Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

AMSOIL CVT Transmission Fluid

Old 07-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Please send PM or e-mail direct at [email protected] for quote.

Wholesale pricing available! No pressure, no gimmicks!
Old 07-31-2015, 06:25 PM

AMSOIL now offers a synthetic CVT fluid that is a direct replacement for Nissan NS-2 transmission fluid.

Link to Tech Data Sheet: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3273.pdf

As you know, CVTs require a unique transmission fluid with specialized frictional characteristics designed to ensure the belt or chain remains in contact with the pulleys without slipping. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid provides outstanding metal-to-metal frictional properties and excellent protection and performance for CVTs throughout vehicle manufacturer-recommended drain intervals. This fluid is "Warranty Secure" and will not void your vehicle’s warranty!!! AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is a cost-effective, high-performance alternative to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) fluids.

AMSOIL CVT fluid provides outstanding Wear Protection; it effectively Resists Heat; and it provides Superior Wet-clutch Performance. In normal and severe service, AMSOIL CVT fluid effectively resists wear to the transmission's vital parts, helping achieve long life. In elevated heat, AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid's thermally stable formulation guards against the harmful effects of thermal breakdown. It resists the formation of varnish that can threaten transmission performance and life. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid also provides superior wet-clutch performance for outstanding anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.

Extensive AMSOIL testing also reveals AMSOIL CVT Fluid meets or surpasses the protection and performance of Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid:
•In FZG wear testing (ASTM D5182), Nissan NS-2 achieved a 7 stage pass, while AMSOIL CVT Fluid significantly surpassed it with an 11 stage pass.
•In the JASO LVFA Anti-Shudder Durability Test, AMSOIL CVT Fluid lasted six times longer, translating into improved anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.

AMSOIL Certified Direct Jobber, 20-yr Nissan owner, >12-yr org member, AMSOIL Certified Dealer, Maxima.org Sponsor & Donating Member, Veteran-owned business. Outstanding feedback with hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the US and Canada.

Wholesale pricing available! No gimmicks!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:09 PM

Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 AM

Old 08-21-2015, 02:53 PM

AMSOIL now offers a synthetic CVT fluid that is a direct replacement for Nissan NS-2 transmission fluid.

As you know, CVTs require a unique transmission fluid with specialized frictional characteristics designed to ensure the belt or chain remains in contact with the pulleys without slipping. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid provides outstanding metal-to-metal frictional properties and excellent protection and performance for CVTs throughout vehicle manufacturer-recommended drain intervals. This fluid is "Warranty Secure" and will not void your vehicle’s warranty!!! AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is a cost-effective, high-performance alternative to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) fluids.

AMSOIL CVT fluid provides outstanding Wear Protection; it effectively Resists Heat; and it provides Superior Wet-clutch Performance. In normal and severe service, AMSOIL CVT fluid effectively resists wear to the transmission's vital parts, helping achieve long life. In elevated heat, AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid's thermally stable formulation guards against the harmful effects of thermal breakdown. It resists the formation of varnish that can threaten transmission performance and life. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid also provides superior wet-clutch performance for outstanding anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.

Extensive AMSOIL testing also reveals AMSOIL CVT Fluid meets or surpasses the protection and performance of Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid:
•In FZG wear testing (ASTM D5182), Nissan NS-2 achieved a 7 stage pass, while AMSOIL CVT Fluid significantly surpassed it with an 11 stage pass.
•In the JASO LVFA Anti-Shudder Durability Test, AMSOIL CVT Fluid lasted six times longer, translating into improved anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.

AMSOIL Certified Direct Jobber, 20-yr Nissan owner, >12-yr org member, AMSOIL Certified Dealer, Maxima.org Sponsor & Donating Member, Veteran-owned business. Outstanding feedback with hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the US and Canada.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:02 PM

Old 09-18-2015, 02:28 PM

Old 09-25-2015, 05:23 PM

Old 10-09-2015, 01:55 PM

Old 10-16-2015, 05:50 PM

Old 10-21-2015, 08:27 AM

AMSOIL now offers a synthetic CVT fluid that is recommended for Nissan NS-1, NS-2 and NS-3 applications.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:55 AM

I hope it's okay if I post this here.

I know I'll be needing to service my 2012's CVT before too long (approaching 30k) so I'm comparing my options. Thankfully, I already learned to stay away from other aftermarket CVT fluid before I went out and bought some.

I've used Amsoil oil products before with good results, but never the transmission fluid. Also have to consider Nissan extending the factory warranty to 10 years and 120,000 miles.

I've read that using anything but Nissan NS-2 fluid will void that warranty. I do trust that Amsoil likely has better wear protection that the factory fill, but if I use it as instructed, with regular changes, and my transmission does happen to fail in that 10 year 120k window, will I lose that warranty coverage?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Maxxi12 View Post
I've used Amsoil oil products before with good results, but never the transmission fluid. Also have to consider Nissan extending the factory warranty to 10 years and 120,000 miles.

I've read that using anything but Nissan NS-2 fluid will void that warranty. I do trust that Amsoil likely has better wear protection that the factory fill, but if I use it as instructed, with regular changes, and my transmission does happen to fail in that 10 year 120k window, will I lose that warranty coverage?
Thanks for your question…I understand your concern and will do my best to address it.

The short answer to your question is No. The use of AMSOIL CVT fluid will definitely not void your warranty if used in accordance with AMSOIL’s recommendations.

