Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

GForce ECU Shipping now $380! Click for ordering info

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 04:16 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

GForce ECU Shipping now $380! Click for ordering info

If you are ready to purchase, please remove your ecu from your Maxima (DO NOT SEND the Bracket, just the ECU) and send it via insured which ever shipment method you choose to:

TECHNOSQUARE, Inc.
ATTN: Maxima Group Buy (MaximaDriver.com)
22521 S.Normandie Ave.,
Torrance, CA 90501

include your name, address, and phone number to be contacted. If paying by check or moneyorder, please include the FULL amount $380.00 + $15.00 for 2day FedEx return shipping for a grand total of: $ 395.00.

to pay by credit card, please call or send your info to:
TEL (310) 787-0847
FAX (310) 787-0948
Email: contact@technosquareinc.com

Thank you for participating in the MaximaDriver.com ECU Group Buy.
--Cheston
P.S. TechnoSquare Inc IS Gforce Engineering.

Repost of old thread:
Hello fellow Maxima Enthusiasts.

This ecu will work for all 1995 & 1995 maximas and will work in 1997 maximas, but will need a 96 ecu. this has not yet been tested in a 98 and no guarantees that it will work in the 98.

First off i'd like to explain what this ecu does and what it will do for you, while hopefully giving you ideas of what it can and can not do.

There are three major factors that this ecu will do to the maxima. It will adjust the fuel and air mixture, advance the timing, and overall give you a big fatty smile on your face once you hit 3300 rpms.

You may or may not know what the AIR and FUEL mixture do for a car, so lemme briefly explain it. The generally, the engine needs air and fuel to combust to get the pistons moving. By allowing more air than fuel, we're allowing the engine to "combust" more efficiently w/o wasting so much gas each time the engine sparks. BUT put too much air in the system and you risk detonation. but dont worry! Gforce engineering has done several dyno runs on preventing this from happening to get just the right amount of power while still being "safe." One of the main differences from Gforce ECU vs JWT's ecu is that we have a slightly more aggressive Air/Fuel map. why? because we want more POWER like you do. all the while maintaining a SAFE air mapping program. Also by leaning the car out, this WILL be more gas efficient. I noticed a significant gas mileage increase when i was NA and with the Chip.. i got ~ 31 mpg on the highway at regular driving habits (aka. no burn outs. or revving like a bio-tch until you smelled clutch or something)

What this ecu will also do for the maxima, which is the only way to do it, is to advance the engine timing. The timing of the spark is important, and the timing can either be advanced or retarded depending on conditions. The time that the fuel takes to burn is roughly constant. But the speed of the pistons increases as the engine speed increases. This means that the faster the engine goes, the earlier the spark has to occur. This is called spark advance: the faster the engine speed, the more advance is required. So by advacing the engine timing, we get the engine to move a bit faster and we advance the engine about 5-6 degrees through out the range.

Now. here's a Myth: Raising the Rev limiter is cool and we should do it! WRONG. This ECU was to maximize NA cars. Anyone who has ever dyno'd the maxima will know that the power loss after 5500 rpms is by far the worst! Even if you have a pop charger/hybrid PR intake, raising the rev limiter to 7k will do absolutely NOTHING. For those with the variable upper intake manifold, then that's where you would want something of a higher rev limiter. But same deal, you would only gain ~2 hp by raising the rev limiter an extra 400 rpms.

now, if you have NOS or want to do NOS in the future. you need to have this chip reprogrammed. and Gforce is willing to do that too.

So. what do you get? past dynos have yielded a maxium 15hp gain in the midrange, specifically, in between 3->4k rpm range is the greatest power gain. WITH an overall 5-7hp gain THROUGHOUT the rpm bandwidth. These number were taken off a maxima with a ypipe, stillen pop charger, rt cat, and full xhaust.. i'm not guaranteeing these number, your results will vary depending on your mods. so with that i'd like to explain ordering procedures.

ECUs need to be removed by you and mailed in an insured and padded box to GForce engineering. Cost to modify is $380. regular retail pricing is $595, with this deal, i'm saving YOU over $215.00 that you can put into more mods. Shipping will be done via 2day fedex which you will have to pay for. IF you want to send in a spare ecu (which i recommend) you will have to find your OWN ecu from a junkyard and verify it works. i no longer will get one for you becuz it just takes too much of my time. you can find ecus online at junkyards for less than $150.00..

Now. after all this. and you're still interested for this ecu group deal, then this is the info Gforce needs!

First Name:
Last Name:
Address1:
Address2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Telephone Number:
Year of maxima:
Tranny: Auto or Stick
Payment: Check/ Moneyorder/COD/Card
*COD will cost extra*
Old 09-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Will I be able to run 9's in the 1/4 mile with this?
Old 09-30-2002, 10:32 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Will I be able to run 9's in the 1/4 mile with this?
Damn newbies......

BTW Y2KevSE, I need to talk with you, I just I.M.ed you....

Old 10-01-2002, 03:11 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

bump
Old 10-02-2002, 08:01 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

bumpy
Old 10-03-2002, 11:26 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Deal is extended!!!

hurry up. this wont last. i had to keep it open. come on guys. 380 for and ECU upgrade is cheap!
Old 10-03-2002, 12:16 PM

Re: GForce ECU Shipping now $380! Click for ordering info

a few questions for whoever has the answers! first off, i have a 97 5 spd. do i have to get an ecu from a 96 5spd, or can it be auto? second, how will this work with my frankencar intake, warpspeed y and b pipe, and soon to come MEVI? will this kill my gas mileage? how easy is the reinstallation of the ecu?
Old 10-10-2002, 02:28 PM

FS: 95 Stock Ecu
i have a stock ecu off a 95 auto. the serial number is A18 B44 EL3. this is all the info i know. i used this on my car while my ecu was sent out to GForce. I am asking for 150 shipped O.B.O