Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Interests.....?? VARAD underbody kit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 10:41 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Interests.....?? VARAD underbody kit.

UPDATE !!!!!!!!

The kits are now available !!!!!!!! I will be posting prices soon, so please bear with me.

I dont know if anyone has seen this yet, but Varad (company that makes all the LEDs,etc) Has made the LED underbody kit. They have been making and selling the LED light bars for awhile now, and introdused the LED underbody kit at the 2001 SEMA show last year. They are BRIGHT!!! The only prob is they havent released it yet. It should actually be released within the next couple weeks if not sooner. The "tubes are the same sizes as regualr underbodies. Colors pretty much the same. The blue, white and believe it or not green will be more expensive my rep told me. He estimated them at around $200 a set for the regular colors.I will not know the def price until he actually has them. If anyone would be interested I can try to set up a GD.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Interests.....?? VARAD underbody kit.

Originally posted by Pearl96Max
I dont know if anyone has seen this yet, but Varad (company that makes all the LEDs,etc) Has made the LED underbody kit. They have been making and selling the LED light bars for awhile now, and introdused the LED underbody kit at the 2001 SEMA show last year. They are BRIGHT!!! The only prob is they havent released it yet. It should actually be released within the next couple weeks if not sooner. The "tubes are the same sizes as regualr underbodies. Colors pretty much the same. The blue, white and believe it or not green will be more expensive my rep told me. He estimated them at around $200 a set for the regular colors.I will not know the def price until he actually has them. If anyone would be interested I can try to set up a GD.
I have seen the LED bars and they are amazing! I was waiting for this. Don, I am most likely in, if they have blue at a resonable price.

Erik
Old 07-06-2002, 08:40 AM

Re: Re: Interests.....?? VARAD underbody kit.

Originally posted by tifosiv122

I have seen the LED bars and they are amazing! I was waiting for this. Don, I am most likely in, if they have blue at a resonable price.

Erik
They def have Blue Im still working on the price....Ill let ya know Erik
Old 07-06-2002, 10:36 AM
lcf

pics?
Old 07-06-2002, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by lcf
pics?
The only pics available that I know right now are in some magazines like Car Audio,Mobile Entertainment,etc...Once I recieve a set I will post pics

--Don
Old 07-06-2002, 10:57 AM
lcf

The only pics available that I know right now are in some magazines like Car Audio,Mobile Entertainment,etc...Once I recieve a set I will post pics

--Don
awesome, thanks.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:17 PM

--Don
i'm intersted but wanna see pics first....
Old 07-07-2002, 11:03 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I saw pics of them in a recent issue of either Import Tuner or Car Audio & Electronics. They're sweeet! If you put a GD together, I'm willing to get in on it.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:30 PM
lcf

okay, i went to barnes & noble today to check out all of these magazines these LEDs are allegedly in. i came up with nothing! can someone give me a sure answer where i can find the magazinen that talks about these things?
Old 07-07-2002, 09:41 PM

"Nubiannupe" said that he saw them in either Import Tuner or Car Audio. To help a little bit, the name of the company is VARAD, the demo car is a VW Beetle.

--Don
Old 07-07-2002, 11:28 PM

"Nubiannupe" said that he saw them in either Import Tuner or Car Audio. To help a little bit, the name of the company is VARAD, the demo car is a VW Beetle.

--Don
does anybody have the issue to verify? also if possible scan the page for all of us to see, please!!! i wanna see
Old 07-08-2002, 06:08 AM
lcf

--Don
i spent an hour yesterday going through these magazines. i also looked in the ones that you had mentioned also. (car audio, mobile entertainment) with no luck.

oh well.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:12 AM

These underbody kits will damage your ABS breaks so watch out.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC
Please explain more thoroughly. I have been doing underbody kits for as long as they have been around, and have never had a problem.

--Don
Old 07-08-2002, 11:03 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

And how would THAT happen?? This explanation will be interesting. And for anyone that's interested, I'll have the EXACT book/issue/page number when I get home tonight and will post it accordingly.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:40 AM
lcf

Originally posted by nubiannupe
I'll have the EXACT book/issue/page number when I get home tonight and will post it accordingly.
sweet.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:57 PM

Ok I'm not sure of the exact reasons because I have inquired about this over a year ago. Anyway, the shop told me not to do it because the light damages some kind of system with your ABS causing it to malfunction after using the underbody light for extended periods of time. There have been lots of reports with ABS problems caused by this do research (Not sure if on the org), however, if you do not have ABS on your car I see no reason why not do it except the fact if you don't want to add a bullseye to your car for the local police.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:33 PM

Ok I'm not sure of the exact reasons because I have inquired about this over a year ago. Anyway, the shop told me not to do it because the light damages some kind of system with your ABS causing it to malfunction after using the underbody light for extended periods of time. There have been lots of reports with ABS problems caused by this do research (Not sure if on the org), however, if you do not have ABS on your car I see no reason why not do it except the fact if you don't want to add a bullseye to your car for the local police.
The shop that informed you of this is either :
A: too lazy to do them.
B: unexperienced in thier work.
or..C: blowing smoke up your A$$ !

I have been doing these for years and have yet to see a problem. Dont you think if neons caused problems with ABS it would be a big scandle that we all know about? I mean look at it this way....Mechanics blame every problem on aftermarket parts anyway. You could have a bad trans and a mechanic would say its because of new speakers!! Not to bad mouth mechanics, but it is an easy out for alot of them. Its easier to say its something else, then to fix it for you for nothing especially when it comes to warranteed cars. My example is a bit extreme, but you get the point.

