Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

ABS light VDC and SLIP

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ABS light VDC and SLIP

Code P0138 is pending, but no other pending or fault codes in memory.
I had to bleed the brakes so had to disconnect the battery(maybe the reason no codes) but I believe that shouldn't be a reason to have the ABS, VDC and SLIP lights on. What can cause this? Anyone ever came across this?
The VDC switch doesn't do anything.
Thanks

Old 08-13-2017, 03:10 PM

I am not that familiar with the lights that are on. I know there is a specific order that you are supposed to bleed the brakes in. I don't know what happens if you don't follow it.

I don't know if this would be helpful, but here is a link where you can download the owners guide -
http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/ref...finiti-i35.pdf

there is something about the VDC light on page 2-13

The P0138 code is an oxygen sensor.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:28 AM

I am not sure what the problem might be, but any time I see both the ABS and VDC lights on in my Maximas, I usually find the level of brake fluid in the reservoir has dropped to or below the full mark.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I am not sure what the problem might be, but any time I see both the ABS and VDC lights on in my Maximas, I usually find the level of brake fluid in the reservoir has dropped to or below the full mark.
In my case its full as I have donne the brakes all new. My daughter told me it started after a garage changed one of the front hubs, all I have found for now was wile doing the new discs and pads was a lot of meta particles on one of the ABS sensors. I cleaned but the problem didnt go away.
I thought this would throw a code, but no code related.
Thanks
Old 08-14-2017, 09:04 PM

Since the problem started after a wheel hub was replaced, maybe there is a bad sensor.

There is a self diagnostic for the ABS brakes that you could run. It was removed from the service manuals on both the Infiniti and the Maxima starting in 2002. It still runs on the 2002 and 2003 Maximas, so it will probably run on the Infiniti as well.

It starts on page 48.
http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Infiniti/I30/2001/BR.pdf