Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

*GD: Diamond Plate Floormats 95-03 Maxima's.. ending 04/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

*GD: Diamond Plate Floormats 95-03 Maxima's.. ending 04/17

I have set up my account with Jeff at Evolution-Autodesign.com and figured I would set up a Group Deal on some diamond plate floor mats to kick things off. This will be for 95-99 (4th Gen) and 00-03 (5th Gen) Maximas.

Pricing Breakdown:

We are doing this now:
10 or more people - $115 shipped
20 People or More - $105 shipped

**UPDATE** Check the bottom of page 3 for an important update on pricing and such..**UPDATE**

List of people interested:
vsmax - 1 set
existx - 1 set
krazyd - 1 set
BioMaxDDS - 1 set
kink420 - ?
Blaxxxima - 1 set
OpTikOl - 1 set
02'maxed-out - 1 set
chinaonnitrous1 - 1 set
willis - 1 set
2001MaximaSe - 1 set
Chris91se - 1 set
Ookami - 1 set

If all of these people get confirmed that is 11 sets of mats. Get the word out on this and we can easily be at 20 mats, I will stop this Group Buy at 20 mats.

Please PM me or respond in this thread if you are on this list with a question mark..

Credit cards, Paypal, Money Order and Personal Checks accepted. Paypal is preferred for convenience and keeping things organized easily.

Contact me with any questions and if you are interested e-mail me with your name, address, phone number and method of payment.

Jason Sadler
jason@evolution-autodesign.com
Old 04-03-2003, 05:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: *GD: Diamond Plate Floormats 95-03 Maxima's.. ending 04/17

Are those Floormats actual metal, or are they a "metallic" rubber?
Old 04-03-2003, 06:22 AM

Re: Re: *GD: Diamond Plate Floormats 95-03 Maxima's.. ending 04/17

They are actual aluminum. We run a metal cutting facility. There is absolutely no rubber or plastic on the mat. Just chrome plated aluminum.

I used to wonder why people kept asking us this. Then I saw the "metallic" rubber stuff being sold on eBay.

But that's not what these are, these are aluminum and the original (not one of the cheap imitations some shops are cutting with hand saws). You've seen these mats featured tons of times in magazines. The current HCI feature on the Wings West Protege shows the mats we made for Vitek ($180 from them), NOPI's project cars all have the mats ($190 from them), and if you're into European cars you've seen the mats from Legend5 that we made ($179 from them).

Originally posted by calvin
Are those Floormats actual metal, or are they a "metallic" rubber?
Old 04-03-2003, 07:14 AM

Are these weatherproof? Or if they get wet will they rust?
Old 04-03-2003, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by krazyd
Aluminum doesn't rust.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:18 AM

Completely weather proof and easy to clean. I usually put a coat or 2 of wax on them everyone once in awhile and use Meguiars Quick Detailer to keep them clean.

Jason Sadler
Old 04-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

since we are asking questions...........

Are these mounted in any way? I have a current problem with my driver side one always sliding underneather my pedals. I do have that clip thing to hold it, but I have broken one and it always seems to slide loose with my new one. Just curious. :>
Probably something to take out while autoXing eh?
Old 04-03-2003, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Prodeje79
since we are asking questions...........

Are these mounted in any way? I have a current problem with my driver side one always sliding underneather my pedals. I do have that clip thing to hold it, but I have broken one and it always seems to slide loose with my new one. Just curious. :>
Probably something to take out while autoXing eh?
They are screwed into the floor
Old 04-03-2003, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by Igor911

They are screwed into the floor

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
interesting..............
Can I see pics of these mounting points? I assume you have to drill into you car?
Old 04-03-2003, 10:44 AM

Normally they are not screwed into the floor, we use the factory peg. But if you're autocrossing, then I wouldn't leave them in for that. I used to have mine bolted down, but got tired of having to unbolt them to clean them, so I just left the bolts out. If you want to screw them in, you will have to drill into your car. I had 2 bolts at the back of the mats, and 2 up front by the pedals.

Originally posted by Prodeje79

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
interesting..............
Can I see pics of these mounting points? I assume you have to drill into you car?
Old 04-03-2003, 11:08 AM

Do these come pre-bent or do they come as straight pieces that need to be bent into the shape of the area?
Old 04-03-2003, 11:27 AM

Pre bent.

