Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Quick Pics of Tein/KYB GR-2 drop!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Got Projectors?

Quick Pics of Tein/KYB GR-2 drop!

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, and how filthy the car is, but the drop was a success! I haven't had much time to ride in it yet, but I'll let you know in a couple days. I'm going to get it aligned Monday.

So, for now, please enjoy my sloppy pics - Tein is certainly a VERY low drop...

I think I'm in love all over again...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/metaor...drop/index.htm

Teaser pic:

Old 07-26-2003, 04:30 PM

drop looks good. how does it ride and handle? i hear the tein set up is a somewhat harsh ride...

Old 07-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Kal

Re: Quick Pics of Tein/KYB GR-2 drop!

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
Sorry for the quality of the pictures, and how filthy the car is, but the drop was a success! I haven't had much time to ride in it yet, but I'll let you know in a couple days. I'm going to get it aligned Monday.

So, for now, please enjoy my sloppy pics - Tein is certainly a VERY low drop...

I think I'm in love all over again...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/metaor...drop/index.htm

Teaser pic:

Looking good John. Pics arent sloppy nor does the car look dirty. Could you give us some detail as to how long and how hard it is to install the shocks and springs? Hopefully by September i'll have the suspention done on my car. Next week i might get a JL 12w3 put in the car. How dows your w0 sound??
Old 07-26-2003, 11:00 PM
JsL

That is F&*king NICE!

Is the ride harsh? I heard also that Teins are really stiff.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:09 AM

That looks good man! I am next! Mod bug has bitten me!
<K>
Old 07-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Got Projectors?

Thanks everybody for the compliments!

Kalbundy - It was not hard to install the struts and springs at all really. It's very straightforward. Plus, with the couple write-ups I found, it took all the guesswork out of it. I had a few friends come over at 9:00 on Saturday morning. Armed each with our own set of tools, a couple jacks, four jackstands, and some breaker bars, we were able to knock out the entire install in 5 hours with all four of use working together. It probably could have taken even less time, if not for me having stripped a nut (doh), a couple breaks, and the tophat nut being lost in the yard for a little while before we found it. The w0 sounds awesome. I put it in thinking I'd upgrade it someday, but the SQ and SPL mix is exactly what I want..I couldn't be happier.

A-Rok & JsL - Right now it is bone-jarringly harsh...even with the KYB GR-2 struts installed. I'm told, however, by a few who have this setup that I should expect it to be pretty harsh for anywhere between 1-2 weeks before the spring settle and everything gets broken in. Then, it should all soften up. With that said, I'm avoiding pot holes like the plague, but grinning from ear to ear when taking corners

I'm wondering now, whether I should have trimmed the bumpstops. I didn't like that idea, so I didn't. Now, I'm getting conflicting reports on whether it's actually necessary or not. In any case, I'm going to give it a couple weeks before I change anything.

I'm still getting used to it though. The front end looks damn near SLAMMED. Kinda weird looking to me, but I have a feeling it will grow on me. I've already drawn some stares from a couple guys in Civics and celicas, probably wondering what the hell an Infiniti is doing that close to the ground
Old 07-27-2003, 09:01 PM

man that is beautiful. now that is art.