General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need help with Nissan Security+Plus Deductible

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 11:42 PM
maz

Need help with Nissan Security+Plus Deductible

Get the car back from the dealer today. I had two blown motor mounts (98 SE auto) the main rear and front right one. They also found that the right inner axle seal was leaking tranny fluid. In any case, I got charged the $50 for each one of those repairs for a total of $150. Is that right? I mean especially since two were motor mounts and the axle seal was leaking on the side that the mount was broken... probably a direct result. When I asked to see the old parts, the service advisor told me that he has to hold as per Nissan's warranty instructions. I need help here with what I can do... Thanks in advance, Mark
Old 06-08-2002, 10:28 AM

I'm assuming this is some sort of extended warranty.

Is your deductible $50 per part or per repair issue? If you have a question I'd immediatly go over there heads and call Nissan.

What right do they have to not let you see the parts off your own car. Go back and don't take no for an answer. If you have trouble call Nissan NA.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Need help with Nissan Security+Plus Deductible

Originally posted by maz
Get the car back from the dealer today. I had two blown motor mounts (98 SE auto) the main rear and front right one. They also found that the right inner axle seal was leaking tranny fluid. In any case, I got charged the $50 for each one of those repairs for a total of $150. Is that right? I mean especially since two were motor mounts and the axle seal was leaking on the side that the mount was broken... probably a direct result. When I asked to see the old parts, the service advisor told me that he has to hold as per Nissan's warranty instructions. I need help here with what I can do... Thanks in advance, Mark
yeah...it also depends on what kind of security plus plans u have..u must have the 'silver' plan like me...what i didn't know was that motor mounts were also covered with the warranty..
Old 06-08-2002, 04:14 PM
maz

Called the dealer...

Yeah, sorry for not making that clear, in fact, it wasnt clear until I kept looking at the bill. I was charged three deductibles of $50 for a total of $150. The service advisor insists that Nissan Security+Plus Silver is a per item deductible. I still dont know whether to believe him. Thanks for your input... MAZ
Old 06-08-2002, 04:46 PM

Nissan Considers reapairs as "jobs".

One blown mount is one job. Because both went, thats two jobs. He's not lying to you. I had wheel bearing replaced on the front and paid 50 bucks. BUT, I also had BOTH rears replaced, but nissan considers doing both "one job", so I paid 50 total for both of the rears.

They didn't cheat you. 150 is cheap for what you had done. What I want to know is why do you have 2 blown mounts on a 98?

Mike S.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:57 PM
maz

I think what happened is that I drove on a bad rear engine mount for so long, that it put additional stress on my right side one and broke as a direct result. The only reason I am suspicious is cuz the dealer wouldnt let me see the old parts, since the Nissan Extended Warranty rules.