Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

name that pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:54 AM

name that pipe

does anyone have a pic of the under carriage of A32? Hayes manuel cuts off right in the center... where does the B pipe start from? does it start after the cat? does it have a canister attach or is it a straight pipe? any help is appreciated.

thanks,
pd
Old 06-08-2004, 08:06 AM

Yes, I believe that the B-pipe bolts up after the cat... Well there is probably a gasket between them

Sorry I dont have a pic. I dont have an A32.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:32 AM

Do you know if there's a canister attached to the front of the pipe? between the Cat and B pipe or is it just a straight pipe/tube?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:30 AM

A resonator?... Im not sure. I would look for you, but like I said, I dont have an A32.

You could search for an A32 exhaust diagram. If I find something I will try and post it.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:41 AM

don't have privilege to search... but would greatly appreciate it if you could post or send me a pic.

thanks.
pd

edit: does anyone know if the aftermarket B-pipe is just the pipe? or does it have the "resonator" as well?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by PhillyDonut
don't have privilege to search... but would greatly appreciate it if you could post or send me a pic.

thanks.
pd

edit: does anyone know if the aftermarket B-pipe is just the pipe? or does it have the "resonator" as well?
The B pipe is actually two pipes. The first is a very small pipe that has an oxygen sensor in it. Then come the actual b pipe, which has the resonator (the can). After that of course is the muffler. You can remove the b pipe from the cat with the smaller pipe attached! I was just an idiot when I removed mine! But any ways, Cattman makes a VERY good B pipe. It comes with a large high quality resonator and has smooth (no crimps) 2 inch piping the whole way. Plus, it is stainless steel!! The resonator Also has a hole for the oxygen sensor. This is a direct fit!!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by i30ds
The B pipe is actually two pipes. The first is a very small pipe that has an oxygen sensor in it. Then come the actual b pipe, which has the resonator (the can). After that of course is the muffler. You can remove the b pipe from the cat with the smaller pipe attached! I was just an idiot when I removed mine! But any ways, Cattman makes a VERY good B pipe. It comes with a large high quality resonator and has smooth (no crimps) 2 inch piping the whole way. Plus, it is stainless steel!! The resonator Also has a hole for the oxygen sensor. This is a direct fit!!

Thanks, that was helpful. A few more questions.
How much bigger or smaller is the resonator on the Cattman B pipe compared to stock (i'm hoping it is smaller b/c mines scrapes with my drop)? Do you know if there are straight B-pipes without the resonator (straight pipe)? How much does it cost compare to a cat-back exhaust? Did you consider a cat-back exhaust before going with just the B-pipe? I'm actually considering just the B-pipe for the non-noticeable look.

Thanks,
pd
Old 06-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by PhillyDonut
Thanks, that was helpful. A few more questions.
How much bigger or smaller is the resonator on the Cattman B pipe compared to stock (i'm hoping it is smaller b/c mines scrapes with my drop)? Do you know if there are straight B-pipes without the resonator (straight pipe)? How much does it cost compare to a cat-back exhaust? Did you consider a cat-back exhaust before going with just the B-pipe? I'm actually considering just the B-pipe for the non-noticeable look.

Thanks,
pd
Well actually, the cattman resonator is larger and higer quality, but it DOESNT hang down as low as the stock one. I had the same problem bottoming out my stock resonator on the speed bumps outside my apartment complex! After I put in the after market resonator, it never happened again!

Stillen actually makes a b pipe that is straight through, but I dont know if you want to go that route, especially if you dont want to be noticed! Removing that resonator will make your exhaust loud as hell, and it will gain you little hp!

I think cattmans b pipe is $300. If you add their high performance muffler for $350, you will then have the cat-back system! I purchased the cat-back system, but the muffler was a little too loud at the lower RPM range, and so I kept the b pipe, and put the stock muffler back on. The muffler that cattman sells is just a striaght through glass pack which has no baffles to quiet the exhaust down. My advice would be to buy their b pipe, but keep the stock muffler, that way you still have that non-noticeable look! Plus, if you want to get an after market muffler later on, you can go to a muffler shop get one that is more free flowing, but retains a quality sound that is pleasing to your tastes!