Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

D2 Racing coilover GD, gauging interst....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Hella internets

D2 Racing coilover GD, gauging interst....

Im working with D2 motorsports located here in nor cal to set up this GD.

He is contacting vendors early next week to see when they are going to be getting these in.

These guys are located right down the street from me and are very willing to work a good price for us depending on the interest. Sorry, but I have no prices as of yet. They HAVE shot up in price a bit (about 100 bucks), so if you plan on getting these for less than 900 I would HIGHLY advise all of you to get these before they skyrocket in price.

I am shooting anywhere between 800-900 dollars shipped.

Anyone?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 AM
VIP Maxima

800 shipped or less, count me in

Old 11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Hella internets

the last GD was for 825 shipped... Im pretty sure i MIGHT be able to match that... but with these getting nothing but good reviews, i would DOUBT these would go for 800 or less.

Remember that 825 was an intro price, now these are out and the trouble shooting is pretty much done. They have only been out for about 4-6 months and the price has already been shot up about 100 bucks from urban imports. Call em and find out for yourself.

These things are bound to break 1000 bucks SOON! GET EM WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by XeroX
the last GD was for 825 shipped... Im pretty sure i MIGHT be able to match that... but with these getting nothing but good reviews, i would DOUBT these would go for 800 or less.

Remember that 825 was an intro price, now these are out and the trouble shooting is pretty much done. They have only been out for about 4-6 months and the price has already been shot up about 100 bucks from urban imports. Call em and find out for yourself.

These things are bound to break 1000 bucks SOON! GET EM WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
If you are able to match the price ($825 shipped), I will be in, as soon as I sell my setup, which is on the org for sale right now. Keep me informed.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Hella internets

that is what im trying to do..

I HOPE i can get that price.. but we will c next week on the prices.

Anyone else interested?
Old 11-04-2004, 04:26 PM

In if price is around $850 shipped
I noticed urbanimport went up to 1080 shipped
Old 11-04-2004, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by nismo_star
In if price is around $850 shipped
I noticed urbanimport went up to 1080 shipped
Nismo_Star why would you even post that ($1080), obviously XeroX is going to try to get it around the $800ish range. How do you possibly expect this to help us leverage such great price.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Are they even any good?
Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM
The Definitive AE Master

if you dig through some other d2 threads, there is still a seller doing it for $750 shipped. No website, paypal only. Slightly longer wait.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Larrio
if you dig through some other d2 threads, there is still a seller doing it for $750 shipped. No website, paypal only. Slightly longer wait.
Larrio could you expand on this? Give me an idea of who has it for this price? Thank yoU!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:25 PM
The Definitive AE Master

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....cing+coilovers

post #1

beat or match that and people will go crazy
Old 11-04-2004, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dohcser
Nismo_Star why would you even post that ($1080), obviously XeroX is going to try to get it around the $800ish range. How do you possibly expect this to help us leverage such great price.
Why did I post the price ? Just facts of the matter, if a GD is meant to be, there is a grey area which everyone (seller and buyer) must be satisfied, right ?
Its up to him/her to negotiate a bulk rate and either arrange a drop ship from a distributor they know or from a master dealer, or they get a great rate on shipping to absorb some costs.

Obviously few will be in with $900 GD, but if a deal can be made between 750-825(urbanimport sold d2s @ 825 shipped) then people are more willing to go ahead with a deal.

I had JICs*a2*, until my accident with a city bus who "didn't see me" Now rocking used Eibachs and Illuminas, no complaints, but Jerry @ JIC gave the ultimate reason to not pursue buying JICs, lack of customer service and respect to return phone calls, even after 1 month my car was in the shop waiting for a suspension. Ready to lay out the money for the r/s coilover assembly, then poof no call backs, and the run around ? For what JIC was about to charge me for just a r/s assembly and a few bucks more, I can get a new proven product on all 4 corners.
If I'm not coming back with a response at the angle you had, please excuse my post. (Still ranting about NYC and the ongoing case w/ NYCTA)
Old 11-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Hella internets

Ok, settle down guys lol..

That was actually good information. It gives us good reason to see that these things ARE raising in price. And if i can beat their updated rised price, maybe more will be interested.

I am hoping that i can get these things anywhere between 800-900. But again i will not know untill mid to late (if lucky early) next week.

I will tell the vendor to contact (or i will contact) that company supplying these for 750 shipped.

HOWEVER, i have heard NOTHING but good things about the customer support backing the d2s coming out of urban imports. So, with that in mind im sure you guys that are seriously devoted to this GD when it happens will want good customer service backing the product. I have not heard anything bad NOR good about the service with the folks hookin it up for 750 shipped. so maybe they are just as good, if anyone has had experience with them PLEASE inform us about ur experience as it will greatly speed up the process of this deal.

Thanks, and I will be contacting you guys with prices as soon as i know for myself if this is going thru.

for the meen time anyone seriously interested in these PLEASE post and say so, the more interest i have the more interest my vendor will have in pursuing the prices you all want. so i ask again, anyone else?
Old 11-04-2004, 10:50 PM
VIP Maxima

larrio, isnt that where 1max2nv got his from?

Old 11-04-2004, 11:01 PM

hmm thinking about it....
Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Hella internets

hehe, i KNOW you want em aznwhite hehe..

SAVE UP!!! hehe
Old 11-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

OK, what i would like to know is how good are these? Will they break after a year or are they just as good as H@R, Bilstein etc.
Anyone?
Old 11-05-2004, 04:54 AM

Ok, settle down guys lol..

That was actually good information. It gives us good reason to see that these things ARE raising in price. And if i can beat their updated rised price, maybe more will be interested.

I am hoping that i can get these things anywhere between 800-900. But again i will not know untill mid to late (if lucky early) next week.

I will tell the vendor to contact (or i will contact) that company supplying these for 750 shipped.

HOWEVER, i have heard NOTHING but good things about the customer support backing the d2s coming out of urban imports. So, with that in mind im sure you guys that are seriously devoted to this GD when it happens will want good customer service backing the product. I have not heard anything bad NOR good about the service with the folks hookin it up for 750 shipped. so maybe they are just as good, if anyone has had experience with them PLEASE inform us about ur experience as it will greatly speed up the process of this deal.

Thanks, and I will be contacting you guys with prices as soon as i know for myself if this is going thru.

for the meen time anyone seriously interested in these PLEASE post and say so, the more interest i have the more interest my vendor will have in pursuing the prices you all want. so i ask again, anyone else?

Xerox, since I have my Koni adjustables and Tein's up for sale count me in as long as the price is within range.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Hella internets

sure can do, i will update a list once i get a little more interest and price. anyone else?

As for reviews on the D2s here are some links:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ight=coilovers
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=D2%27s

These also come in variable spring rates to better suit your comfort needs, incase you guys didnt know...
Old 11-05-2004, 01:35 PM

sure can do, i will update a list once i get a little more interest and price. anyone else?

As for reviews on the D2s here are some links:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ight=coilovers
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=D2%27s

These also come in variable spring rates to better suit your comfort needs, incase you guys didnt know...
Want to edumacate me on the different springs rates? Ofcourse I want a close to stock ride if a stock ride cannot be met, but I have to worry about a heavy system in my trunk.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Hella internets

well concidering these are adjustable im sure you can adjust it for the system....

as for the spring rates ill have to get back to you on that, i have to pull up my bookmarks when i get home (im at werk)
Old 11-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Hella internets

if you want answers now...check out the previous GD on these, there is plenty of information there about these. thats IF you too eager and cant wait untill i get home hehe