Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Accident last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Kal

Accident last night

Well, I rear ended a Jeep Grand Cherokee last night on my way home from work. We were at a traffic light and both were gonna take a right turn, and she stopped suddenly and i didnt see it and i hit her. I think i hit her at no more then 20 miles an hour. she didnt have any body damage on her bumper except some paint and a little indentation, but i have a good amount of damage. First I want to say that there is a way we can clear out our corner lense next to the headlight. Other then that my hood is messed up, passenger side front pannel, front bumper, passenger side headlight, grill are damaged. Looks like the radiator and the front frame has been pushed in a little. I didnt get hurt or anything but i feel really crappy for what I've done. I will post pics sometime later this week.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:03 PM

I'll be parting out my grill within the next couple of weeks if you need one...please PM me.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Kal

Originally posted by Asian_N02
I'll be parting out my grill within the next couple of weeks if you need one...please PM me.

Thanks for the offer, but this is gonna be going to a body shop to get repaired. also i think we have different models I30s. I have a 2001.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Got Projectors?

Awww man, I'm sorry. I hope you start to feel better. We all do things that we regret...so don't worry about it too much. Anyways, that's what insurance is for, right?

I find it somewhat amusing that you found a positive note to this...being able to clear out the headlight Is it what I suspect, that once you remove the front lense you can pop out the orange corner piece, or something different?
Old 03-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Kal

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
Awww man, I'm sorry. I hope you start to feel better. We all do things that we regret...so don't worry about it too much. Anyways, that's what insurance is for, right?

I find it somewhat amusing that you found a positive note to this...being able to clear out the headlight Is it what I suspect, that once you remove the front lense you can pop out the orange corner piece, or something different?
Thanks John. Im feeling better moment by moment. And insurance will take care of it and i'll have my baby back soon.

I have to look positivly sometimes, thats the way i am. I walk into work today and the gurls are like Kal whats wrong you dont seem ur self. I tell them and everyone is like noooo, because they all liked my car. But as for the headlights, tomorrow i am gonna try and take the one that isnt damaged (drivers side) apart and see what can be done. The passengers side one was completely smashed and orange pieces were everywhere, so i think it can be done. John have you sold that sub of yours yet? if its not song after i get my car back from being fixed and if its still available i want to look into it, but if you find a seller then go ahead and sell it. also do you go to the University of Tenneessee at Knoxville? Knoxville is my second home and i went to UTK for a year back in 99 to 2000. Well hopefully we get the insurance people out here tomorrow and all goes well. Thanks again John.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Old 03-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by kalbundy

Thanks John. Im feeling better moment by moment. And insurance will take care of it and i'll have my baby back soon.

I have to look positivly sometimes, thats the way i am. I walk into work today and the gurls are like Kal whats wrong you dont seem ur self. I tell them and everyone is like noooo, because they all liked my car. But as for the headlights, tomorrow i am gonna try and take the one that isnt damaged (drivers side) apart and see what can be done. The passengers side one was completely smashed and orange pieces were everywhere, so i think it can be done. John have you sold that sub of yours yet? if its not song after i get my car back from being fixed and if its still available i want to look into it, but if you find a seller then go ahead and sell it. also do you go to the University of Tenneessee at Knoxville? Knoxville is my second home and i went to UTK for a year back in 99 to 2000. Well hopefully we get the insurance people out here tomorrow and all goes well. Thanks again John.

It's good to have an attitude like that Kal, I know I'd be smashed right now if something happened to my car. It would probably take many weeks/months of counseling for me + body work for the car to get me back to operating standards

As far as the sub being sold...nahh...I've still got it. I'd be more than happy to sell it to ya when the time comes...I've got no need for it, as well no one seems like they're going crazy wanting to buy it.

And yep, I do go to UT-K...sitting in my room in Morrill Hall as I type this out. Why'd ya only end up sticking around for a year? Would have been nice to have a fellow 'I' guy up here..hehe. Are you still in school? What major are/were you?

Oh, and don't worry...Black Beauty will rise again
Old 03-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Kal

It's good to have an attitude like that Kal, I know I'd be smashed right now if something happened to my car. It would probably take many weeks/months of counseling for me + body work for the car to get me back to operating standards

As far as the sub being sold...nahh...I've still got it. I'd be more than happy to sell it to ya when the time comes...I've got no need for it, as well no one seems like they're going crazy wanting to buy it.

And yep, I do go to UT-K...sitting in my room in Morrill Hall as I type this out. Why'd ya only end up sticking around for a year? Would have been nice to have a fellow 'I' guy up here..hehe. Are you still in school? What major are/were you?

Oh, and don't worry...Black Beauty will rise again
Funny thing is my car is all the therapy i need, so now i have to learn to get thru a situation another way. Talking to my parents more and more makes me feel better. I also talked to my uncles today and they cheared me up also. My dad is gonna call my insurance guy 2morrow and then when it goes into the body shop i am gonna visit everyday to check the progress.

i'll email u about the sub.

