General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Little help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 08:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Little help please

Hello,

I am a new Maxima owner by just a couple of days. I love this car! 98 black GXE.

Anyway, I just noticed today that there is a little smoke (white)comming out of the tali pipe when the car is started, and for about 10 secconds after. I also noticed that every once in a while, when the engine is under load, I can hear some clicking. After the clicking there is more white smoke. Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

My wife did put 85 octane gas in the car and we were halfway through the tank before the topic came up. Could this cause it? Or is this more, and something I should bring up with the dealer?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:17 PM

85 octane?!!! - thats like puttin diesel fuel in there - lol j/k..... you really shouldnt put anything lower than 89.........but 91+ is really what you should be feeding it
Old 05-27-2002, 11:34 PM

maybe you should read up on how to check your engine codes. Who knows what kind of stuff happened with the previous owner. The ECU codes would tell you if any type of problem has happened before.