Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

New Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Got Projectors?

New Tires!

I finally got my new tires put on! Kumho Ecsta KH11 225/50/17's. Dry traction seems improved and the wobble I was experiencing earlier seems to be gone (haven't gotten it on the highway yet though). I'm really wanting it to rain now so I can see what the wet traction's like.

I recently put Kumho Ecsta STX's on my mom's pathfinder and LOVE driving that in the rain now. I can only hope mine are as good as hers.

The best thing about these is that they get pretty good reviews and came to my door in 2 days for $430ish shipped
Old 09-19-2003, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
I finally got my new tires put on! Kumho Ecsta KH11 225/50/17's. Dry traction seems improved and the wobble I was experiencing earlier seems to be gone (haven't gotten it on the highway yet though). I'm really wanting it to rain now so I can see what the wet traction's like.

I recently put Kumho Ecsta STX's on my mom's pathfinder and LOVE driving that in the rain now. I can only hope mine are as good as hers.

The best thing about these is that they get pretty good reviews and came to my door in 2 days for $430ish shipped
Hey MetaOrbit, do you have the sport package on your I35?
Old 09-19-2003, 07:44 PM

his sig says "2002 Infiniti I35 Sport" take a guess
Old 09-19-2003, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
Thanks, I really did not see that. Yet I specifically asked Meta not you. So since you want to be a **** about it and make a joke out of it let me let you in on a little problem of mine. You should have thought that perhaps there was a reason I asked him that question to start. But you obviously knew nothing about me or my account. If you had, you would have known before making that lame joke that I have had problems seeing other peoples sigs including my on. Guess thats not too funny huh?
Old 09-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by gqmac2
Thanks, I really did not see that. Yet I specifically asked Meta not you. So since you want to be a **** about it and make a joke out of it let me let you in on a little problem of mine. You should have thought that perhaps there was a reason I asked him that question to start. But you obviously knew nothing about me or my account. If you had, you would have known before making that lame joke that I have had problems seeing other peoples sigs including my on. Guess thats not too funny huh?
Why, yes, I do have the sport package...
Old 09-20-2003, 02:33 AM

You asked meta, and i tried to help. There are a lot of reasons i could think of that might have triggered your question. Including not seeing his sig, and only looking at this post. I've never come across a problem where people couldn't read text in a sig, so how da hell would i know? and if you think that was a joke, then obviously you are stupid enough to miss his sig if you saw it.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:11 AM

drive out here to VA! We got plenty of rain!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by Drew96I30
drive out here to VA! We got plenty of rain!!!
Haha...I bet you do! I was so hoping we'd get some coattails of Isabel or something, but no dice. This is like 2-3 weeks we've gone without rain.

Under normal circumstances I'd love it (keeping the car clean and all), but now I want to test drive the new tires!
Old 09-20-2003, 09:07 AM

just be careful when it does rain new tires or not.. its still slippery
Old 09-20-2003, 10:14 AM

You asked meta, and i tried to help. There are a lot of reasons i could think of that might have triggered your question. Including not seeing his sig, and only looking at this post. I've never come across a problem where people couldn't read text in a sig, so how da hell would i know? and if you think that was a joke, then obviously you are stupid enough to miss his sig if you saw it.
Ok MaDdFLaSheR let me go ahead and stop you where you are. See I am a mature, grown man and I would hope you are. To start net arguing makes about as much sense as sticking your **** in an exhaust pipe. Heres whats going down in case you can't logically see your mistake.
1.) You say and I quote " you tried to help". How? Did you ask if there was a reason I did not see his sig? No you did not.
2.) "there are a lot of reason I could think of that might have triggered your question." That being the case, my problem would have come to your mind?
3.) "you never came across a problem where people couldn't read a text in a sig". Just don't get it do you? Dude, I said I could not see his sig, not that I could not read it. Reading indicates I can see it. My problem was I could not see photos in sigs or text in a sig. They were not showing up on my pc. (Even the smilies would not show up at times.)Software conflict that I now have corrected.
4.) "So how da hell would I know?" That was my point in my statement which in no way could have offened you! You would not know because you did not ask. As I said before, I was not talking to you. So you were trying to be smart or make an insult (which now is not happening because I had a real reason for my question.)
5.) And finally, "and if you think that was a joke, then obviously you are stupid enough to miss his sig if you saw it" You do it again, making a smart comment. Except this time your statement makes no sense. Go back and read your 1st post. What would you think it sounds like after reading it again? (Like someone trying to make a insult joke right?) You just contradicted everything you said. Give it up. Point is you were trying to make a insult for everyone to laugh at. But its not funny after finding out I had a problem with my pc and that was the reason for my question. (even if it does sound stupid to you.) So its not funny and now you feel insulted by me for putting you in check. Woops, thats not my fault though pal. I only replied in a manor that was not offensive or insulting. Thats called being considerate of others situation. My suggestion to you is try it or at least stop arguing to "post *****" and be more tactful.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:39 PM

do you not have anything better to do than to write a comeback for everything i said? as im reading this i realize how pathetic you are. how can you tell me to act like an adult? what i meant by 'i was trying to help you out' is that i tried to point out what his sig said. when i said there are a lot of things that can trigger your question, the most likely reason is that you are stupid and didnt bother to look at (or notice) the sig.

now calm da hell down and quit bltching. if you wanna talk **** message me at maddflasher and we'll talk, dont write bullcrap on the org... thats not wat its for. i dont even know where the moderators are looking by not shutting this **** down. quit acting stupid and grow up.

