Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

My euro-maxima (=Infiniti I30?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:03 AM

My euro-maxima (=Infiniti I30?)

I have the eurospec nissan maxima 99 and i am looking some mods for it.
I havent found a single one here in Fin, EU but the lowering springs which are already installed.
Does any of you know does the I30 parts fit my maxima?
heres a few pics (someone said that the eurospec maxima is almost identical to I30 but dunno)

Old 05-21-2004, 08:39 AM

Same as mine Euro-max 1995 (Norway), except mine is a 2.0 V6...
Hard to find stuff for it in Europe, but the car is identical to the I30 96-99 except for some cosmetic stuff on the front bumper. The Euro-max has the same front bumper as early (94-96 I think) Japanese Cefiro's, but the corner light is missing (where the black lid is). Only thing I haven't found out yet is I don't know if ours are made to California or federal Emission standards...(different front exhaust systems)

Your car looks nice! (I would have removed the orange cups in your turn-signals though...) What tire / rim combination do you have?
Old 05-21-2004, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 20V6
Same as mine Euro-max 1995 (Norway), except mine is a 2.0 V6...
Hard to find stuff for it in Europe, but the car is identical to the I30 96-99 except for some cosmetic stuff on the front bumper. The Euro-max has the same front bumper as early (94-96 I think) Japanese Cefiro's, but the corner light is missing (where the black lid is). Only thing I haven't found out yet is I don't know if ours are made to California or federal Emission standards...(different front exhaust systems)

Your car looks nice! (I would have removed the orange cups in your turn-signals though...) What tire / rim combination do you have?
Thanks man
Do you mean my front corner turn signals? In the front end?
I would really like to change them to clear ones so It would match the rest of the lights, but I dunno how to do it
Rims are Team Dynamics Motorsport and tires are Falken's.
Do you have any pics of your maxima?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:09 AM

Yup open them up and get rid of that orange lens in there. Then you put in a chrome -plated amber bulb and it looks awesome! Check here for instructions: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=204083
I put the lights in the oven at 80C for about 10 mins. and then really carefully pried off the outer plastic lens. Did the same with my taillights... I have the older ones where the turn-signal is amber not like your clear ones, but after removing the amber lens they almost look like yours!
Pics will come... in a while! Need to get my new wheels first... Allessio Vittori 7,5X17 with Nokian (Finnish!!!) NRZi 235/45-17
Do you have Eibach springs on there?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:12 AM

There may be a how-2 on clearing the turn signals in the "How-to" section on this forum.

I did mine, but I have an A33 so the headlights are different. I imagine the process is similar. I put my lights in an oven at 250 for ten min to melt the sealent. Then I just pulled them apart and removed the orange lens.

Look in the I30 and 4th gen. max how-tos.

Oh you should also get some smoked side markers too. I put them on my SAAB and they looked sweet.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:22 AM

Found a couple of good links here on that subject...
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=34

http://www.brianv.net/mods/taillights/
Old 05-22-2004, 12:15 AM

Thanks alot but it sounds a bit difficult
I really would like to get rid of all amber lights off my car (corner and side turn signals) but it just seems tricky.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:49 AM

And yes I got eibach pro-kit
Old 05-22-2004, 03:03 AM

Nice car Australasia Maxima's have the same design as your Euro Maxima, and there are a few shops here that do sell cosmetic mods to fit. Apart from the outside cosmetics (and the interior dash), they are exactly the same as the US I30, so anything mechanical made for the I30, will fit in your Maxima
Old 05-22-2004, 04:14 AM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Man, I wish I could get those front bumpers here. I like the layout of the lights more than the US ones.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by max5spd
Man, I wish I could get those front bumpers here. I like the layout of the lights more than the US ones.
If you are serious.. I can get those in..

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

PS. I have my Cefiro Front bumper for sale
Old 05-23-2004, 03:15 PM

I like the layout of the lights more than the US ones.
I'll co-sign you on that.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Simon, the bumper in your pic is different because you have the turning lights and fog lights together. The non-US ones have the fog light in the center and the turning light around the corner on the side with a vent between them.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:22 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

I like the euro bumpser better up front. Rear I am indifferent.

I like a lot of the different grille designs from around the world, but really I just wish that the USDM was nto chromed. I woudl like to take one and dechrome it and paint it body color, but I just know that it would flake off like noones business.

