Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Proud new I30 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Proud new I30 owner

Hey hows it going ifiniti section of the org lol.. I recently just purchased a 2000 I30 with 202k on it, I first came to the org with my 92 max se about 2 yrs ago. I'm usually in the 3rd gen section, but seeing as im apart of the inifinit fam now thought i'd make myself comfortable here . My max has 202 k on it too except its 20 yrs old and I need to give it some rest. Even though my I30 has 202k also...it drives like new thanks to how well the last owner has taken care of it. Which he's owned it from 88k and never drove it above 75mph If that. He's actually a member of the org but ill keep that confidential out of respect.

I love the car, its luxury and comfort far exceed the max in ways I couldnt imagine. Though im more use to manual driving, power was at my finger tips constantly. Getting use to my first auto will be exciting though seeing as my first car was a 5spd.

This car has really been taken care only nissan parts have ever been used. Alternator,battery,waterpump,thermostat,starter,cr ank sensor, air flow meter replaced at 89k and ecu reprogrammed,shocks,axles. Theres a check engine light that comes and goes but it seemed to have stayed now. Theres a minor oil leak which I believe is the rear end seal on the motor. Or maybe Im saying it wrong I think crank seal. Other then that the car runs like a charm.

Anyways Looking foward to meeting you guys and learning more about this wonderful car. thanks guys. Also will post pics soon!

Last edited by BklynsmoeVE; 09-29-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by BklynsmoeVE
Hey hows it going ifiniti section of the org lol.. I recently just purchased a 2000 I30 with 202k on it, I first came to the org with my 92 max se about 2 yrs ago. I'm usually in the 3rd gen section, but seeing as im apart of the inifinit fam now thought i'd make myself comfortable here . My max has 202 k on it too except its 20 yrs old and I need to give it some rest. Even though my I30 has 202k also...it drives like new thanks to how well the last owner has taken care of it. Which he's owned it from 88k and never drove it above 75mph If that. He's actually a member of the org but ill keep that confidential out of respect.

I love the car, its luxury and comfort far exceed the max in ways I couldnt imagine. Though im more use to manual driving, power was at my finger tips constantly. Getting use to my first auto will be exciting though seeing as my first car was a 5spd.

This car has really been taken care only nissan parts have ever been used. Alternator,battery,waterpump,thermostat,starter,cr ank sensor, air flow meter replaced at 89k and ecu reprogrammed,shocks,axles. Theres a check engine light that comes and goes but it seemed to have stayed now. Theres a minor oil leak which I believe is the rear end seal on the motor. Or maybe Im saying it wrong I think crank seal. Other then that the car runs like a charm.

Anyways Looking foward to meeting you guys and learning more about this wonderful car. thanks guys. Also will post pics soon!
This car is an awesome car. I ride my mom's 2000 I30 and it's awesome. I can't agree with you more. I want that over my 96 I30 but i like my car either way. Congrats though and welcome to the I30 team.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 AM

Welcome!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 AM

Welcome, you'll find quite a few guide on modifying your car here

Even though i30 is not as good as i35, its a great car :P :P :P
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by mayur914
This car is an awesome car. I ride my mom's 2000 I30 and it's awesome. I can't agree with you more. I want that over my 96 I30 but i like my car either way. Congrats though and welcome to the I30 team.
Nice I definitly wouldnt mind two luxury cars hah, but yeah I hear a lot of good things about the 2000-02 I30 as far as reliability. Thanks btw im glad theres an infiniti section here honestly the org is a pretty dam helpful and mature forum.

Originally Posted by pahanorlando

Thanks! I'm not tooo sure if i'll be modding the car lol as much as just hoping it will last very very long, not that I doubt it . The I30 is really my gf's car, I recommended the car because it's in such good condition and the owner needed to get rid of it due to high insurance costs. So for a highly well maintained fully loaded 2000 I30(leather,sunroof,heated seats..) for only 2 grand...I definitly told her to jump on that deal. She's not so mechanically inclined tho and I would hate to see her waste her money in the shops and i'm a car enthusiast so I would love to take the opprunity to work on something different then my max or camaro, and just learn in general...I also use it when my max is out of commission lol.

Im just a skeptic sometimes I mean the car runs sweeeet its just 200k on the odometer scares me a lil...so I rather maintain it then mod it, no offence to anyone with high mileage highly modded I30 owners

Not as good performance wise?

