Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Satelite radio "on" switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:54 AM

Satelite radio "on" switch

So after an unsuccessful attempt to install a Pac aux in adapter into my stock (6 disc in trunk) system, im thinking I need to have the dealer program my deck to "see" a external satelite player. Once it sees the sat 1, im hoping this will turn on the pac unit to let my aux input work... Luckily the deck is easy to remove/install.

Anyone have this done before without losing the cd changer like with the US Spec unit??
Old 07-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Got Projectors?

Does the AUX-in adapter you have plug into the CD changer input on the back of the head unit? If so, it should see it just fine - if it works. I don't think there's any "programming" that can be done on the HU (Nav or Non-Nav).

Also, do you have a SAT button on your HU? If so, you could maybe get something that plugs into the SAT input on the back of HU.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Does the AUX-in adapter you have plug into the CD changer input on the back of the head unit? If so, it should see it just fine - if it works. I don't think there's any "programming" that can be done on the HU (Nav or Non-Nav).

Also, do you have a SAT button on your HU? If so, you could maybe get something that plugs into the SAT input on the back of HU.
Here is the unit I purchased...

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...AAINIS2&tp=422

I was thinking I could do just that.. tap into the Sat input since my radio has one (button with SAT)... The connectors all fit properly and the radio powered fine.. The problem is that the radio does not "see" this new input so instead of toggling into SAT mode like it should from the factory I would think, it instead sticks on the CD changer....Same thing with the wheel mode button... I checked the connections and everything seemed in order.. the unit has two T plugs that sit in between the radio and the harness causing it to tap in.. There is a SAT/No sat button switch on the unit that didnt seem to do anything..... I wanted to go this route obviously so I dont have to lose my 6 disc changer in the trunk which is quick and skip free..

Not sure if the dealer has to flash the car to tell it a Sat radio is plugged. Better question how would we install the sat radio?? I didnt see any extra plugs for th input so I would think its a similar "T style" install.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Got Projectors?

Hmm. I can honestly say I have no idea. I would be rather surprised if it was something the dealer could flash, but it wouldn't be the first time I was surprised either.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 PM

Thanks for tossing ideas Meta.... I'm stumped and want to keep this Pac unit if it works.. I might call the manufacturer Monday..
Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Got Projectors?

Just thinking other things -

I'm guessing that this is probably done through the harness, but is there any kind of remote wire that needs to be hooked up?

Additionally, I saw on the product page this note:

Note: There is a switch on the AAI-NIS2 that will allow this unit to work with or without the factory Satellite receiver present.
Have you played around with that setting?

Again...don't really know. PAC might have some ideas so contacting them might be a good bet.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 PM

I thought the I35's head unit didn't have a provision for a CD changer input since it's got a 6-disc in dash player. Or are we talking about a navigation-equipped car?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by MattB85
I thought the I35's head unit didn't have a provision for a CD changer input since it's got a 6-disc in dash player. Or are we talking about a navigation-equipped car?
If he has a changer in the trunk then he has navigation.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Founds a possible solution on another board.. Thought I might throw it in front of the group.. I'm thinking adding a A/B switch would make this seamless to use with the changer..

""I was able to splice in to the audio line that is running from the stock CD changer in the trunk (clarion cv737) and connect the 1/8 jack to my ipod.
There is a wiring connector about 5 inches down the cord from the CD changer. I cut the audio lines and left the power and control lines for the changer. the wires are as follows:
Green/Black - Left Neg
Green - Left Pos
Grey/Black - Right Neg
Grey - Right Pos""

"Now when I select the cd changer from my head unit, the changer will spin up the cd... but the actual sound will come from the Ipod. I realize that i am beating up on the changer by leaving it playing as I listen to the ipod... but to me it is a small cost for the great sound.
When i am ready to sell the car I will re-solder the CD changer lines. The cuts i made will be hidden inside the cable guide."
Old 07-15-2008, 09:44 AM

So I was in mod mode yesterday and decided to cut away at my CD changer cords in hope of tapping into the speakers with my ghetto aux in headphone jack..... Success!!!! Sounds is low and most likely in Mono, but I can now stream music off of my Moto Q into the stock deck. I am going to purchase a signal booster today in hopes of boosting the volume to "CD" levels.. I did lose my CD changer sound in the process since a A/B switch tapping into 6+ wires was over my head as night fell.. Only managed to blow 1 fuse in the process tapping signal wires.

Not sure I would recommend this mod, but it works for me and was less than 1/3 of the cost for the US Spec unit.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM

Update... Bought the following headphone signal booster (Boostaroo Revolution) and the difference between this and the stock changer is huge!!!! Huge improvement in Highs/lows... Turn out its not the bose speakers that cant drive crisp highs, its the deck..