I have clear sidelights on my car. You woudl really clean up the lines down the sides if you had them.

Also, get you some 1-piece Cefiro headlights, my friend!

Lastly, look into a USDM I30 rear spoiler or an M3-style trunk lip.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:46 AM

Hey cool, another european maxima! They should have a forum for us guys... Maybe I'll make one myself, but It would be cool if there was a separate section for us european guys on Maxima.org

You have the Eibach pro kit you say, do you have them on the stock shocks? Or did you also go with Koni Yellow or Tokico shocks?

What size are those rimms? And what size are the tires?

Now to answer some of your questions...

The bodywork is the same as the infinti I30, with another grill and bumpers, the interior is the same as the 4th gen US spec maxima with the difference that we lucky motherfokkers have digital climat controll and another console in witch our radio takes it's place. Mine has 2 DIN spares, in 1 there is the headunit and in the other a sort of storage compartment for small crap, at least I have those diferences and all the people I know with a E-spec maxima. Also we have a speedo that goes up to 260 kp/h.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by v6maximus
Hey cool, another european maxima!
Now we're at least 3.... Do you have a 2.0 or 3.0?

Originally Posted by v6maximus
Also we have a speedo that goes up to 260 kp/h.
That's true, the US one goes to 225 km/h (140 mph), but it doesn't make our cars faster though...

Where in Holland are you from?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
I like a lot of the different grille designs from around the world, but really I just wish that the USDM was nto chromed. I woudl like to take one and dechrome it and paint it body color, but I just know that it would flake off like noones business.
What colour is your I30? If it's the same colour as a Maxima here, it could be possible to pick one up from the wreckers here, as some were sold with body coloured grilles
Old 05-24-2004, 06:23 PM

Now we're at least 3.... Do you have a 2.0 or 3.0?
I have a 3.0i-24v engine with MEVI intake and 5 speed manual

That's true, the US one goes to 225 km/h (140 mph), but it doesn't make our cars faster though...
Nope, for that we have the MEVI, I often drive at speeds up to 235, I yet don't have my Koni suspension and Intrax / Eibach springs so I'm not planning to push it over 235, the car can still accelerate further but first I want to have my suspension upgraded and bigger rimms that allow better tires. When that is done I'll go and find out what my max is capable of at WOT in 5th

Where in Holland are you from?
I'm from Limburg, the south of the Netherlands.

GreetZ, Mitch
Old 05-24-2004, 11:53 PM

phenryiv1
I Would get clear side turn signals if I knew where to get them fo sure.
1 piece cefiro lights would be awesome too but too bad they dont sell em here.
and what goes for a spoiler no thanks, but the e46 m3 lip would be cool heh

v6maximus

I have the stock shocks
Rims are 17"/7,5" and tires are 225/50
It's still high and would like to lower it more and get shocks and maybe 18's but no money lol and havent found any other lowering springs than eibach which is pathetic 30mm.

Thank you all for the answers
Old 05-25-2004, 03:01 AM

Hey man, could I have your lowering springs and rimms if you upgraded to others? I can tell you that the Intrax springs for the maxima lower your car 40-45mm. But I think it's just right the way you have it, you have an equal distance between tire and wheelwell all round, and that is what I find good looking myself. I don't like it when you have allmost no distance between the most upper part of the tire and wheelwell, and a bigger gap on the sides.

However, to everybody it's own and iff your willing to part with your lowering springs and / or rimms, please let me know!
Old 05-26-2004, 04:44 AM

Well I would like it to sit lower but im so broke *** its my first car cant spend all my money on it
Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Matt_NZ
What colour is your I30? If it's the same colour as a Maxima here, it could be possible to pick one up from the wreckers here, as some were sold with body coloured grilles
Mine is pearl white (cannot remember the paint code).
Old 05-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by euromax
phenryiv1
eBay has clear side markers. Check my homepage for pics. Mine look just like yours, but they are clear. I have amber bulbs inside them, but you cannot tell.

You can definately get cefiros. Ask around on here and you can get them with the proper drive. Are you a RHD or LHD country? I know that the cefiros can be had for either way, you just have to know what to ask for.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:03 AM

eBay has clear side markers. Check my homepage for pics. Mine look just like yours, but they are clear. I have amber bulbs inside them, but you cannot tell.

