Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

97-99 Ionic Dynamics aero kit in Carbon Fiber GD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Guy with the Orange Max

These are the emails that were exchanged. I felt that I was being courteous and in no way was I being rude.

Matt:

Good morning! thanks for the good laugh, I'm
sure that you have no idea about what you are talking
about , why don't you have your lawyer give me a call
and make me remove that picture from my website? I'm
sure that he's also going to get a good laugh from you
after you answer a few of his questions like "where did
he get the pictures from?" or "is he claiming that
it's his car?".

I will have to decline your request to have
that picture removed from my website due to the
rudeness of your request. That picture does not entitle
you to any special pricing or service. Even though I
offered you a 50 dollar discount you're still not
satisfied?

Have a nice day!

Jose Garcia.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:19:12 -0700, "Matt Faraca" wrote:

If that's the case, then I'm going to request that you remove my picture from your website. I did not give you permission to use it.

----Original Message Follows----
To: airmattdog@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: CF Lip
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:05:41 -0700 (PDT)
Matt:

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you got your lip shattered. I can give you the GD price that you purchased it at, 300 dlls shipped.

Thanks!
Jose.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:53:31 -0700, "Matt Faraca"
wrote:

Jose,
I purchased a CF lip from you for my 97 Maxima a while back. Well I hit something on I-5 the other day and it completely shattered it. Broke it in half. I noticed that you have my car posted on
your website for use as advertising the front lip (It's the Orange one at the top of the Lip page).
What kind of deal can I get on a replacement one?

Thanks,
Matt Faraca
Old 10-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Guy with the Orange Max

Also, you don't own that picture a friend of mine is the one that owns that picture. Just because I posted that picture in a thread on a public forum does not give you the right to use that picture to sell something. I've simply asked that you take down the picture, what is the problem with taking it down. Is my car that good looking that you must use it over someone elses or even your own?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Hella internets

He does have a point, not to get involved. But it is kinda Bitc h made for you not to take it down. He posted that pic so that people could see what it looked like, wich in turn directs more customers to you. A discount, no discount? thats ok but my god, if he just asked you to remove the pic, do it. Dont be a little baby about it.

And as for ownership, it doesnt matter where you put a picture. If you dont as for his permission and get it on paper it IS illegal. As a photographer i can say that whenever i take someones picture i have to have them sign a contract giving me complete ownership of that image under any circumstance. If i were to then drop a copy of that picture in a "public" bathroom or anywhere, where someone can get ahold of it...and then 2 days later i c it in a gallery, i can file a law suit. Even if the contract between the photographer and the person was verbal, its still MY picture.

Ur turning this into a legal problem for YOURSELF, just take it off bro, if you have so many pics of other peoples cars, then use theirs. Some people enjoy their privacy as well as their rights, YOU NEED TO RESPECT THAT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT ITS LEGAL.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Hella internets

while we are on the topic of pics, does anyone have pics of this kit on a beige max?