UT-K is AWSOME. There are times i still miss it. Like i said Knoxville is my second home, matter of fact my drivers licence is a knoxville one, though its been abotu 3 years since i've moved back to arkansas. Im still in school here locally, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, majoring Management information systems. I moved back because I hated to see my parents having to work hard without me at our motel. Dont worry though i make a couple trips to the Knox area a year and will definately let you know when im there. As for now next time i will be there is in July and i will probly be there for about a month because my cousin is getting married and im gonna go help them prepare.

Thanks for the name Black Beauty. I like it and i am gonna keep it if you dont mind.

-Kal
Old 03-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Asian's grill

Hey Asian NO2, I'm looking for a grille for that year, if you are parting with yours I may be interested. Email me, let me know how much you want for it, I can't afford much, but maybe we can work something out.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Kal

Couple pics of damage

Well i dropped my car off at the body shop today, seems like its gonna be my local chevy dealer body shop because they are a pro shop or something that my insurance people told me about, and since they are a pro or something shop that as long as i own my car and the paint chips or fades or if im not satisfied they will make it proper and satisfy me. Damage was about $7,000. You think when they order me a grill that they'll let me get a 2002 grill and pay the difference? Also i mentioned i was gonna open my other headlight and try to clear it out, well i didnt have time to take the headlight out but it needs to be replaced cause its cracked so im gonna ask them if they'll let me have it. Thanks to everyone for the support, and offering me parts for my car. Yall are the greatest. I'll upload more pics next week. Also i should have my car back in about 10 business days.

-Kal

Old 03-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Got Projectors?

!

You're gonna be here in July? Damn...I'll be home for the summer. Oh well, be sure to tell me of any other times you're up here. As for the name "Black Beauty," hehe, you're welcome to it...I use it myself..it seems fitting for our cars.

The pictures aren't too bad considering, I mean, it could have been worse. Looks mostly cosmetic really. And most body shops (unless they're in a relationship of sorts with the insurance company) will let you use the money toward the newer grill...just talk to them about it. Oh, and good luck with the headlamps as well..I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

Looks like everything will be back to normal soon. Good luck
Old 03-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I just go that feeling you get when you see another guy take one in the nuts.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Kal

Update

You're gonna be here in July? Damn...I'll be home for the summer. Oh well, be sure to tell me of any other times you're up here. As for the name "Black Beauty," hehe, you're welcome to it...I use it myself..it seems fitting for our cars.

The pictures aren't too bad considering, I mean, it could have been worse. Looks mostly cosmetic really. And most body shops (unless they're in a relationship of sorts with the insurance company) will let you use the money toward the newer grill...just talk to them about it. Oh, and good luck with the headlamps as well..I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

Looks like everything will be back to normal soon. Good luck
I'll make sure i tell u of any other times i'll be there.

I went to the body shop for the first time since my dad dropped the car off and talked to the lady and she showed me everything they are gonna do. i talked to her about the grill and she is gonna put on a 2002 one since its gonna be the same as a 2001 grill, and also the drivers side lamp has to be replaced also since it is kinda cracked so she will let me have that. The passenger side lamp is gonna be 1146.28 . so in maybe a week i'll have the headlamp in my possesion and will crack it open to see what can be done with it.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Couple pics of damage

/fighting back the bad memories.

I totally can relate to what you are going through. Those pictures look almost exactly like my I30 not once but twice.

The first time this stupid teenage girl with an SUV in front of me slams on her breaks (why I have no idea, nobody in front of her at the time). We were on the street, barely a scratch on her car but my hood is total $6000 in damages and of course the insurance finds me at fault for that.

The second time, another teenager in an SUV gets cut off by someone and swings wildy into my lane. The spare tire in the back of his wranger hits my hood. $7000 in damages. Little bastard lied to the insurance and said he was in front of me and I rear ended him which is absolutely retarded. Luckily my insurance didn't buy it.

Yes mothers and fathers, because your kids barely have any kind of driving skills so why not give them a nice big SUV to drive. These were the only 2 accidents I ever had in my life and both were to teenagers in San Francisco (where the drivers generally suck to begin with, give me the nice aggressive new york drivers any day).
Old 04-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Kal

Re: Re: Couple pics of damage

Originally posted by val88
/fighting back the bad memories.

I totally can relate to what you are going through. Those pictures look almost exactly like my I30 not once but twice.

The first time this stupid teenage girl with an SUV in front of me slams on her breaks (why I have no idea, nobody in front of her at the time). We were on the street, barely a scratch on her car but my hood is total $6000 in damages and of course the insurance finds me at fault for that.

The second time, another teenager in an SUV gets cut off by someone and swings wildy into my lane. The spare tire in the back of his wranger hits my hood. $7000 in damages. Little bastard lied to the insurance and said he was in front of me and I rear ended him which is absolutely retarded. Luckily my insurance didn't buy it.

Yes mothers and fathers, because your kids barely have any kind of driving skills so why not give them a nice big SUV to drive. These were the only 2 accidents I ever had in my life and both were to teenagers in San Francisco (where the drivers generally suck to begin with, give me the nice aggressive new york drivers any day).

Ouch, sorry to hear about your accidents.