Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Just picked up an I35 to replace my I30

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just picked up an I35 to replace my I30

I finally found a black/black/nav I35, a 2003. I looked for a couple months for this combination and finally found it.

I am curious how people found the clear front bumper lenses--I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere?

I paid 20k for the car with 50k miles. I know I paid a lot but black on black is hard to find.

Already have an intake and exhaust on order for it--I love the car so far.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:27 PM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by willy431
I finally found a black/black/nav I35, a 2003. I looked for a couple months for this combination and finally found it.

I am curious how people found the clear front bumper lenses--I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere?

I paid 20k for the car with 50k miles. I know I paid a lot but black on black is hard to find.

Already have an intake and exhaust on order for it--I love the car so far.
Welcome to the the I35 world will431. You and meta make me sick with the black/black combo I35. I was looking for one when I first bought my car and there was no such model around. I settled for an 04 diamond graphite with navi because i couldn't find used ones with navi at the time.

oh and check out the sticky faqs to find out where to buy the clear lenses.

lee
Old 06-05-2005, 09:28 PM

have you looked on paradox's website? They have them for a fact
Old 06-06-2005, 08:09 AM

paradox is the place to go.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:21 AM
SlyIThirtyFive

Originally Posted by leeI35
Welcome to the the I35 world will431. You and meta make me sick with the black/black combo I35. I was looking for one when I first bought my car and there was no such model around. I settled for an 04 diamond graphite with navi because i couldn't find used ones with navi at the time.

oh and check out the sticky faqs to find out where to buy the clear lenses.

lee

I know, I'm jealous too.

I've got the next best thing though, brilliant silver on black. I rarely see silver ones and In the past year since I've had the car I've never seen a silver on black one.

The blue ones look bada$$ too though.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Blue was my second choice--and I never saw one for sale for less than 25k! I saw a couple silver with black which I had just about decided to buy, when I found the black/black a couple hours away. Navigation was almost impossible to find--I got lucky---but I certainly paid a premium for it since the dealer knew what he had.

Thanks for the tip on paradox!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by SlyIThirtyFive
I know, I'm jealous too.

I've got the next best thing though, brilliant silver on black. I rarely see silver ones and In the past year since I've had the car I've never seen a silver on black one.

The blue ones look bada$$ too though.
Another Knoxville I35 on here eh...hmmmmm....

BTW Lee - I have Black/Willow, not black/black. I preferred (and ordered ) the lighter colored interior for heat purposes.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:06 AM
SlyIThirtyFive

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit

BTW Lee - I have Black/Willow, not black/black. I preferred (and ordered ) the lighter colored interior for heat purposes.

Um yeah, I can't leave my car for 5 mins without the interior scorching. Black interior is hot, and it's hot as hell here now, which you know. The A/C does kick *** though. Plus the sunshade helps. But yeah I think now is the time to get some tint.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

lol, That still will not help my fustration (I think i am more concerned about the exterior color than interior color scheme). I always had black cars, until my g20t, I got sick of the silver so I bought the g35 in black/black when I sold the G20. I searched and searched for a black I35 and the one black/black or black/ any combo I35 I found was sold two days before I picked up mine. Let me rephrase that, I mean black with Navi, and since i bought late/mid 04 I couldn't order any.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:52 AM

leeI35, at least diamond graphite is a beautiful color.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:59 AM

Could that be 3 from Knoxville....?

black on black.... the black interior does get a bit warm in the summer
Old 06-09-2005, 06:58 AM

Yeah...leather is great, except in the dead of winter if you do not have heaters, and the end of August when the heat index exceeds your top speed.

I know it may sound blasphemous, but I have cloth covers on my front seats. It may not look as cool as leather, but it is a hell of a lot cooler to sit upon.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:08 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by dr-rjp
Yeah...leather is great, except in the dead of winter if you do not have heaters, and the end of August when the heat index exceeds your top speed.

I know it may sound blasphemous, but I have cloth covers on my front seats. It may not look as cool as leather, but it is a hell of a lot cooler to sit upon.

