Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Well, I've gone and done it -->

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Well, I've gone and done it -->

Most of you probably don't know me. I was a long time member of the 3rd Gen BBS (aka A.Chan) when I had my 93 Maxima SE. I had strayed for about a year when I sold my Maxima for a 94 Pathfinder. I thought it would be cool to have an SUV, especially, when I'm loading 4 bags of golf clubs, but alas, I missed driving a stick. So, I was in search of another car or truck in a stick, and the best mix of power and fun (and within my budget)brought me back to a Maxima. But, I wanted something different. Hence, the I30. Does anyone know how hard it is to find a 5spd I30 in the NYC area? Lemme tell ya...it's hard.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I found one in NJ, and I'll be picking it up this Saturday. Woohoo! It's a 97 I30t (5spd) in that maroon color (anyobdy know the exact name?) with 75k miles. I would have preferred white, but I didn't have the option to be picky. So, this is a bit of an introduction of sorts.

I see some people with whom I'm familiar with on this forum (SYCEFIRO), and I see lp (Luke Potter, is that you? From down under?). When I post to the general forum, I'm sure more names will pop up.

I have performance and a/v questions, but I'll do searching before I post the questions.

Anyways, talk to you all later.

Andrew
Old 01-08-2003, 10:44 AM

as you know or don't. all the performance parts are identical with the maxima/generation. Except the exhaust, our bumpers are different so you might end up with a tail pipe that sticks out a tad bit longer than if it was on a maxima. it will still fit although greddy will tell you it wont. it just pokes out a little further.

have fun with it.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:49 AM

congrats on the purchase! There are a few of us I30 owners on the org...have fun modding...!
Old 01-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Welcome back. Good find on the 5-speed. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Mike D
Old 01-08-2003, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by SLC I30t
as you know or don't. all the performance parts are identical with the maxima/generation. Except the exhaust, our bumpers are different so you might end up with a tail pipe that sticks out a tad bit longer than if it was on a maxima. it will still fit although greddy will tell you it wont. it just pokes out a little further.

have fun with it.
Yeah, I know that. Since I have the I30t, I'm looking for a nice quiet and comfortable ride now. I'd like to drop it, but I need a comfortable ride since I frequently have 4 people sitting in my car. My 3rd Gen had H&Rs and Tokicos and it was fine when it was just me and my wife, but when I had two more, the ride was harsh, especially, in NYC. Suggestions? I'd want to get wheels on that soon as well.

As for noise, I'd like to keep it quiet, but I'm always drooling for more power. I'd love to get a S/C in there, but that introduces a lot of noise. We'll see.

First off, I'd want to do audio. I want GPS in there. That should be interesting and expensive.

Anyways, looking forward to hanging with you all.

Andrew
Old 01-08-2003, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD
Welcome back. Good find on the 5-speed. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Mike D
I paid about $8500. I sold my Pathfinder for $5000, so there's about $4000 out of pocket expenses with tax and all when I go register it at the DMV. Not the greatest deal, but not a bad deal either.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:48 PM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

G'Day Andrew!

Good to see you back and congratulations on the I30t purchase, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. No idea what that colors actually called but its nice and just from memory theres not many I30's around here with it either.

After owning such a great looking '93SE and being a 3rd Gen BBS'er you've certainly made a turn to the dark side, but I think even Lordrandall openly admits the I30 is ok.

Get some pics up ASAP.