Last edited by BklynsmoeVE; 09-29-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM

yeah, to be honest I don't think that i30 and i35s are up there quality wise, they are not bad like american cars etc., but I think they are not as good quality wise like toyota
Old 09-29-2011, 10:59 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Hopefully you dont have problems with it.

yeah, to be honest I don't think that i30 and i35s are up there quality wise, they are not bad like american cars etc., but I think they are not as good quality wise like toyota
Yeahh, I'm not touching this one with a 20 foot pole.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:58 PM

Nahh come on these cars(nissan/infiniti) run just as strong as toyota,honda. As long as your maintaining your car and not driving it like an A-hole lol shouldnt be all that bad.

Originally Posted by USDM Cefiro
Congrats on the purchase. Hopefully you dont have problems with it.

Yeahh, I'm not touching this one with a 20 foot pole.
haha i wonder why and thnks!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM

Not from my experience)
I was raping my previous car everyday and now it has 270k and still drives great

But Infinitis are still good, just not as good quality wise
Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Not from my experience)
I was raping my previous car everyday and now it has 270k and still drives great

lol kk man thanks ill keep that in mind, i hope our ideas of quality are the same!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 PM

lol yeah, I just don't think that nissans are best quality cars, but they are up there, still in top 10
Old 10-03-2011, 10:54 AM

OP, welcome to the ORG and enjoy your stay

your previous car was a go-kart with windows. You cant compare a Geo to a Nissan/Infiniti. You moved from a car that all it needed was gas and coolant to move, to a much more complicated car with WAY WAY more complicated and from your problems the previous owner didnt take care of it. Dont rag a car because you got a lemon.

All cars have their lemons

OP, welcome to the ORG and enjoy your stay
Old 10-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Not from my experience)

Dude, your out of your mind. Nissan makes a fantastic product! I have had numerous Nissan's with many many miles. I had 150K on my 94 Altima GLE when I sold it, it ran like a top. Started everyday (even when it was -80 degrees outside) My 91 Nissan 300ZX another great runner. Expensive to maintain, but ran great! My Infiniti runs fantastic! Best yet! Always maintained at Infiniti dealers (until I got it).

You just have to be more careful when buying used cars bro! Maint. records are a must when it comes to a car with over 100K on the clock.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 PM

lol, I do agree that Infiniti and Nissan are high quality cars. I am just saying that they are not the best quality out there Don't get me wrong, I love Infiniti and my next car most likely will be infiniti, but not because of quality.

For example
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...y-findings.htm
It starts "while honda and toyota are still highest in reliability"

and here is another
Brand Reliability — Top 10

1. Scion
2. Acura
3. Honda
4. Toyota
5. Lexus
6. Infiniti
7. Subaru
8. Hyundai
9. Mitsubishi
10. Kia

http://consumerist.com/2009/01/the-1...d-notions.html

So yeah, from my experience and my friends, toyota and honda are more reliable, but nissan is not far from them at all.
Here is how I would (personally) rate the reliability.
1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Nissan

My family had total 3 toyotas (including lexus), 1 honda (acura) and 2 nissans (including my i35)

Geo Prizm now 275k and running great
Lexus ES has 220k and running great
Toyota Sienna has 150k and running great
Acura TL 125k running great except the common transmission bs
Nissan Altima died at 212k
Infiniti i35 145k and running great
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

someone didnt take care of that altima for it to die at 200k
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
someone didnt take care of that altima for it to die at 200k
I concur, the body will rott out before the engine. The 2.4 is bulletproof!

Last edited by Joeker82; 10-03-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM

True that) Got any ideas on how to make it?
Since outside I have HID fog lights and LED mirrors, I guess I should make one with both of them on?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 PM

Welcome
Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM

Welcome to the DEK OP, any questions feel free to ask me!

