Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

!!!!!!!! $20 Money Order For Assistance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005 | 06:20 PM

!!!!!!!! $20 Money Order For Assistance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently acquired a black auto-dimming mirror out of a 1997 Infiniti I30. But what I need help with is the wiring. I went to my local mechanic and he quoted me at $65 and then a guy down the street from me told me that he'd do it for $50. Now I don't want to spend a ton on this, so this is why I call on your assistance.

Basically, I have the 4 wires (black, green w/blue stripe, red w/blue stripe, red w/yellow stripe) that lead from the mirror, into the harness, and after the harness I have about 6 inches of each wire and nothing more. I have the mirror physically installed, and have lead the wires through the headlining to the a-pillar, then I don't have any more wire and don't know what to do. I figured that the black/redw/yellow are the powe but don't know what the other red and green are? I have no clue how to wire this thing up and I really would like to get it done. So I don't know what sort of connections I can make.

I literally spent about 1 hour looking all over the org and on Google/AV, and I came up with nothing.

Since you guys have been around longer than I you may recall something like this. It could be as simple as bringing up something off your favorites.

Anyone that can construct a detailed (front to back) description, preferably with pictures or diagrams get's a $20 Money Order to your doorstep.

P.S.
It's nothing aftermarket, just the OEM mirror, and it has no temp/compass, just the dimming settings. And since many of you probably have the mirror, a simple inspect and photograph that could help me out would suffice.
Thanks,
Doug
Old 09-25-2005 | 12:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Read this... Thread from .org

And look at this... Diagram (Sort of)
Old 09-25-2005 | 07:41 AM

I will help you with this install and you dont need to pay me. Email me and lets chat.

I have installed a few of these mirrors myself with compass and with compass and temp guage and they are very simple to hook up. I also have a connection that sells these that can help us if for some reason we dont get it working, but that wont happen.

Doug, I will look in my garage today and try and find the instructions that came with the new Gentex auto dim, digital compas,/temp/LED map lights mirror I just bought/installed in my wifes SUV. That should help you. If you just have the auto dim and nothing else, you should only need two of the wires for this to work.

You need to find a power source that comes on when you turn the key half way and connect the power to that, then you just ground the other wire and you should be set. I believe I taped into the 12volt cig lighter for my power, since I believe that only comes on when you turn the key half way and of course when the car is on.

This mod is very simple, don't sweat this. We will get it done.
I think you will be amaized at how simple this is going to be once we are done.
Old 09-26-2005 | 06:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi, Can the admin please allow me to post new thread? I'm thinking of buying i30 so i like to get some info on that. Everytime i try to post a new Thread, i get a error msg
Thanks,
Manbir
Old 09-27-2005 | 07:30 AM

So, I am guessing that you were able to get this installed then???