Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

BBS Centercaps predicament

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
SimStones

WTB BBS centercaps

So, either my centercaps weren't tight(prolly) or somebody is stealin em from my car, because I started out in Nov with 4, and now I'm down to 1. anybody know where I can find some BBS centercaps, I've checked ebay there is usually only 1 or 2 there at a time, and my local junk yards, to no avail. I know they are the same size as the centercaps used for all other BBS 15" rims(lincoln, caddy, beamer) but I dont know how I would go about remove the emblem from them and replacing it the the infiniti symbol or even leaving it blank. Thought? Suggestions? Sarcastic comments?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by guysohigh
So, either my centercaps weren't tight(prolly) or somebody is stealin em from my car, because I started out in Nov with 4, and now I'm down to 1. anybody know where I can find some BBS centercaps, I've checked ebay there is usually only 1 or 2 there at a time, and my local junk yards, to no avail. I know they are the same size as the centercaps used for all other BBS 15" rims(lincoln, caddy, beamer) but I dont know how I would go about remove the emblem from them and replacing it the the infiniti symbol or even leaving it blank. Thought? Suggestions? Sarcastic comments?
Once the BBS caps are tight you need to make sure they get latched. When turning them, almost tight, you will hear a click, that is when they are on. If you just tighten w/o doing that, they will spin off. Nissan/Infiniti dealers sell them brand new, and fleabay does have replacement stick on BBS caps with BBS on them for junk yard lincoln BBS caps. They are hard to find with infiniti logo. Hope this helps so they don't fall off again.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Tim96I30t
Once the BBS caps are tight you need to make sure they get latched. When turning them, almost tight, you will hear a click, that is when they are on. If you just tighten w/o doing that, they will spin off. Nissan/Infiniti dealers sell them brand new, and fleabay does have replacement stick on BBS caps with BBS on them for junk yard lincoln BBS caps. They are hard to find with infiniti logo. Hope this helps so they don't fall off again.
Take a look at the BMW and Lincoln center caps, they are not the same. Look at the outer ring of pentagon shaped things. The BMW and Lincoln ones have larger ones than the Infiniti ones. I was in the same predicament as you a while back. The only way I got new ones was to pay a bunch of money and bought 2 used from a fellow .orger. I do know that the Mazda RX-7 and Miata MX-5 from like 92-93 are the same and you could search for those as well. Good luck finding new ones.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:32 PM

BMW is different some 15" camry,lincoln BBS fit

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
Take a look at the BMW and Lincoln center caps, they are not the same. Look at the outer ring of pentagon shaped things. The BMW and Lincoln ones have larger ones than the Infiniti ones. I was in the same predicament as you a while back. The only way I got new ones was to pay a bunch of money and bought 2 used from a fellow .orger. I do know that the Mazda RX-7 and Miata MX-5 from like 92-93 are the same and you could search for those as well. Good luck finding new ones.
BMW BBS rims are mostly 16" as are some lincoln BBS wheels. Toyota. Mazda as you said, Lincoln, all used the same model # 15" BBSwheels with different colors and caps. Some are bronze/gold and silver like ours and bronze/gold with silver.