Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Air bag light after installing Cefiro one-piece HL's

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 05:33 PM

Air bag light after installing Cefiro one-piece HL's

Hey guys,

Installed my cefiro one-piece headlights around two weeks ago.....

Three days ago my air bag light came on, I pulled the codes, it said that 'previous air bag repair did not reset diag' or something dumb like that. I reset it,

Anyway I was hoping it went away, but today it came on again!

I'm guessing it has to do with my one-piece headlights install. Any ideas what I should look for guys? My first headlight, I don't think I did as good a wiring job as the second, but they are getting full power so I don't know what it could be,

Any help guys?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-15-2003, 05:41 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Why do you think the headlight has anything to do with the headlights???????????????
Old 09-15-2003, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
Why do you think the headlight has anything to do with the headlights???????????????
Well the headlights are close to all the parts to detect a front end collision .. So perhaps a wiring problem there could cascade to the SRS system. Or is that statement completely wrong? If so, then I'll just take it in to the dealership (it's still under warranty for SRS). I'm just worried they will say it's because of the headlights and then I have to pay out the wazzoo for the diagnosis.....
Old 09-16-2003, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by InfiniSteve
Well the headlights are close to all the parts to detect a front end collision .. So perhaps a wiring problem there could cascade to the SRS system. Or is that statement completely wrong? If so, then I'll just take it in to the dealership (it's still under warranty for SRS). I'm just worried they will say it's because of the headlights and then I have to pay out the wazzoo for the diagnosis.....
The sensers are in the door posts were the seatbelts retract into. I Don't think your head lights have anything to do with the srs system. How did you reset your airbags ? My light has been on ever sense I replaced the blown ones , can't get to go into the self diagnosis mode either. I found a guy who say's he can reset the module for 125.00 .
Old 09-16-2003, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by rixs
The sensers are in the door posts were the seatbelts retract into. I Don't think your head lights have anything to do with the srs system. How did you reset your airbags ? My light has been on ever sense I replaced the blown ones , can't get to go into the self diagnosis mode either. I found a guy who say's he can reset the module for 125.00 .
Oh I just pressed the door switch 7 times within 5 seconds of putting the key in the on position. One thing I had to do was turn on my overhead lamp to the position where it turns off and on with the doors. It didn't go into diagnosis without it!

That said however, the manual says that you 'must' use CONSULT tool (diagnosis computer link) to diagnose if it will not go into self-diagnosis. Sorry However, try that overhead lamp thing out to make sure.

Once it's in diag mode, just turn it off and on to reset I think (or it may be do the 7 times in 5 seconds thing again) one of the two should work. Chances are it will come on again soon after if there's some real problem ...