Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

WOT no more smooth shifting

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 12:25 PM

WOT no more smooth shifting

Recently when i go WOT.... my car don't seem to shift smoothly....

it should be going Vrooooooooommmmmmm shift Vroooooooooommmmm
but now it seems to go
Vrooooooooommmmmmmm shift RPM drops just a little bit vroom drops to normal RPM for gear and go vrooooooooooooommmmmm

kind of hard to explain.. any have this happen?

any input would be great ... thanks in advance....
Old 12-12-2003, 11:20 AM

My car is at Infiniti for a similar problem if I translated your Vvvvvrrroooom's correctly. It only seems to be on the 1st to 2nd shift. If I bring the revs above 4000 RPMs (in first) it hesitates for maybe a half second and then sort of slams into gear (2nd). If Infiniti finds the problem I will ask them what it was.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
My car is at Infiniti for a similar problem if I translated your Vvvvvrrroooom's correctly. It only seems to be on the 1st to 2nd shift. If I bring the revs above 4000 RPMs (in first) it hesitates for maybe a half second and then sort of slams into gear (2nd). If Infiniti finds the problem I will ask them what it was.

that would be great..... it just started to do that for some reason...

yes it only happens on 1st to 2nd Gear on WOT......
Old 12-23-2003, 11:49 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back. Ive been a little busy.

Anyhoo, the dealer replaced a resistor pack in the trany controler and now the car shifts great. It was weird though, for about a day after I got the car back the trany seemed confused about when to shift. Maybe it had to re-learn my driving style.? So don't worry if this happens with you... I guess?

This was all covered by the dealer. It didn't cost me a dime
Old 12-25-2003, 01:08 AM

Anyhoo, the dealer replaced a resistor pack in the trany controler and now the car shifts great. It was weird though, for about a day after I got the car back the trany seemed confused about when to shift. Maybe it had to re-learn my driving style.? So don't worry if this happens with you... I guess?

My car is doing the same thing now.. full throttle it revs to 5500, hesitates, drops rpms slightly as if its doing a deceleration, then shifts, then revs again... i dont get it... What should I tell the dealer? When I do full acceleration it hesitates now?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2003, 08:20 AM

My car does was doing something similar to this. Its like while driving in 1st or 2nd gear I could hear a noise that sounded like sputtering. I have not heard the noise in a few months but I believe it had something to do with this new recall thats out on all Nissan\Inifiniti products with the VQ35 engine.
Check this link http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...odel_year=2002
Old 12-28-2003, 03:26 PM

Nguyendot,

Just take it to the dealer and tell them exactly what you told me. They will drive your car and try to replicate the symptoms you give them and they should know where to start looking. The work should all be covered still so you shoulden't have to pay.

You could tell them that you spoke with someone with a similar problem and it turned out to be a resistor pack in the trany controle unit.