"To start net arguing makes about as much sense as sticking your **** in an exhaust pipe." who started the arguement? you idiot you talked crap to me first and continued the arguement by writing everything i said, and trying to tell me how im wrong.

like i said.. message me at maddflasher and talk there.. this is not the place

Ok MaDdFLaSheR let me go ahead and stop you where you are. See I am a mature, grown man and I would hope you are. To start net arguing makes about as much sense as sticking your **** in an exhaust pipe. Heres whats going down in case you can't logically see your mistake.
1.) You say and I quote " you tried to help". How? Did you ask if there was a reason I did not see his sig? No you did not.
2.) "there are a lot of reason I could think of that might have triggered your question." That being the case, my problem would have come to your mind?
3.) "you never came across a problem where people couldn't read a text in a sig". Just don't get it do you? Dude, I said I could not see his sig, not that I could not read it. Reading indicates I can see it. My problem was I could not see photos in sigs or text in a sig. They were not showing up on my pc. (Even the smilies would not show up at times.)Software conflict that I now have corrected.
4.) "So how da hell would I know?" That was my point in my statement which in no way could have offened you! You would not know because you did not ask. As I said before, I was not talking to you. So you were trying to be smart or make an insult (which now is not happening because I had a real reason for my question.)
5.) And finally, "and if you think that was a joke, then obviously you are stupid enough to miss his sig if you saw it" You do it again, making a smart comment. Except this time your statement makes no sense. Go back and read your 1st post. What would you think it sounds like after reading it again? (Like someone trying to make a insult joke right?) You just contradicted everything you said. Give it up. Point is you were trying to make a insult for everyone to laugh at, but there is really a reason for my question (even if it does sound stupid to you.) So its not funny and now you feel insulted by me for putting you in check. Woops, thats not my fault though pal. I only replied in a manor that was not offensive or insulting. Thats called being considerate of others situation. My suggestion to you is try it or at least stop arguing to "post *****" and be more tactful.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:21 PM

do you not have anything better to do than to write a comeback for everything i said? as im reading this i realize how pathetic you are. how can you tell me to act like an adult? what i meant by 'i was trying to help you out' is that i tried to point out what his sig said. when i said there are a lot of things that can trigger your question, the most likely reason is that you are stupid and didnt bother to look at (or notice) the sig.

now calm da hell down and quit bltching. if you wanna talk **** message me at maddflasher and we'll talk, dont write bullcrap on the org... thats not wat its for. i dont even know where the moderators are looking by not shutting this **** down. quit acting stupid and grow up.

"To start net arguing makes about as much sense as sticking your **** in an exhaust pipe." who started the arguement? you idiot you talked crap to me first and continued the arguement by writing everything i said, and trying to tell me how im wrong.

like i said.. message me at maddflasher and talk there.. this is not the place
Am I suppose to be afraid of you or something? Yes I did have better things to do, and those were not comebacks to everything you said. They were FACTS to this ongoing situation. (Seems you forgot about them.) You say the org is not the place to post ***** so to speak. Isn't that what you are doing? Since this is not the place for comments of this sort in which YOU started, take your own advice and pm me or use any email address I have listed on my profile. Now about your dumb @$$ comments, I am not the one B1tching or arguing. To argue is to make nonsense, hence my saying about net arguing.
Now as far as who started this mess, look at the first thing you wrote and try to think about it from another perception.
Posted by MaDdFLaSheR - 09-19-2003 at 09:44 PM

Anyone here, Does this remotely sound like someone "trying to point something out to another person?" NO Moroon. It sounds like someone trying to make me the butt of a joke which was not happening after I stated my problem. (consider that check mate.)
All in all you need to grow up and stop acting like a lil b1tch as you say.
As for your comment you proved my point again. The point is you don't know how to read. Did I say several times I had problems seeing pics, sigs, and texts on my pc and thats why I asked the question for Orbit to answer? Why yes yes I did say that. Thus you are the idiot whos not reading posts. Point is you tried to make me the butt of a joke with your post whoring comments and it did not fly because I checked you. Now your feeling a little clowned because you think these people here are laughing at you. Hey muffdiver, they don't give a $h1t about you or me and this situation. They are here just like everyone else, to talk about Infiniti I30's and I35's. (Hence the reason moderators have not bother to come through and shut this stupid crap down.) Your obviously not one for analyzing so I will spare you any reasons behind this.
Thus, from your explaination, I will let it be that you only sounded like an a-hole and were not intentionally being one. But in the future you should try being thorough when you post, so that way someone like myself won't have to rip you for something you may claim later you did not mean.
After this you have no reason to reply to my email to your insults here. Anything else should be sent via pm, right? right?
Who wants to wager that he won't follow his own advise? Talk to you real soon madflahser/
Old 09-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Old 09-24-2003, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
My point exactly I30tMike. My points exactly.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Got Projectors?

