Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

"auto light" and high beams

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:55 PM

"auto light" and high beams

i have 2 problems

first my high beams are always on....no matter in what possiting the switch is: high-beam/low-beam/flashing
>>>i drove with highbeams for about 4 months not replacing my burned out low beam bulbs....now that i did it dosnt want to go to low beams

my second problem is that when i turn on the rotating switch to "auto" lights before it would turn on headlights now it just turns on parking lights...i have to use the switch and turn it to headlights for them to turn on....and they turn on to highbeams only

anyone had this or know how to solve this....

....i tried checking relays under hood-they work...there is 2 on the passanger side...and checked fuses on the driver side under hood-they are ok
Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 AM
Donating i30 Owner

the auto doesnt work cause the lowbeam doesnt work.. the low beam is what is turned on by the auto thing... the highbeam i dont know take it to a good electrical shop.. i cant think of anything mabey soemone will have see the prob.. there was a time when i took ou tmy radio that when i pressed the brakes.. ALLL the lights in the car tunerned on... = \ hehehe.. so i don tknwo... i fixed it by reconnecting hte radio .. but.. me lucky...
Old 03-05-2005, 09:38 AM

auto light worked fine turning on lights...either it was low or high beams....its still works but now it only turns on parking lights....
Old 03-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Sure you didnt burn out your harnesses and not your bulbs? I mean how often do both bulbs for lowbeam burn out, unless they were aftermarket and higher wattage than rated?
Old 03-11-2005, 09:19 AM

my bulbs work fine....the reason why i was driving on highbeams is that it was easier to reaim them then go to store and get bulbs and replace them....i had tools and it was night.... after driving for a while with highbeams i got new bulbs and replaced them....

well now "fully functional" bulbs are in but.....my "high beam" selection is stuck... its not the switch cause it moves back and forth .....well at least i think its not the switch...

i think that one of the relays is burned out but i checked them and they are fine....
Old 03-11-2005, 09:30 AM

OK bare with me on this guys, but is it possible that you put in really bright bulbs and you just think they are your high beams?????? I am just shooting in the dark on this one guys.....

Maybe try this: put your old bulbs back in and see if you still have the same problem??????
Old 03-13-2005, 02:26 PM

the easiest way to know if your HIGH BEAMS are on is to check "high beams" signal light--- i have this dash light its blue in color and its "ON" it located between turning signal arrows that are green in color....

DR.monkey....i hope u were joking about changing light bulbs...

forget all the problems that i listed here is my problem......
#1 when "auto lights" turn on---they do not turn on my headlights anymore....but used to....they turn on only parking lights.
#2 my headlights are stuck in "high beam" even though the switch moves into all positions: high beam, low beam, flash
Old 03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Donating i30 Owner

ur light controller must have busted a resistor or something..
.... electricals are sensitve... in cars.. they work on resistance... so if something isnt putting out resistance.. or is putting out where it shouldnt it cuases probs..

ie.. my internal guages and all lighting up when i left automatic heater controls unplugged for week.. take it to the STEALER.. or a good electrician.. and have problem checks...
Old 03-14-2005, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
OK bare with me on this guys, but is it possible that you put in really bright bulbs and you just think they are your high beams?????? I am just shooting in the dark on this one guys.....

Maybe try this: put your old bulbs back in and see if you still have the same problem??????

the problem was that my low beam was burned out....if i reinstall my original bulbs...NOT ONLY YOU WOULD BE SHOOTING----BUT ALSO ME DRIVING IN THE DARK
Old 03-14-2005, 03:00 PM

I had a high beam indicator on all the time as well. It was the bulbs. The wattage was too high. Put lower wattage bulbs back and the problem was solved