It is against Federal law for an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to deny warranty coverage based solely on the brand of lubricant used. AMSOIL’s Warranty Secure symbol informs consumers of this fact. Using AMSOIL synthetic lubricants in place of OEM-branded lubricants, or practicing extended drain intervals when using AMSOIL lubricants, does not void new vehicle or equipment manufacturer warranties.

According to the Federal Trade Commission:
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part.... The manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage. (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...ts/alt192.shtm)

NS-2 is not a brand of fluid; rather, it is a specification Nissan developed which requires fluids to have certain properties necessary to ensure the proper operation and service life of the transmissions which require it. As long as an aftermarket fluid meets (or exceeds) Nissan’s specifications, there is absolutely, positively no reason why you can’t use it. AMSOIL CVT fluid is clearly labeled as meeting Nissan NS-2 specs.

The same is true for other Nissan transmission fluid specs such as Matic-D, J, K and S…those are specifications and nothing requires customers to run down to their friendly Nissan Dealer and plunk down big money for their average-performing Nissan-branded lubricants. I’ve used AMSOIL transmission fluids in place of Matic-whatever in my Nissans for decades and have never once had a transmission issue. I also used AMSOIL ATF with outstanding success in place of Honda Z-1 in our Honda which was notorious for transmission failures. I sell a lot of transmission fluids our members and to other customers for use in a wide variety of makes and types of vehicles used all sorts of industries, many with very high mileage and in severe operating conditions and have never had an issue.

Unlike other lubricant manufacturers, AMSOIL stands behind its products and the people who use them. If a Nissan Dealer tells you that the use of AMSOIL products in your vehicle violates the warranty, let me know and I will put you in touch with AMSOILTechnical Services who will make contact with them. And in the very remote event you were to ever have a fluid-caused failure with your transmission which resulted in denial of warranty coverage, AMSOIL CVT fluid is backed by the AMSOIL Limited Warranty which would cover you. For details, visit www.amsoil.com/warrantysecure.

The bottom line is that Nissan can't "void your warranty" for using AMSOIL fluid, and if there ever was a fluid-related problem down the road you would be covered by AMSOIL's warranty. http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1363.pdf

If you still have questions, please let me know and I will put you in touch with AMSOIL Tech Services.

Please let me know if I can provide additional help.

Thanks…

Last edited by talkinghorse; 10-21-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Works for me. All sounds good and I appreciate your input. Couple that with the fact that the Amsoil is at best the same price but in most cases cheaper than the Nissan direct stuff, and the choice seems pretty obvious.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Maxxi12 View Post
Works for me. All sounds good and I appreciate your input. Couple that with the fact that the Amsoil is at best the same price but in most cases cheaper than the Nissan direct stuff, and the choice seems pretty obvious.
Let me know when you get close to needing it and I'll send you a price on it. Thx
Old 10-30-2015, 09:30 AM

Old 11-07-2015, 08:14 AM

Premiere quality synthetic CVT transmission fluid which meets/exceeds Nissan NS-1, NS-2 and NS-3 requirements. Engineered to maximize performance and longevity of hard CVT's.

Full Time AMSOIL Certified Direct Jobber, 20+ yr Nissan owner, >12-yr org member, Maxima.org Sponsor & Donating Member, Veteran-owned business. Outstanding feedback with hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the US and Canada.

Wholesale pricing available on all products! No pressure, no gimmicks!
Old 11-21-2015, 06:37 AM

Old 12-02-2015, 05:35 PM

AMSOIL now offers a synthetic CVT fluid that is recommended for Nissan NS-1, NS-2 and NS-3 applications.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:30 PM

Old 12-12-2015, 07:12 AM

Old 12-19-2015, 08:52 AM

Please send PM or e-mail direct at [email protected] for additional product information, recommendations and/or quote.

Wholesale pricing available on all products!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:59 AM

Old 01-09-2016, 12:02 PM

Old 01-18-2016, 11:32 AM

Premiere quality synthetic CVT transmission fluid which meets/exceeds Nissan NS-1, NS-2 and NS-3 requirements. Engineered to maximize performance and longevity of hard-working CVT's.

Full Time AMSOIL Certified Direct Jobber, 20+ yr Nissan owner, >12-yr org member, Maxima.org Sponsor & Donating Member, Veteran-owned business. Outstanding feedback with hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the US and Canada.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:01 PM

Old 01-30-2016, 02:52 PM

Premiere quality synthetic CVT transmission fluid which meets/exceeds Nissan NS-1, NS-2 and NS-3 requirements. Engineered to maximize performance and longevity of hard-working CVT's.

Full Time AMSOIL Certified Direct Jobber, 23+ yr Nissan owner, ~14-yr org member, Maxima.org Sponsor & Donating Member, Veteran-owned business. Outstanding feedback with hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the US and Canada.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:46 AM

Old 02-15-2016, 05:26 PM

Full Time AMSOIL Certified Direct Jobber, 23+ yr Nissan owner, ~14-yr org member, Maxima.org Sponsor & Donating Member, Veteran-owned business. Outstanding feedback with hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the US and Canada.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:11 AM

Wholesale pricing available! No pressure, BS or gimmicks!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:50 PM

Old 03-27-2016, 08:05 AM

Old 04-01-2016, 07:10 PM

Old 04-08-2016, 09:10 AM

Old 04-15-2016, 03:06 PM

Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Old 05-29-2016, 07:58 AM

Old 06-13-2016, 02:09 PM

Old 07-05-2016, 08:23 AM

Old 07-16-2016, 06:01 AM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AMSOIL CVT Transmission Fluid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.