Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

99 I30 got into a accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:07 AM
vsamoylov

99 I30 got into a accident

Well, I borrowed my moms 99 I30 to drive until my max get repainted. Well guess what happens. I go to school and park my car on a hill. In front of me was a 82 chevy pickup 1500 truck. I left a big enough gap for me when i leave so i won't have to back up tp get out. WEll I come back after scholl and see a note on my windshield, It says that he backed up and hit my hood. Well the whole hood is messed up. I get all his info cause he left his phone number on the paper and his name. What a idiot. He backed up all the way to the end of the hood. His truck is raised also. So I called his insurance company and told then that the hood and lights are gone. The lights are okay but the housing behind the lights cracked so I will have to get new lights. Thats good cause right now she has 96-97 lights and she will get 98-99 clearer lights. I have to go to a shop and get a estimate on wensday. will post back later.

Old 01-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Got Projectors?

Man, be thankful the guy was decent enough to leave his info and all. Most people would have just driven off.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:43 AM

I dont understand why you're saying the guy is an idiot. THere is a very small percentage of people who will mistakenly hit your car, and take the extra time out to write -out all their info, just so that they can admit to their mistakes. theres a bunch of cases where people will come back and their car is all banged up and there is nothing they can do becuase the ignorant idiot who hit the car left no information. also, you said your mom's car was a 99, but then you go on to say that she has the "Foggy" looking headlights...whats that all about?
Old 01-30-2004, 04:16 PM

Yeah, your lucky he left you the note Saw an example in town the other day while stopped at traffic lights. Some van startered reversing for some unkown reason and slammed into the front of a nice black R34 Skyline which had obviously had a fair bit of money spent on it. The van driver must have then got scared, cause they took off through the red light, leaving the Skyline with some nasty scratches and dents on the front. Heh, lights went green and the guy in the Skyline took off after them
Old 01-30-2004, 06:29 PM
vsamoylov

whats is up with people in huge cars doing that? He was a idiot because he backed up all the way to the end of the hood. he alsmost went up onto the windshield. he said he only noticed it cause his back was raised up higher than his front. he said he did not see the car at all.

The reason the car has foggy lights is my bro bought it from a auction for $5000 and it was in a accident. the whole left front was gone all the way to the firewall. My bro and I took the engine out, cut out the old damged part and welded a new peice in, put engine back, replaced windshiled, new hood, new lights, new bumper, new fogs and truning signal. The whole fron is what i am trying to say.

We got a donor 96 i30 from a auction that was perfect except the front bumper and all the lights in the bumper and used the hood, lights, and bumper from that car so that is why her lights are foggy. that will change soon. sorry for the long post.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
whats is up with people in huge cars doing that? He was a idiot because he backed up all the way to the end of the hood. he alsmost went up onto the windshield. he said he only noticed it cause his back was raised up higher than his front. he said he did not see the car at all.

The reason the car has foggy lights is my bro bought it from a auction for $5000 and it was in a accident. the whole left front was gone all the way to the firewall. My bro and I took the engine out, cut out the old damged part and welded a new peice in, put engine back, replaced windshiled, new hood, new lights, new bumper, new fogs and truning signal. The whole fron is what i am trying to say.

We got a donor 96 i30 from a auction that was perfect except the front bumper and all the lights in the bumper and used the hood, lights, and bumper from that car so that is why her lights are foggy. that will change soon. sorry for the long post.
sorry 2 hear about that...

if u like there is a cefiro 1 pece headlight crystal looking headlights group deal that will fit the I30 that ends Jan 31 2004

or if u dont get this post by the end of the group deal hit me up via pm ill work something out with you.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:42 PM
vsamoylov

cool man. i will get estimate wesnday

Old 02-04-2004, 06:41 PM

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out. (I bought the airbag computer from you)
Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
Well, I borrowed my moms 99 I30 to drive until my max get repainted. Well guess what happens. I go to school and park my car on a hill. In front of me was a 82 chevy pickup 1500 truck. I left a big enough gap for me when i leave so i won't have to back up tp get out. WEll I come back after scholl and see a note on my windshield, It says that he backed up and hit my hood. Well the whole hood is messed up. I get all his info cause he left his phone number on the paper and his name. What a idiot. He backed up all the way to the end of the hood. His truck is raised also. So I called his insurance company and told then that the hood and lights are gone. The lights are okay but the housing behind the lights cracked so I will have to get new lights. Thats good cause right now she has 96-97 lights and she will get 98-99 clearer lights. I have to go to a shop and get a estimate on wensday. will post back later.
The way you wrote it makes it seem like the guy is an idiot for leaving all his info. Be happy that he did cause if you were in his place you would've just drove off. Then it would be even funnier if the whole thing was cought on a security camera or something and you're *** would be in jail.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:59 AM
vsamoylov

well i got my estimat,
total came out to $1860 and $225 for renting a car for 9 days.

snce i will do it myself, i will save some money.

anybody know where i can get a hood and 98-99 lights for cheap.

also LIUSPEED do you have the one-piece headlights still cause i still need a pair for a different car? get back to me