I see what you did there

You cleaned up one silly comment with an even sillier one

The only reason toyotas are reliable is because they dont go over 40 mph that's why they never wear as fast.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM

lol are you guys serious?
toyotas and hondas are more reliable, thats what studies and surveys show. You can't get around it. Nissan (Infiniti) is still at top 10, but hondas and toyotas are better
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM

This is a welcome thread, take your "this car is better than this car bullsh!t" out of here. Also what make a I35 "better" than an I30? Pretty much the same car only different engines

I30s have maf issues
I35s burn oil

I could continue but it would be pointless
Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 PM

i35 vs i30 was a joke, that's why there is :P :P :P after that statement
Old 10-10-2011, 03:51 PM

as much as you rag your I30 W(hy)TH are you still driving it?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:13 PM

lol, first of all I drive i35, second, I don't rag it
I just said that honda and toyota are better quality
guys, we got to be open minded, I love infiniti, but fact is still a fact, our cars are not best quality cars out there
They do look best in my opinion, but qualitywise we are one step behind from honda and toyota
Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 PM

lol, first of all I drive i35, second, I don't rag it
I just said that honda and toyota are better quality
guys, we got to be open minded, I love infiniti, but fact is still a fact, our cars are not best quality cars out there
They do look best in my opinion, but qualitywise we are one step behind from honda and toyota
Its obvious you're a ricer thats why you don't feel comfortable in the I35, too far outta your habitat.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:28 PM

wow, ricer? took you awhile to come up with that thought?
I am in law enforcement actually, but whatever
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM

law enforcement........why was that included? trying to act bad on the interwebz I see
Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 PM

I just don't see how me saying that honda and toyota are better quality ( and citing my sources) makes me a ricer

and the only reason I included that I am in law enforcement is to show how far I am away from "ricers"
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM

wow, ricer? took you awhile to come up with that thought?
I am in law enforcement actually, but whatever
and the only reason I included that I am in law enforcement is to show how far I am away from "ricers"
You are what you eat!

Or you are what you chase all day in your case so how many illegal lights, exhaust too loud, car too gay tickets did you give out today?

Last edited by 2000_MAXIMA_KING; 10-10-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM

you've ragged your car since day one on this forum, hence why I continue to ask you, "why are you still driving it?" If it sucks so bad, go back to your GEO
Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 PM

dude, I never ragged about my car, I made a post to see if everybody had problems like I had with my car. I am happy about my car, I still drive it and plan to drive another 3 years. I just said that there are cars with better quality, that's it.

I was surprised with problems I had with this car as my previous car had a lot less problems, but it doesn't mean I hate my car.

I don't understand why you guys feel so defensive if someone says that nissan/infiniti is not best quality car
Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 PM

I wouldnt say we are getting defensive, a number of us have seen how you constantly put down your car and yet you continue to drive. I can dig up numerous posts where you are putting your car down or other infiniti's

Sure I love my car BUT my next car I can say with 99% certainty that it will not be a Nissan/Infiniti, solely because I want a F-body like my brothers old car.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:31 PM

I never put down any other infiniti here
If you are referring to my topic "so is i35 suck overall?"
I was upset because I had over 10 problems on the car within 15k miles of driving it, but
I never put it down, I just expected higher quality, that's it. I still like the car.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 PM

Just like with any other car if maintained properly it will last for a really long time, there is guys on here with 300-400k miles on their cars. Obviously you ended up with a lemon bro sorry its the truth even if you are "law enforcement"
Old 10-10-2011, 09:47 PM

lol for your information I am not a cop (like you said in your previous post) there are many law enforcement agencies besides police

To be honest I don't really think I had those problems because of previous bad maintance, that's just the way car is. I mean your starter, alternator, ignition coils etc. will go bad no matter how you maintain it, right? However yeah, it could be just lemon. But it's not that big of a deal. Each cost less than $300 to fix. If it would be american car, I would probably already had problems with a/c compressor, transmission, and engine.

Last edited by pahanorlando; 10-10-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM

lol for your information I am not a cop (like you said in your previous post) there are many law enforcement agencies besides police

To be honest I don't really think I had those problems because of previous bad maintance, that's just the way car is. I mean your starter, alternator, ignition coils etc. will go bad no matter how you maintain it, right? However yeah, it could be just lemon. But it's not that big of a deal. Each cost less than $300 to fix. If it would be american car, I would probably already had problems with a/c compressor, transmission, and engine.
Ive had 3 maximas and Ive never had to change the alternator or starter yet.

Last edited by 2000_MAXIMA_KING; 10-11-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Simmer down, boys...simmer down.

Last edited by phenryiv1; 10-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:15 PM

O, dont you deliver pizzas for papa johns?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Joeker82
O, dont you deliver pizzas for papa johns?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 PM

LOL, nice video tigersharkdude

I got b.s. in criminal justice about five month ago, before than I did 2 semesters of internship with law enforcement agency and after graduation I was volunteering there. Now the time came and I got hired

Quick Reply: Proud new I30 owner