Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Lowered...finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 07:21 PM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Lowered...finally

Thanks to Tom (njmaxseltd), my H&R and GR-2 combination is in. Woohoo!

The ride is awesome and I can't get over the smoothness of it. It can get harsh over big bumps, potholes, and raised construction plates, but not kidney crushing harsh. I highy recommend the Motivational mounts, as I had a friend sit in the back when Tom and I test drove it, and he couldn't tell it was lowered. He had Eibachs and Tokicos and the ride was so bad, he pulled it out. Now, he wants to lower his car again with the setup that I have.

Here's a pic, but please look over the site and see the rest of the car. I refrained from showing my cardomain site in the past cuz it looked goofy without the drop, but now I'm proud of it.

Don't forget to rate it.

Click on pic for homepage.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:03 PM

What a feeling isn't it? I love the way the I30 looks lowered...much more sporty. Good job! Looks extremely nice!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Got Projectors?

It looks good man

Any bounciness at all? I'm starting to rethink my choice of recently installed springs...
Old 07-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

You have done a real nice job with your car so far. Keep it up.

I love the wheels! They blend with the car real well.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Nice drop, your car looks awsome!

It was sure fun to drive a 5 speed...
Old 07-30-2003, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
It looks good man

Any bounciness at all? I'm starting to rethink my choice of recently installed springs...
Nope, no bounciness. I had H&Rs on my old 3rd Gen so I was familiar with them. Back then, I had Tokicos and they sucked. The KYB GR-2s make a great difference, and the Motivational mounts do, too.
Smooth.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD
You have done a real nice job with your car so far. Keep it up.

I love the wheels! They blend with the car real well.
Yeah, it's come a long way and in a very short amount of time. Now, how do I add power parts without introducing noise?

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Nice drop, your car looks awsome!

It was sure fun to drive a 5 speed...
I just want to say that Tom installed my suspension, and he's the MAN!

I can't thank you enough, Tom.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally posted by max5spd

Yeah, it's come a long way and in a very short amount of time. Now, how do I add power parts without introducing noise?

Thanks for the compliment.
MEVI @ JWT ECU. Just got the ECU finally. The car hauls.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:40 AM

hey andrew,
The drop looks nice. Nice clean mods man, looks nice. How much didya pay for the strut/spring combo? I am going to need to lower my car, because i am getting a set of 18s.

thanks,
Drew
Old 07-31-2003, 05:47 AM

Originally posted by Drew96I30
hey andrew,
The drop looks nice. Nice clean mods man, looks nice. How much didya pay for the strut/spring combo? I am going to need to lower my car, because i am getting a set of 18s.

thanks,
Drew
I bought the springs, struts, and dust boots from Tire Rack. They are *slightly* more expensive, but they come out cheaper in the long run because of their low shipping rates. Adventon was $30 cheaper for their springs, but they were $30 shipping. Whereas, I paid $30 shipping for springs, struts, and dust boots from Tire Rack.

I bought the Motivational mounts from another member. $100 and he included most of the rear OEM hardware needed.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:17 PM

Very nice!! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:05 PM
droc

what are motivational mounts?

Old 08-01-2003, 05:13 PM

is the consensus that this is pretty much the softests combo out there? isnt that why you went with it Andrew? Would u be willing to give me a ride when I'm up in NY in 2 weeks? I want compare to my friend's AGX/Eibach set up.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:16 PM

Sure, I'm leaving out of the country on the 7th and will be back on the 23rd. When will you be here?

Yeah, I wanted a soft combo because of the NY streets and the fact that I still drive my parents around town on errands. They're not very young and I don't think they would appreciate a bone jarring ride.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by max5spd
Sure, I'm leaving out of the country on the 7th and will be back on the 23rd. When will you be here?

Yeah, I wanted a soft combo because of the NY streets and the fact that I still drive my parents around town on errands. They're not very young and I don't think they would appreciate a bone jarring ride.
Too bad; I'll be up there the 15th through the 18th. I think I'll take your word for the ride quality. If my friend's eibach/agx combo isnt too rough for me, then I'll def know that I can go with the HR/GR-2 set up. I wonder how it compares to my 98 Max SE? Struts/springs will be my next mod. I am thinking about just doing the springs right now to get the drop and doing the struts later on in a month or so. I really want to get this car paid off, and I'm almost there... Oh, by the way, what where those mounts that you were talking about??
Old 08-04-2003, 08:59 PM

If I were you, I would wait until you have the money and do everything all at once. No sense pulling apart the suspension...twice. Not to mention that you will need to do the alignment...twice. The mounts are Motivational mounts and can be found here

http://www.motivational.net
Old 08-05-2003, 02:51 AM

hmm, probably pretty good advice. My friend will put in the suspension stuff at no charge, and I it can be done while I'm at work, so it wont cost me anytime though. And I can get the car aligned for $15. On the other hand maybe I should just stick to the old cliche, of it doing it right the first time. I guess I'll just wait and see how much extra change I have laying around after vacation and I buy my books for the semester. I just know how much the wheel gap is going to annoy once I put the 18s on.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:31 AM

Oddly enough, my wheel gap didn't look as bad with the 17's as it did with the 16's. In fact, I thought it was pretty tolerable. It also depends on the type of wheels you get.

If you check my homepage, you'll see the difference with all the wheels.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

what exactly is the benefit for lowering you car?
Old 10-21-2003, 12:19 AM
vaiorian

need some help.

Originally Posted by max5spd
Thanks to Tom (njmaxseltd), my H&R and GR-2 combination is in. Woohoo!

The ride is awesome and I can't get over the smoothness of it. It can get harsh over big bumps, potholes, and raised construction plates, but not kidney crushing harsh. I highy recommend the Motivational mounts, as I had a friend sit in the back when Tom and I test drove it, and he couldn't tell it was lowered. He had Eibachs and Tokicos and the ride was so bad, he pulled it out. Now, he wants to lower his car again with the setup that I have.

Here's a pic, but please look over the site and see the rest of the car. I refrained from showing my cardomain site in the past cuz it looked goofy without the drop, but now I'm proud of it.

Don't forget to rate it.

Click on pic for homepage.

Hi, I saw your car on maxima.org.
Im also planning to lower my i30 as your setting(gr2 with H&R) any advice?
I live in NYC so, I want stock ride quality.
also what Motivationa does with this case of setting? do I really need it?
help me, any advice?? thanks.

Jason.

Old 10-21-2003, 06:14 AM

From my understanding, the Motivational strut mounts give your struts a greater distance to travel, producing a smoother ride. I have them on my car and it rides just like stock.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:13 PM

I recently added the motivational mounts, no lowering(I have 20's) and it is great. I would recommend it to anyone if you are going to replace your suspension. And to think, the only reason I ordered them is because of this thread... Seems the people in this forum have damn good taste in ride quality....