Are you serious? Do you have leather interior? I would definitely hate to cover my leather seats up esp. since the I35's have the (sp?) sourjner leather, really soft on the booty. Do you have tinted windows? I will probably be moving down to Orlando, FL in the coming months, and I don't care what temps you guys have down there, I can't see covering my seats. Looks like i am going to invest in remote start to have the car A/C run when started.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 PM

Holy cow, thats the exact same cover i have in my i30. i just got it to protect the seats though, much prefer to sit on leather
Old 06-11-2005, 09:17 PM

no way. my seats stay covered, don't want nobody putting their dirty a$$es on my beautiful leather.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:27 AM

Are you serious? Do you have leather interior? I would definitely hate to cover my leather seats up esp. since the I35's have the (sp?) sourjner leather, really soft on the booty. Do you have tinted windows? I will probably be moving down to Orlando, FL in the coming months, and I don't care what temps you guys have down there, I can't see covering my seats. Looks like i am going to invest in remote start to have the car A/C run when started.
Remote start is a DEFINATE PLUS in the southern states. Down here in San Antonio, in-car temps car reach 120-130 degrees(even with the tint) and can be a b*tch to warm up. I'm so glad I invested in a remote start. I still have a physical lock on the car so that no one jumps in while the car is cooling down, but it is so worth it.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:09 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow
no way. my seats stay covered, don't want nobody putting their dirty a$$es on my beautiful leather.
Do you have willow or black leather? I know my father's lexus cream interior sucks with jeans (stains the seat with dye) but, I have black leather and I really can't see anything (dirt). I clean my leather once a month anyway with a mild soap and terry cloth + Lexus leather conditioner to keep the infiniti stitching bright white, and leather soft. Same with the floor mats, I am picky with my infiniti logos staying bright white. I wear slacks and khakis 89% of the week and on weekends is when i get to wear my jeans, so I have no problems as of yet and I am greedy when it comes to passengers, No taxi cab here unless it's my gf.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:12 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by Mr. Ryte
Remote start is a DEFINATE PLUS in the southern states. Down here in San Antonio, in-car temps car reach 120-130 degrees(even with the tint) and can be a b*tch to warm up. I'm so glad I invested in a remote start. I still have a physical lock on the car so that no one jumps in while the car is cooling down, but it is so worth it.
I looked into remote start this weekend, and I am definitely getting that installed before heading down to florida. I am flying down this weekend coming up, and I will see how bad the weather really is. My gf uncle drives a black/grey toyota sequioa and he is going to let me borrow it while I am down there. I will be able to see first hand how dark cars w/dark interiors handle the florida sun.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:02 AM

Do you have willow or black leather? I know my father's lexus cream interior sucks with jeans (stains the seat with dye) but, I have black leather and I really can't see anything (dirt). I clean my leather once a month anyway with a mild soap and terry cloth + Lexus leather conditioner to keep the infiniti stitching bright white, and leather soft. Same with the floor mats, I am picky with my infiniti logos staying bright white. I wear slacks and khakis 89% of the week and on weekends is when i get to wear my jeans, so I have no problems as of yet and I am greedy when it comes to passengers, No taxi cab here unless it's my gf.
i have the willow interior, and i wear black jeans, so seat covers is a must. i learned that from my last car, same color interior, lot of hard work to clean the drivers seat.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:05 AM

I looked into remote start this weekend, and I am definitely getting that installed before heading down to florida. I am flying down this weekend coming up, and I will see how bad the weather really is. My gf uncle drives a black/grey toyota sequioa and he is going to let me borrow it while I am down there. I will be able to see first hand how dark cars w/dark interiors handle the florida sun.
you need it. here in tampa the heat is hitting upper 90's and that's with rain showers everyday, this just adds to the humidity making things even more unbearable.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:22 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow
you need it. here in tampa the heat is hitting upper 90's and that's with rain showers everyday, this just adds to the humidity making things even more unbearable.
How do you keep your car clean? How far is orlando from Tampa? Maybe when I finally convert over to being a floridian I could come check you out. We practically have the same cars.

OT: I am trying to go to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay this weekend maybe friday or saturday, is that really far from Orlando?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:32 AM

the inerior, i use lexol for the leather and regular ole armor all for the the dash etc. outside i was with dish detergent seriously.
orlando, with current Interstate construction going on, is about 45min- 1hr drive. don't take the exit that say Busch Gardens/hillsborough, it is a ****ing rollercoaster by itself. take I-4 to the I-4/I-275 interchange (downtown Tampa), take I-275 north to the Busch Blvd exit, then head east on Busch Blvd and you will run smack into Busch gardens.
enjoy the rides especially Sheikra, i hear it will make you lose your lunch and your religion.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:09 PM

hey, leeI35, what do you use to clean your mats? i noticed mine has started to fade and it bugs the heck out of me.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:56 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

My product list: Call me crazy hehe

Exterior: zaino polish, or blackfire (even wheels) Microfiber towels.
Interior Leather: Lexus leather conditioner. (mild soap)
Interior Mats: Bissell Carpet Cleaner + Resolve + Soft Terry Cloth + deoderizer
Interior Seats Infiniti Logo: Mild Soap
Interior Mats Infinti Logo: Mild soap + Shout w/Oxy Clean.

Somedays when I know I have time, I actually use a carpet cleaning machine on my mats.