You can definately get cefiros. Ask around on here and you can get them with the proper drive. Are you a RHD or LHD country? I know that the cefiros can be had for either way, you just have to know what to ask for.
its the same as in usa
lhd
Old 05-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

its the same as in usa
lhd
Then you can order them from the same places that we do. Saed is somethere in the middle east, and he ships to the US, so I am sure that he woudl ship to Europe.

Do your maximas run 9004 (USDM spec) bulbs, or H4 (JDM)?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:45 AM

Then you can order them from the same places that we do. Saed is somethere in the middle east, and he ships to the US, so I am sure that he woudl ship to Europe.

Do your maximas run 9004 (USDM spec) bulbs, or H4 (JDM)?
H4 (9003)......
Old 05-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

H4 (9003)......
If that is the case, then it is easier for you guys than for USDM owners- we have to modify the stock wiring harnesses to run the H4 bulbs that the cefiro headlights use.

Dumb question- is a 9003 the same as an H4? Same connection AND mounting mechanism?
Old 05-26-2004, 07:37 AM

Yes, should be... I think they're called HB2 also sometimes... On www.suvlights.com there's some good pictures/drawings of them...
Old 05-27-2004, 02:13 AM

Mine is pearl white (cannot remember the paint code).
Hmm, doesn't look like the white Maxima's or Cefiro's here came with body coloured grilles, only the darker coloured ones did. Seems most of the white ones have a grille like this:
Old 05-27-2004, 02:20 AM

Now that is one hot grill!!! Would it be possible to get one over here to the netherlands? I'd still have to paint it in my bodycolour since I'v got a dark coloured car, but it would be perfect for making a mesh grill
Old 05-27-2004, 02:29 AM

More then likely, some unlucky person owning a Cefiro is bound to have been involved in a rear ender. One persons mis-fortune is anothers gain as the saying goes, lol.

I'll call up some places around here and see what I can find I'm not sure, but it may already be a mesh grille if I can remember correctly.

Edit: Here's what it looks like on a darker car, grille is a little more visable too:
Old 05-27-2004, 06:18 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Hmm, doesn't look like the white Maxima's or Cefiro's here came with body coloured grilles, only the darker coloured ones did. Seems most of the white ones have a grille like this:
That was what I meant- white rim with a (black/grey/chrome) center. I like those a LOT. I woudl prefer that they not have an area for the "Nissan" hamburger, but I don't really have a choice.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:27 AM

More then likely, some unlucky person owning a Cefiro is bound to have been involved in a rear ender. One persons mis-fortune is anothers gain as the saying goes, lol.

I'll call up some places around here and see what I can find I'm not sure, but it may already be a mesh grille if I can remember correctly.
Damn that's awesome! Sorry for the dude but it could be my luck

Thanx for the help! If I can do something in return you can ask, maybe you'd be interested in my E-spec grill?
Old 05-27-2004, 07:05 AM

lolo i want one too
Old 05-27-2004, 12:41 PM

Ok, I'll try hunt down three so far. Cefiros don't usually have a Nissan badge on the grille, they've usually got their own Cefiro badge. I'll see what I can find
Old 05-27-2004, 05:21 PM

Simon, the bumper in your pic is different because you have the turning lights and fog lights together. The non-US ones have the fog light in the center and the turning light around the corner on the side with a vent between them.
I know.. but what I meant.. is that I can get that exact same bumper for the Euro-Max/I30 But then you will also need to get the side turning side and foglights.

Plus if you get this bumper.. then you can definitely add the Cefiro front Spoiler

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-27-2004, 05:36 PM

phenryiv1

v6maximus

Thank you all for the answers
See my post here for photos of Clearn Corner lights (one's next to the headlights)

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....05#post2982505

email me if you'd like to order them
I will have to get quotes for shipping to Finland

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-31-2004, 11:21 AM

Matt, I just was looking at the picture again (cant wait to have such a grill ) but I'v noticed something...\ that front bumper, what kind of bumper is that? It doesn't look like the I30 bumper but it doesn't look like my E-spec front bumper as well, so what is it? Look closely at the fog lights and the side markers, they look kind of different to all the stock bumpers I'v seen so far.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:04 PM

After about 97, the Cefiro's had a "facelift" with a new bumper design, the Maxima's did not though
Old 05-31-2004, 01:15 PM

How much are you guys prepared to pay for a grille? I've been given a quote of NZ$250, but that seems a little high to me so I'm gonna try other places

Quick Reply: My euro-maxima (=Infiniti I30?)