Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM

Help! Cruising Hesitation....

I need a diagnosis from the Pros! I will try to give a good description of it. A few minutes ago when I was driving I noticed that my car was hesitating, when not under acceleration, it just does it when I am at a constant speed. Its very subtle, and it does it about once a second with momments where it won't do it. I looked at both the speedometer and tach and they both didn't move, at least not enough for me to see. It feels like I am slightly letting off the accelerator and then get back on it rapidly. And like some very strong winds are hitting the car head on.

I just got back from a road trip today that was about 500 miles combined, and it didn't do it the whole time. So this is the first time its done it. The car was heavily loaded just about the whole trip, but it didn't do it when I was driving around my home town with just me in the car. Could this be the result of some bad gas, or is it the infamous MAF? I am kinda ruling that out because my moms 2000 Maxima is suffering from the MAF syndrome and I had never felt the car do what I am feeling.

I was just in the comfort zone with the car since I have had it for 3 months !!!! Well the Engine.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:47 PM

I just took it on a test drive and it isn't doing it now, but apparently something is wrong. But I hope it is alright.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Learning English...

Maybe one of your coils is going to die, who knows
Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Bump. I am bringing this back from the dead.

Okay I noticed that from time to time my car still does this. I also remembered that this didn't start happening until after I had an oil change and the air filter replaced. Could that be a factor?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by NissLover
Bump. I am bringing this back from the dead.

Okay I noticed that from time to time my car still does this. I also remembered that this didn't start happening until after I had an oil change and the air filter replaced. Could that be a factor?
oil change is not a factor... sounds like a MAF to me.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by i30ds
oil change is not a factor... sounds like a MAF to me.

YUP you got to it before me i was gonna say MAF thats probably most common problem when you hear about the engine bucking and stuff. is your check engine light on by any chance.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:43 PM

No, the check engine light is not on. But yeah I figured out today it was probably the MAF when I described it to my mom and she said her Maxima does it sometimes and I know for sure her MAF is bad, but she won't get it fixed.

The reason I mentioned the oil change was because of the filter. I am guessing since the filter is clean it made the MAF symptoms noticeable, because before I never felt anything. Damnit I was hoping this was fixed already before I got the car. Now I have to figure out if its covered under this warranty I have on it.