--Don
Old 07-08-2002, 08:18 PM

The shop that informed you of this is either :
A: too lazy to do them.
B: unexperienced in thier work.
or..C: blowing smoke up your A$$ !

I have been doing these for years and have yet to see a problem. Dont you think if neons caused problems with ABS it would be a big scandle that we all know about? I mean look at it this way....Mechanics blame every problem on aftermarket parts anyway. You could have a bad trans and a mechanic would say its because of new speakers!! Not to bad mouth mechanics, but it is an easy out for alot of them. Its easier to say its something else, then to fix it for you for nothing especially when it comes to warranteed cars. My example is a bit extreme, but you get the point.

--Don
I tottaly agree.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:15 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Ok. I found the magazine I was looking for! The VARAD advertisement for the L.E.D. Lighting is in the June/July issue of Mobile Entertainment (it's got a trunk shot of a blue Bimmer on the cover). It's on Page 69 (how ironic - I love that number!), on the bottom of the page.

I kinda like this...
Old 07-09-2002, 05:17 PM
lcf

Ok. I found the magazine I was looking for! The VARAD advertisement for the L.E.D. Lighting is in the June/July issue of Mobile Entertainment (it's got a trunk shot of a blue Bimmer on the cover). It's on Page 69 (how ironic - I love that number!), on the bottom of the page.

I kinda like this...
sweet. i'll check it out.

(btw, i went through that one! must have missed it.)
Old 07-10-2002, 07:12 AM

I kinda like this...
Can you scan the pictures and post them up?
Old 07-10-2002, 08:37 AM

Do these kits or any other come in hyper-white? I want one that matches my polargs

shaz
Old 07-10-2002, 09:55 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

SonicDust187 - Unfortunately, I cracked my scanner the same night I found the pic (I guess I was so excited, I jumped up and the scanner went "crash" on the floor! ]
shaz - according to the ad, it looks like it can cycle through a bunch of colors. I think white is one of these.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:09 AM

I would be interested in a blue kit.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:40 PM

WARNING

Symptoms of installing these lights may cause cravings for Chicken...
As in chicken and RICE gezzzz LOL
Old 07-10-2002, 01:57 PM
CJP

I'd be interested as well in green for a decent price. I'll only buy if they are rugged and won't crack 3 months after I put them on.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:08 PM

Re: WARNING

Originally posted by Thaxxx
Symptoms of installing these lights may cause cravings for Chicken...
As in chicken and RICE gezzzz LOL
Yup, lotz of rice, but hey, we do drive cars made in JAPAN....

Erik
Old 07-10-2002, 07:24 PM

for people who have seen the pics, how do these compare in brightness or other factors to the light glow pro series? Interested in blue, thanks.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:09 PM
Got Projectors?

Hey guys - try http://www.varad.com

It looks like it's even scanning!
Old 07-10-2002, 10:36 PM

There is 4 selectable patterns, scanning is one of them. There are several colors available. I believe one is a color changing one. More info is on the site.....

http://www.varad.com/hls48.htm

--Don
Old 07-11-2002, 12:32 PM

The only problem with this kit is that there are only two light bars. The ones that run on the sides. What about the front and the back lights?
Old 07-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by SonicDust187
The only problem with this kit is that there are only two light bars. The ones that run on the sides. What about the front and the back lights?
Ahh...good point..I didn't even catch that.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by MetaOrbit

Ahh...good point..I didn't even catch that.
Maybe we should send Varad a letter telling them to create the front and back lights to accomidate the side lights.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by SonicDust187
Unfortunately this is correct, although you can add up to 6 more light bars to the kit. Drawback....you have to pay for them.

--Don
Old 07-17-2002, 09:25 AM
Got Projectors?

Well, I finally found someone who sells the Varad undercar kit, but damn, at these prices I think I'll look harder at the Street Glow Gold Series.

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/varad.html

John
Old 07-17-2002, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
Well, I finally found someone who sells the Varad undercar kit, but damn, at these prices I think I'll look harder at the Street Glow Gold Series.

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/varad.html

John
My prices are very much under that. So that might be a good thing for ya

I have the Streetglow Gold series on my car now, soon to be replaced by these.

--Don
Old 07-17-2002, 07:43 PM

My prices are very much under that. So that might be a good thing for ya

I have the Streetglow Gold series on my car now, soon to be replaced by these.

--Don
No one has answered my question, how do the intensity of the light of these compare to the streetglow???
Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by brodaiga

No one has answered my question, how do the intensity of the light of these compare to the streetglow???
They are alot brighter. Have you ever seen a solid Varad LED before? Multiply that by 48. That would be one Varad LED tube compared to one StreetGlow tube. Also the Varad kits, do other things instead of "turn on". They will go with the music, scan, strobe, etc..

--Don
Old 07-17-2002, 09:02 PM

They are alot brighter. Have you ever seen a solid Varad LED before? Multiply that by 48. That would be one Varad LED tube compared to one StreetGlow tube. Also the Varad kits, do other things instead of "turn on". They will go with the music, scan, strobe, etc..

--Don
I think they also use a lot less power. My friend uses his as an alarm thing (leaves it on all night).

Erik

Quick Reply: Interests.....?? VARAD underbody kit.