Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

I am trying this because I have to know!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 07:07 AM

I am trying this because I have to know!

Alright everyone, I must know for myself if the Maxima corner lamps (next to the headlights) will fit my 1996 I30. I appreciate all of you responding to my original post about this and letting me know that they won't fit, and I am not arguing with any of you, but I have to know for myself.

I parked my car next to a maxima yesterday and stared at the light forever and they look like a perfect fit to me. I am going crazy!!! I MUST KNOW!

I think I am going to purchase a cheap corner light for the Maxima off line or from someone and try it. I will take pictures and post them when I am done so you all can see how they fit or don't fit for yourselves.

Has anyone else actually tried fitting the corner light from a Maxima to their 96 I30? If so what year light did you buy and did it look alright or fit or what? UGH this is eating me up! I MUST KNOW!!!!
Alright, I am done B****ing. Thanks for listening. Have a great day!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

When maxima owners use cefiro one piece headlights, which are a perfect fit for an I30, they are left with gaps around the corner lights. As in the corner light on an I30 is a bit smaller than a maxima. Fitting lights that are a little smaller is one thing, but trying to fit a corner light that will be a little too big is another.

In other words, I really don't think it's gonna work.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

On top of that, what is your reasoning for the swap?
Old 05-18-2004, 08:43 AM

MikeD, I appreciate your response. So it sounds like the maxima lights will be larger than the opening on my 96 I30? Let me ask you this, I was looking at pictures of the 95-96 Maxima corner lamps online today as well as 97 - 99 maxima corners and there is a slight difference in design it looks like. I took the picture out to my car and looked at it and then at my car. I I were going to try this, it looks like the 95-96 light would have a better chance of fitting rather than the 97-99.

Apparenty I can not let this go until I actually try it myself. LOL I wish I had a buddy in VA near Fairfax with a 96 maxima so I could just take his darn light off and try it and then when I am proven WRONG, I can say, "DAMN IT, I30TMikeD was right!" and then I can just put it back on his car. It would save me time and money. LMAO!

Thank again! lol
Old 05-18-2004, 08:48 AM

phenryiv1,

well I tried to clear my corners the other day and messed them up pretty bad. They still work and you can'te really see that they are screwed up unless your looking for it, but still, I know. So rather than pay $77.00 per light from Infiniti, I thought I would just pay $44 a pair for the Maxima corners and be done with it.

UGH, why can't they just make aftermarket or custom parts for the I30 that are not OVERSEAS!!!!

Some company out there must see the need and want for these parts by all of us. They need to start making them in the US and they would be BILLIONAIRS!!! We would all buy fom them right?

UGH!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Right after I asked that I rembered that you had broken the original ones.

For $77 each, I would get cefiros. Did you break one or both? If it is both, that I $154 for the pair, and for about $75 more you can get smoked cefiros.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:09 AM

I just broke one of them badly and chiped the other. i want Cefaros, but I have not been able to contact anyone who has a pair for me. I am hoping to hear back from someone today, but so far no luck. Do you know where I can see a picture of the smoked Cefaros? I havent seen them yet, just the one piece clear ones.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:18 AM

they definitely do NOT fit....when I bought my infiniti I still had my max (95 max, 96 I30) and I tried switching the corners because they are clear on the max but amber on the I30....would not fit AT ALL! Its not just that they are too big, they are a different shape as well...the curve of them is different....sorry! get the cefiros!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:22 AM

UGH!!!!!!!!! (pulls out gun and shoots himself) BANG!

Why can't life be easy for us I30 guys!!!

Tynant, I appreciate your response. I didn't really like what I heard, but i appreciated it. lol

Fine, i will just get the Cefiros, Anyone have any for sale?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
UGH!!!!!!!!! (pulls out gun and shoots himself) BANG!

Why can't life be easy for us I30 guys!!!

Tynant, I appreciate your response. I didn't really like what I heard, but i appreciated it. lol

Fine, i will just get the Cefiros, Anyone have any for sale?
$230 shipped in the group deal forum.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:35 AM

Sweet, I will check it out. do you know if they can deliver ASAP?

MMM yummy Cefiro headlights...
Old 05-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
phenryiv1,

well I tried to clear my corners the other day and messed them up pretty bad. They still work and you can'te really see that they are screwed up unless your looking for it, but still, I know. So rather than pay $77.00 per light from Infiniti, I thought I would just pay $44 a pair for the Maxima corners and be done with it.

UGH, why can't they just make aftermarket or custom parts for the I30 that are not OVERSEAS!!!!

Some company out there must see the need and want for these parts by all of us. They need to start making them in the US and they would be BILLIONAIRS!!! We would all buy fom them right?

UGH!
There is actually no market for I30 parts. Over the past year different people have tried to come out with products for us, but there is just not enough people willing to spend the money. Sure, people want the parts, but few are willing to pay for them.

We have maybe 20 guys here that spend decents amounts of money on thier I30/35's. All have different models, different years, different wants/needs....Not exactly a good market.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:28 AM

OK I have been defeated.