Do these come pre-bent or do they come as straight pieces that need to be bent into the shape of the area?
Old 04-03-2003, 09:44 PM

A pretty easy fix is to put some velco on the carpet and on the mat like the new BMW's do on their stock floormats, works perfectly and I know because I drifted mom's 330i a couple times

By the way, I dropped the shipping charges on the mats, it is going to be pricing as is with shipping included, please refer back to the first post.

Jason Sadler
Old 04-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Sports Button FTW

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...1_158_full.jpg

here's a pic of them in my car. If you thought they looked great in beige, they look SERIOUS in all black interior.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...1_158_full.jpg

here's a pic of them in my car. If you thought they looked great in beige, they look SERIOUS in all black interior.
I dont know man, but they look ugly to me. Uhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-04-2003, 04:07 AM

only use these to show your car at a meet or a show, dont drive with these, when they get wet, they get slippery. and they can scratch easily. this is for show purposes only.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:23 AM

is this deal for all 4? (2 in the front & 2 in the back)
Old 04-04-2003, 06:02 AM

How many people are in on this so far? 105$ sounds a lot better than 130$. How much extra will shipping be to Toronto (M9A 2G4)?
Thanx.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by ToasterMax
only use these to show your car at a meet or a show, dont drive with these, when they get wet, they get slippery. and they can scratch easily. this is for show purposes only.
Somewhat true, but I drive with mine in my car every day and with a couple coats of wax and some care you don't have to worry about them getting scratched up. Now if you just jump in your car and slide your feet around and drop stuff on them and so on, you will scratch them. Of all the things on my car and in my interior the mats are what people notice first

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
is this deal for all 4? (2 in the front & 2 in the back)
Yes this deal is for all 4 mats.

Originally posted by yellowtail
I dont know man, but they look ugly to me. Uhhhhhhhhhh
If you don't like the mats that is personal preference, but what is the point in posting in this thread that you don't like them?

Jason Sadler
jason@evolution-auotdesign.com
Old 04-05-2003, 09:46 PM

bump
Old 04-05-2003, 10:24 PM

Because some people have nothing better to do.

Originally posted by thebigsadler

If you don't like the mats that is personal preference, but what is the point in posting in this thread that you don't like them?

Jason Sadler
jason@evolution-auotdesign.com
Old 04-06-2003, 05:44 PM

thats how they look in my car. I love them. You can't tell me you don't want them! ..hehehe
Old 04-07-2003, 05:40 PM

im in if the price is right ...its tru 105 is alot better then 130...if the price goes to 105 i will buy 2 sets...how many people are in? keep me updated...
thanks vishaal
Old 04-07-2003, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by vsmax
im in if the price is right ...its tru 105 is alot better then 130...if the price goes to 105 i will buy 2 sets...how many people are in? keep me updated...
thanks vishaal
Well if you are down for 2, exists (member name something like that), and I think there was one more member. I'll start a list on the main post.

Jason Sadler
Old 04-08-2003, 07:22 AM
!OG SNES OG!

Originally posted by rob van dam

thats how they look in my car. I love them. You can't tell me you don't want them! ..hehehe
GAWD DAMN that looks hot!!
Old 04-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Sports Button FTW

i never take mine out either although its real easy, u never know when someone special might be jumpin in the car. Also its not super hard to scratch them and its not that easy to see scratches once they cleaned and polished
Old 04-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Sin

It looks ok. But it must be frickin slippery when wet or snowy. Also, for those of us with winter weather, the water/mud/dirt, etc is just going to run right off that stuff and mess up your carpets.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:15 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Originally posted by meccanoble
i never take mine out either although its real easy, u never know when someone special might be jumpin in the car. Also its not super hard to scratch them and its not that easy to see scratches once they cleaned and polished

So are you saying it's easy to scratch them, but that the scratches aren't that visible, as long as you clean them?

