Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Please Help 1997 Infinity I30 engine code

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Please Help 1997 Infinity I30 engine code

Hello everyone thank you for looking at this add, i really need your help here.
I have 2 codes P1446 Vent control Valve and P0450 Evap Pressure senors.
Can someone Pin point the location of these 2 components. I heard they were under the drivers wheel and it wasnt under there. I went to a smog place and the guy said it could be in the Gasoline Tank. I've been doing online research and i keep hitting road blocks. If you guys could help with what I'm looking for id really appreciate it. one last thing, when i called the dealer the guy asked me if they were both inside the canister, I told him I didn't know, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 PM

P1446 is the EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve. The EVAP canister is located on the driver's side of the car, behind the rear wheel. The control valve is bolted onto the canister on the end towards the front of the car. The vent control valve is a solenoid that moves a plunger inside the valve. Because of all the water spray from the rear wheel, this sliding plunger eventually corrodes and will not move, causing the DTC error code.

P0450 is the EVAP Control System Pressure Sensor. This sensor is not used to control the engine system as the name implies, it is used only for on-board diagnosis. It is also located in the rear by the EVAP canister, in the hoses to the front of the canister.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
P1446 is the EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve. The EVAP canister is located on the driver's side of the car, behind the rear wheel. The control valve is bolted onto the canister on the end towards the front of the car. The vent control valve is a solenoid that moves a plunger inside the valve. Because of all the water spray from the rear wheel, this sliding plunger eventually corrodes and will not move, causing the DTC error code.

P0450 is the EVAP Control System Pressure Sensor. This sensor is not used to control the engine system as the name implies, it is used only for on-board diagnosis. It is also located in the rear by the EVAP canister, in the hoses to the front of the canister.

Hello and thank you so much for your help. You sir are the real MVP