Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

TeamVoodoo Custom Laser Engraved shift knobs $44/$48

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 08:06 PM
MaximaFreak

TeamVoodoo Custom Laser Engraved shift ***** $44/$48

Not sure if there has ever been a group deal on these, but I saw IanSW's and I had to have one. These are custom engraved metal ***** with the shift pattern, Nissan, Maxima, the Nissan Symbol, a logo, or a picture of your mom (okay, probably not). They come in all different types of colors and are a nice touch that is WAY cheaper than Momo.

Engraved Shift **** - $44 ea. in Pearl, Polished, Spun, Black Smooth and Black Textured.

Engraved Shift **** - $48 ea in Powdercoated Red, Yellow and Special Metallic Blue.

Titanium ***** shown on site could be included in this deal if you wanted (I doubt you would, but hey ...) for $132 with engraving.

Engraving on the circumfrence of the **** +$15.00

See Knobmeister's metal ***** page for more info. I didn't inquire about wood *****, but he does carry them and they can be found here. We could also work those in on the deal, but I could only do them for $54 ea. And yes, I realize this started with Miata's and the site is themed for Miata's, but our shift ***** have the same thread pattern so they fit like a glove on 4th and (most) 5th Gen's for sure(does the 2002-3 Maxima have the same thread spacing too?).

Paypal is welcome, and I'll pick up the fees. As soon as we have 10 people, the order will be sent in and it shouldn't take him too long to make them. If you're interested, shoot me an email, and I will reply with my PayPal email address. This avoids impulse buys and people who back out mid way ... people much like myself.

I need 10 people to say yes, any more above 10 are welcome, but once I have 10, I'm only going to give it another few days, so don't wait too long. I don't think I can guesstimate how long until this is rolling, but I don't expect to have it for more than a month at the absolute maximum.

Shipping costs will vary, he does 'actual shipping' from his home and I think he uses USPS, so it won't be too expensive.

Anyone interested, please read through his entire FAQ and check read about, don't just look at, the *****.

Did I mention he has a FAQ section? Seriously, check it out, it's thorough and answers more questions than I can answer. I don't make the *****, I just organized the GD

Check iansw's sig pic if you wanna see it lookin GOOD. In fact, maybe he'll pop in and post for us?

1. Kevincleff
2. AirmanHoward - Metallic Blue
Old 05-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Very tempting, those look sweet.

A few questions that I could not find on the FAQ. Do these sit lower than the stock ****, how much? How are they in Hot/Cold weather?

Do we get anything we want engraved for that price or will they all be the same? (MAXIMA and Shift pattern?)

It took me a little poking around to find his FAQ, so here it is for anyone else who wants to read it -- http://www.knobmeister.com/FAQ.htm
Old 05-30-2003, 07:51 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by Anachronism
Very tempting, those look sweet.

A few questions that I could not find on the FAQ. Do these sit lower than the stock ****, how much? How are they in Hot/Cold weather?

Do we get anything we want engraved for that price or will they all be the same? (MAXIMA and Shift pattern?)

It took me a little poking around to find his FAQ, so here it is for anyone else who wants to read it -- http://www.knobmeister.com/FAQ.htm
Thanks for posting the FAQ, that's one link I guess I forgot. Anyway, it is ANYTHING you want engraved for that price. You can get the shift pattern AND MAXIMA engraved for that price. Personally, I will be ordering mine with "MaximaFreak" on it along with the shift pattern.

These should not sit much lower, if at all, as they will screw on in place of the OEM ****, but these ***** may physically be shorter by maybe 1/2 - 1 inch. They are roughly the same size as the Momo Sphere ***** - only personalized and WAY cheaper.

As far as hot/cold weather, they will be hot or cold depending on the climate - they are metal after all. He does sell a little shift "sock" - for lack of a better term - that you can place over your shifter to keep it at a more moderate temperature if you see this being a major problem.

Thanks for looking at the FAQ first

Here's a quick pic ...

Old 05-30-2003, 12:51 PM

I would be interested if you could provide a picture of the bottom of the shift ****. The only problem is wiht teh 2k2/2k3 6spd is that the shifter has the lock out ring for reverse. It would be nice to keep that feature. but in any case if you could show a picture of how the bottom of the shfiter **** looks im willing to get one. Perhaps have the bottom custom made for us.... thanks
Old 05-31-2003, 11:22 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
I would be interested if you could provide a picture of the bottom of the shift ****.
The second pic kinda shows the bottom of the ****. It's just a standard shift **** tho ... it's threaded all the way to the bottom ... not sure how that shift lock works.