Mike
Old 04-08-2003, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Sin
It looks ok. But it must be frickin slippery when wet or snowy. Also, for those of us with winter weather, the water/mud/dirt, etc is just going to run right off that stuff and mess up your carpets.
If that's the case, don't leave them in during the winter.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Sin

If that's the case, don't leave them in during the winter.
What about when it rains?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Sin
What about when it rains?
If you're old enough to drive, I would figure that you're old enough to handle a little slippage. If you have aftermarket pedals, especially AE pedals there is some significant slippage when there is precipitation involved. If you're that concerned, why bother looking at these?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Sin

That's the whole point. Aren't mods supposed to make the driving situation better and not worse? Why get mats that are so much more slippery then other good looking mats?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Sin
That's the whole point. Aren't mods supposed to make the driving situation better and not worse? Why get mats that are so much more slippery then other good looking mats?
What's another good looking mat?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Sin

What's another good looking mat?
It's in the eye of the beholder, but weather tech has a carpetted one that looks/feels carpetted, but holds a half quart of liquid. There's are custom made mats/carpets that are cheaper, then can say anything from Maxima to whatever your heart desires.

No, they aren't metal, but there's a reason why. It's slippery when wet. And slippery is not something you want in your foot well.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Sin

It's in the eye of the beholder, but weather tech has a carpetted one that looks/feels carpetted, but holds a half quart of liquid. There's are custom made mats/carpets that are cheaper, then can say anything from Maxima to whatever your heart desires.

No, they aren't metal, but there's a reason why. It's slippery when wet. And slippery is not something you want in your foot well.
dude, like "thebigsadler" said, if you not here buy it STOP WHORING THE THREAD
Old 04-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Sin

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
dude, like "thebigsadler" said, if you not here buy it STOP WHORING THE THREAD
I just don't want to see a bunch of guys buying them and finding that they are slippery to the point of being dangerous. It's a legitimate concern that potential buyers should be aware of.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by Sin

I just don't want to see a bunch of guys buying them and finding that they are slippery to the point of being dangerous. It's a legitimate concern that potential buyers should be aware of.
i think you made your point 5 posts ago
Old 04-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Sin

Actually, this whole back and forth has led me to a solution. For you guys that really like the look of these mats, but don't care for the slipperyness, you could probably coat them in a thin layer of some clear silicone/rubber/plastic that is either sprayed, or painted on. If done right, it'll be as grippy as a regular mat, while giving you the look of truck panels.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is the water control issue. I guess one could remove the stock carpetting, lay down waterproofing membrane, and lay down an absorptive fast drying layer around the edges of the mats.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:49 PM

Yo! just chill and relaxe.... if you don't like them for your reasons, then just keep them to yourself... the look of them are tight az hellz and who cares if there slippery... if u don't like them, why even post... this is a GD section, "not a if u don't like it post and discuss about it section"...

Two words... relaxe kid...
Old 04-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Sin

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out
Yo! just chill and relaxe.... if you don't like them for your reasons, then just keep them to yourself... the look of them are tight az hellz and who cares if there slippery... if u don't like them, why even post... this is a GD section, "not a if u don't like it post and discuss about it section"...

Two words... relaxe kid...
I'm not the one that isn't relaxed. I'm just posting a concern, and having a few guys that are more concerned with looking "pimped out" then about safety and driving enjoyment getting ****y because I'm bringing up a valid reason not to get these when they love them.

This is a matter of me expressing a concern, and others getting upset that I'm speaking poorly of product they would like to have.

As a GD section, this is about buying product. Orgers considering this purchase should be made aware of inherent flaws in a product's design, in this case, slippery floor mats. Notice how companies that make vinyl/rubber/leather cleaner/conditioners place warnings on their products to not use them on the mats for they will make them slippery? If slippery mats is enough of a concern for large companies like those to put them on their products, I think it would be safe to say, slippery mats in general are a concern atleast worth noting. Don't you notice how products for sale in these GD are often compared to other similar products? Guess not, because you were too busy getting ****y about me speaking poorly about a product you probably like.

Now if all you guys that are ticked at me already for making you realize just how bad of an idea these mats are from a function standpoint, don't need to relax already, I bet you do now.

I'm not entirely opposed to these mats. They look ok, and some love them. I'm just worried about safety concerns. And you know what? At the same time I'm knocking them for being designed entirely wrong, I'm thinking of ways to fix them, i.e. coating them with a clear non-slip surface, and surrounding work so as to prevent water damage.

But I guess you were too busy having a hissy fit in response to my negative opinion on these mats to realize that I have no personal qualms towards this product.

Quick Reply: *GD: Diamond Plate Floormats 95-03 Maxima's.. ending 04/17