

I love how it looks! It makes the rear and sides of the car so much smoother looking. Let me know what you guys think.
DAMN ETHAN LOOKS SWEET, FOR REAL THAT IS SO CLEAN, YET SO NICE!!!
Old 05-26-2002, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
This guy wants you to put on a Coffe Strainer kit.....and he wonders why he gets brushed off.... Let's see, Emax's SE == Classy look .... Any questions.... While youre at it Emax, why not go with the 55 Inch wing , and the APC windshield banner ?
Look guy, just for your information someone on Maxima.org put Stillen sides and rear with a Black Widow/Ninja front bumper on their 4th Gen and it came out nice. I wasn't telling emax to do it, I simply asked if he had considered it. Emax is normally halfway decent to folks who ask him simple, non-offensive questions, unlike 50% of the people on this board. Needless to say, I lost whatever respect I had for him with the king **** attitude. Your "me too" comments have earned you a few brownie points, so you can go whipe your nose and chin now.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:07 PM

Look guy, just for your information someone on Maxima.org put Stillen sides and rear with a Black Widow/Ninja front bumper on their 4th Gen and it came out nice. I wasn't telling emax to do it, I simply asked if he had considered it. Emax is normally halfway decent to folks who ask him simple, non-offensive questions, unlike 50% of the people on this board. Needless to say, I lost whatever respect I had for him with the king **** attitude. Your "me too" comments have earned you a few brownie points, so you can go whipe your nose and chin now.
FYI I did not mean to offend you at all, it was not my intention and I am sorry if I came off that way. When I laughed it was not at you I laughed becuase I really did not know what hte heck you were talking about . See now I did it again. Good night
Old 05-26-2002, 11:11 PM

Old 05-26-2002, 11:35 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Hey Ethan, how many more Brownie Points do I need , for the free Y pipe Coupon ???.....
Old 05-27-2002, 12:00 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Looks freaking awesome..
You and Y2Kev have two of the nicest looking 5th gen Maximas I have seen.

One question though

How come the right side of your car has body colored pillars and the left has regular black ones? lol, no one asked.. maybe I'm just weird like that to notice it ...
Old 05-27-2002, 06:08 AM
Very sound, Mike

Good point. Mebbe he's experimenting?
Old 05-27-2002, 06:48 AM
www.autotalk.com

There is only one word for your car! AWESOME! you have brought the PRIDE back to the 5th gen LOL. i thought you cleared the rear turn signals too?
Old 05-27-2002, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
Looks freaking awesome..
You and Y2Kev have two of the nicest looking 5th gen Maximas I have seen.

One question though

How come the right side of your car has body colored pillars and the left has regular black ones? lol, no one asked.. maybe I'm just weird like that to notice it ...
Haha, I was waiting for somebody to notice that! I did one side and it was just so damn annoying I have not had a desire to do the other one. Some time in the near future I will so hte other one.

Kloogy,
Old 05-27-2002, 08:42 AM

Haha, I was waiting for somebody to notice that! I did one side and it was just so damn annoying I have not had a desire to do the other one. Some time in the near future I will so hte other one.

Kloogy,
the pillars look nice, i assume your doing them yourself. i got my dent out almost totally, have a couple pucks to pull out still but it's going good. it started rainign so i'm screwed for now. i think i might have mine painted when i have teh bumper painted too about the performance part shop, me and matt would be down to get in on it, we should have some overhead once we get our catbacks going and we ahve talked about having a store front also. let me know what you think. this rain sucks thoght i wanted to wax my car today, oh well i guess i'll armor all the inside and check my bose for a pre out, someone said lastnight that there is one. ttyl.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 02 max with Stillen skirts and rear valence