Compliments of iansw ...

Old 05-31-2003, 03:17 PM

I'd like to see a close-up of the black textured if possible.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:25 PM

Keep in mind people that you need to put BB's or a dowell or something in the bottom of the **** so that when it screws down, it stops with the writing in the right place.

I used a wooden dowell and them simply put paper in there and kept adding ***** of paper and used a strap wrench to tighten it down until I was able to get it on straight and it was secure.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Sorgasm
I'd like to see a close-up of the black textured if possible.
Guess not.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:30 PM

I think the organizer of this GD will need to E-Mail the supplier for a closeup of the black textured ****.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by iansw
I think the organizer of this GD will need to E-Mail the supplier for a closeup of the black textured ****.
I'm still interested in this GD so it would be nice to see.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:50 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by Sorgasm

I'm still interested in this GD so it would be nice to see.
Anyone who requests anything like this (detailed photos and such), please send him an email directly at knobmeister@qwest.net. I am a very busy person and so it he. If I asked him for photos, it might take him 48 hours to get them to me and then another 48 hours or so for me to get them up on the thread.

Not trying to pass the buck, just trying to show you all the fastest answer to your question. I just wanted to give you guys the opportunity to pick up a nice customized piece for a discounted price. If this GD doesn't show more interest (I'm surprised it hasn't, frankly) - it will just disappear off the radar. I'm setting an official end date of June 30.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:54 AM
MaximaFreak

I can't believe the lack of interest here. No one is interested enough to buy? These shift ***** are CHEAP, nevermind they are engraved! Anyway, if you are interested, please post here.

bump
Old 06-05-2003, 03:55 PM

Ive e-mailed the guy to see whats up wiht something special for the 2k2/2k3 shift ****..
Old 06-05-2003, 04:11 PM

Ive e-mailed the guy to see whats up wiht something special for the 2k2/2k3 shift ****..
Old 06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
Not sure he'll have an answer specific enough for you as he is a Miata owner (they just happen to have the same thread spacing), but if all you need is a pic of the bottom of the ****, I'm sure he can accomodate you.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:01 AM

ahh i hope it fits a 2k3.. i already know what i want ont he **** haha

oh yea
and bump too

c'mon people!!!!

btw maybe i didnt read it correctly.. but how much is there is no group deal?
Old 06-07-2003, 06:30 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by MaxedOut
ahh i hope it fits a 2k3.. i already know what i want ont he **** haha

oh yea
and bump too

c'mon people!!!!

btw maybe i didnt read it correctly.. but how much is there is no group deal?
They are $50/$55 normally instead of the $44/$48 GD price. I know this isn't the best deal, but it's a low ticket, low profit item for him. He just does this because he loves cars and, well, he can. I just hope we can do it ... I need 10 people.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:26 AM

I am sorry if I am not reading this correctly, but are these the illuminated shift *****? If it is I am interested.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by JerseyMaxima
I am sorry if I am not reading this correctly, but are these the illuminated shift *****? If it is I am interested.
No, they are not.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I am interested!!
Old 06-08-2003, 06:48 PM

Just FYI, I already have one of these ***** (w/o engraving) and it is a beautiful piece. It sits lower than the stock ****, as the threading goes all the way to the top. Definitely a plus for me- makes the most of my STS. Also, I have the pearl finish and it is truly gorgeous. I would definitely be in on the deal if I didnt already own one. The company was great to deal with, as well. A+ all around
Old 06-08-2003, 07:24 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by Tim93se5sp
Just FYI, I already have one of these ***** (w/o engraving) and it is a beautiful piece. It sits lower than the stock ****, as the threading goes all the way to the top. Definitely a plus for me- makes the most of my STS. Also, I have the pearl finish and it is truly gorgeous. I would definitely be in on the deal if I didnt already own one. The company was great to deal with, as well. A+ all around
Wow, thanks for the testamonial Tim. If I had an aluminumn dash kit, I'd be all over the Pearl Finish, but the smooth black seems like the ticket for me.

Kevincleff - should I add your name to the list as a positive?
Old 06-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yes add me
Old 06-16-2003, 12:12 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by Kevincleff
yes add me
ttt
Old 06-28-2003, 08:07 PM

bump
Old 06-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Dysfunctional

what does the black textured feel like? and can you get a different color in texture? or only black.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:06 AM
MaximaFreak

Sorry guys, this GD is over. There is clearly not enough interest and I am not interested in seeing it drag on and on and on. If you want one of these, please contact the guy directly. He is very easy to work with and makes a great product.