General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cleaning

Hello again. I just need some expert advice on cleaning. I just bought my 2000 Maxima SE and it was a little dirty. The things I need to know are:

1) What should I use to clean the alloy wheels. They are real dirty, I am guess from the brakes and the road. Will fantastic do the job?

2) There are black scuff marks where the driver has gotten in and out of the car. The plastic pieceon the plastic piece that the door kinda connects to at the bottom. Sorry this is kinda of vauge

3) Should I use a clay bar on a 2000 paint job. I heard it ruins the clear coat.

4) What is the best polish out on the market. I will put on a few coats heh. Something that wont put swirls in the paint

5) What will clean leather real well. Well its clean, I just need to start taking care of it. Any suggestions.

6) The signal light/head light switch has faded in color a bit to white. I now armorall will help this out, but only for a little while. Is there anything out there that will do a better job. SHould I use armourall on the Cd player buttons and all. My previous car I did, but someone told me not to do this. Dont know.

I know these are a lot of questions. But I am trying to take care of my new baby. I have read all kinds of things out on the net, but they all have good review. Just wanted to know what the people thought. Thanks

David Honey
Old 06-23-2002, 09:12 PM
lcf

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=31983

read through the link above. it's the 'clean your max' sticky in the 5th gen forum. almost every question that has every been asked about cleaning your car has been asked already and answered in that thread. check it out!