Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Who else is a fan of the Australian ST-R lip kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
大陆弟弟

Who else is a fan of the Australian ST-R lip kit?

Ever since I came to this site, I've always like the way leei35, metaorbit, and kingofsorrow's cars looked. While getting the lip kit from Australia is no problem, and can be done, I think if a sponsor....cough Paradox can make a replica for like $200 for the front or something and same $ for the back, it'll sell really well! Anyone else agree?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Got Projectors?

Re: Who else is a fan of the Australian ST-R lip kit?

I think it sucks.

Eh, that'll never happen, especially considering how Harry's already spent the time and money to copy a kit for the A33 that [seemingly] no one has bought.

Just cough up the money and have it shipped from down under or buy the kit Harry's got now. I seriously doubt there's enough interest/potential sales to warrant what you suggest. Not that it's a bad idea...it's just probably not a good business idea.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Eh, that'll never happen, especially considering how Harry's already spent the time and money to copy a kit for the A33 that [seemingly] no one has bought.
hang on, the Paradox kit is a replica of the Signature kit? (or whatever the VIP style one is in Japan which costs $2000)
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would love to go spend tons of money on my car, but I'm broke. I'm trying to pay this thing off at the end of 6 months. (21.85% interest SUX) Not to mention I spend 470 a month on Insurance. I'm just doing DIY mods right now. (Other than suspension and side markers)

Otherwise, I'd easily dish out cash for a body kit.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by mydecember1985
I would love to go spend tons of money on my car, but I'm broke. I'm trying to pay this thing off at the end of 6 months. (21.85% interest SUX) Not to mention I spend 470 a month on Insurance.
21.85% interest and 470/month insurance!!??? O_O What's your credit history and driving history like
Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by n3985
21.85% interest and 470/month insurance!!??? O_O What's your credit history and driving history like

Absolutely NO credit history. Had a cell phone for 2 years in my name. Every thing else I pay cash for. Rent, bills, insurance, CARS. This is the very first thing I've financed. I dont even have a credit card. (I'm a server and I constantly have cash on me)

The driving record's a lil bad. (I'm a magnet for cops )

I KID YOU NOT WHEN I SAY I HAVE GOTTEN OVER 50 TICKETS/WARNINGS.
most of them are non-moving violations like loud music, minor equipment violations, etc... but my moving ones(points on my license) are:
Driving while license suspended
Speeding
Speeding
Failure to yeild
Passing in no passing zone
and Driving with no headlights

I've had my car searched I think 8-9 times. Sniffed by K-9 twice. Patted down bout 5-6 times.

I've really learned to keep the music down and my foot off the gas. Last time I got a TICKET was almost a year ago, but I got a warning 2 months ago for the blue lights in the side markers.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by n3985
hang on, the Paradox kit is a replica of the Signature kit? (or whatever the VIP style one is in Japan which costs $2000)
Basically. Just not as "extreme." i.e. I don't think the lips flare out as much, though they're practically the same style.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:10 AM

I don't understand why the Paradox guys refuse to update their site with some decent pictures of their body kit. I probably would have bought it a long time ago, but I have yet to see some quality pictures.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:47 AM

The reason I believe nobody is buying the Paradox Evolution copy is because I don't even think anyone has heard if the kit is even done yet. I've seen pics of the front lip and side skirts, but even after many requests still haven't seen ANY pictures of the rear. If the kit is actually in production Paradox needs to do a much better job promoting it or they are bound to take a loss on this one.

The main reason I am staying away from the paradox kit is the fact that it is fiberglass. I have seen way to many FG kits start cracking and looking like crap. Side skirts and rear are probably fine as long as it is a quality glassing job, but the front will not last long especially if you are lowered which many of us are. I scrape my chin all the time, so with a fiberglass lip that is an inch or two lower... I foresee problems. If someone were to come out with a Poly replica of the signature kit I would be all over that.

So for now Ill just keep looking at the ST-R lips with the stock side skirts, and the rear will just be lonely (Not a big fan of the ST-R rears). Sometimes it makes me glad to be back at school and not have money burning a hole in my pocket.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 AM

Toally Agree

Originally Posted by clayman88
I don't understand why the Paradox guys refuse to update their site with some decent pictures of their body kit. I probably would have bought it a long time ago, but I have yet to see some quality pictures.
I really want to get a good look at how the kit looks mounted on the car...I actually have some extra cash to spend...But I'm not content with the pics on the site
Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Got Projectors?

There are pictures of the rear piece on the website. Just not pictures of it mounted.

And the kit is flexible fiberglass, so it will be more flexible/durable than conventional fiberglass.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 PM

I emailed them asking if it's still in production and for pictures. This is the respond I got:

The price on our website is the price of the kit including shipping. We have
been waiting for installed pictures from one of our customers but he has
not been able to come through yet. I must also let you know that we will be
discontinuing this kit soon so it will no longer be available from us once
it has been. There is no specific date yet as it is still under negotiation.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Harry Liu
President
Paradox Systems, LLC
hliu@paradox-systems.com
I really like the kit. I hope to have some extra cash soon to get one.. maybe the last one I'll share pics if I do though
Old 09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Learning English...

WARNING to those who are going to purchase the STR side skirts from Australia:
They are little bit different from the OEM I35s side sills!!! They look more sporty to me, but i can't say they're better at all. Also the skirts are unpainted and made by a company in New Zeland for Nissan-Australia.....
That's all
Old 09-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by brio_max
WARNING to those who are going to purchase the STR side skirts from Australia:
They are little bit different from the OEM I35s side sills!!! They look more sporty to me, but i can't say they're better at all. Also the skirts are unpainted and made by a company in New Zeland for Nissan-Australia.....
That's all
Probably a non-issue for the US folks. Makes more sense $ wise to purchase the side skirts here.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Learning English...

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Probably a non-issue for the US folks. Makes more sense $ wise to purchase the side skirts here.
Yes, off course.
The price was 560 USD shipped to Europe, but that's not important...!
Old 09-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Yea same here. I agree! I was interested in it before I even bought my I. And now I have it but the kit is nowhere to be seen.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:26 AM

So $560 shipped for the ST-R sideskirts? How about for the front & rear? I keep hearing about these Australian kits, but is there an actual website to see this stuff and order it? Or, is it all over the phone? Whats the actual company that mekes them? Can anyone give me a total cost for front/rear/skideskirts shipped? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Got Projectors?

So $560 shipped for the ST-R sideskirts? How about for the front & rear? I keep hearing about these Australian kits, but is there an actual website to see this stuff and order it? Or, is it all over the phone? Whats the actual company that mekes them? Can anyone give me a total cost for front/rear/skideskirts shipped? Thanks!
FAQ has contact information.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:49 AM

Any pics of it?