Guys guys guys...this is about me, remember?

Old 09-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Guys guys guys...this is about me, remember?

:attention

So what is the stock size tire, did you go up a size?
Old 09-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
:attention

So what is the stock size tire, did you go up a size?

Hehehe...nah Mike, I stuck with the stock 225/50/17 tire size. I really wanted to go with the 235/45/17, but the fact that they aren't in spec for 7" wide wheels kinda turned me off to them.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:52 PM

I had 225/50/17's on stock 2k2 rims. It worked just fine. My 2 Cents.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by Drew96I30
I had 225/50/17's on stock 2k2 rims. It worked just fine. My 2 Cents.
It should...seeing as that's the stock size..
Old 09-25-2003, 04:43 AM

It should...seeing as that's the stock size..
I am going to need some new tires soon... Let's go back to being a "happy" forum...LOL
Old 09-25-2003, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by kingpin
I am going to need some new tires soon... Let's go back to being a "happy" forum...LOL
Its still a happy forum gang. There was just a matter of a non-helpful comment that caused a commotion thats all.

And speaking of commotion, What would you guys think of someone putting the 18" wheels from a M45/Q45 on an I35? The tires would be a 235/45/18.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Got Projectors?

Its still a happy forum gang. There was just a matter of a non-helpful comment that caused a commotion thats all.

And speaking of commotion, What would you guys think of someone putting the 18" wheels from a M45/Q45 on an I35? The tires would be a 235/45/18.
It's been done before. I think ][35 might have the 18" Q45 wheels on his. I'm not sure about the tire size (speedo and odo being correct and all), but you can check it with the Tire Size Calculator and Comparator at http://www.miata.net

Go to the "Garage" section and then "Tires and Wheels"
Old 09-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Kal

It's been done before. I think ][35 might have the 18" Q45 wheels on his. I'm not sure about the tire size (speedo and odo being correct and all), but you can check it with the Tire Size Calculator and Comparator at http://www.miata.net

Go to the "Garage" section and then "Tires and Wheels"

Hey John, the 235 fit just fine. i've had mine on since May and havent had a problem. and the speedo isnt off by that much. just a tad bit. good ol tirerack for 430 shipped. service is fast 2 isnt it. i like the tires. you'll like them 2. i dont think i've spun out in the rain yet.
-Kal
Old 09-25-2003, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by kalbundy
Hey John, the 235 fit just fine. i've had mine on since May and havent had a problem. and the speedo isnt off by that much. just a tad bit. good ol tirerack for 430 shipped. service is fast 2 isnt it. i like the tires. you'll like them 2. i dont think i've spun out in the rain yet.
-Kal
Yeah, they look good...just put the right tires with the 18's...
K
Old 09-25-2003, 08:58 PM

I am really wanting some 19's. Call me crazy but I really am debating on those Lowenhart wheels. (of course I would have to save a **** load of cash.)
Old 09-26-2003, 04:04 PM

het mata,do you mean a wobble in the steering wheel as you drive?i have this and it is driving me crazy.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by suzook
het mata,do you mean a wobble in the steering wheel as you drive?i have this and it is driving me crazy.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It seems to be gone for the most part since I put the new tires on, but it's still not as smooth as it used to be. I can't figure it out
Old 09-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by kalbundy
-Kal
Yeah, you got the 235/50/17, right? I think those are in spec for a 7" wide wheel. I wanted the 45 sidewall, but those didn't meet specs.

Ah, and yeah, I LOVE Tire Rack. This is the second set of tires I've bought from them, actually the 2nd set of Kumhos too.

I'm glad to hear you still like em. I got the chance to try em out recently in heavy rain, and just like you said - it's damned near impossible to get the tires to spin when it's wet.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:02 PM

Yeah, you got the 235/50/17, right? I think those are in spec for a 7" wide wheel. I wanted the 45 sidewall, but those didn't meet specs.

Ah, and yeah, I LOVE Tire Rack. This is the second set of tires I've bought from them, actually the 2nd set of Kumhos too.

I'm glad to hear you still like em. I got the chance to try em out recently in heavy rain, and just like you said - it's damned near impossible to get the tires to spin when it's wet.
Meta, have you had your tires and wheels road tested by Tire Rack before you installed them. Heres more information about it. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/roadForce.html

Hope this helps you out a little.