Negative
poor product and customer service
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer 2K3MAX2NV (10)
03-28-2009
2K3MAX2NV
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
I ordered a set of angel eyes and an HID kit for my fogs. The shipment came in 2 days no problem with that. The angel eyes work great My PM's were answered fast and I was happy.

When I installed the HID kit one ballast was bad. My response via PM was to check the other ballast with the bulb to see if it flicker'd and it did. Then I was told to ship it back via the website instructions at my cost... I was also told that they have to "test" everything first to determine if a refund is even worth it.

Is this good customer service and quality products? I think not

After they received my shipment back the same exact way it was shipped to me, I was told via phone that one of the bulbs broke which I had to take it up with UPS. Then I was told that there is a restocking fee which I am also responsible for and I am to expect a minimal refund. Also they hadn't even looked at my return shipment until I called them 2 days after they received it. This was Friday

So now I am waiting until Monday for them to test it and decide if they are going to refund me anything.

And a side note I referred my friend to them to order the angel eyes and replacement HID bulbs. He received the entirely wrong package. They sent him a return UPS label so he wouldn't have to pay for the return only after he pleaded with them.

Again is this good customer service? Is this a way to get return business?

Umnitza you fail miserably

umnitza
03-28-2009, 12:58 PM
We received an order and shipped the order immediately.
The customer claimed there was an issue with the product on this car. Since each product is tested prior to shipment, we asked to have him send it back for warranty replacement/repair.

The customer has chosen to request a refund instead of a warranty return. A refund is subject to our standard restocking fee of 20% if all the parts are in perfect condition upon return. Electrical parts are not usually allowed to be returned after installation, but this requirement was waived because the customer's claim was that the product was in perfect condition.

Upon receipt, and while the customer was on the phone, we opened the box and carefully unwrapped each item. We received 3 items that did not appear to be damaged or even installed, however, 1 item (the HID bulb) was broken on arrival. This was due to improper return packaging.

The original purchase was for $75, the bulb cost is $25 for replacement, and the product refund would be 80% of the $50 remaining cost of the components - which is $40.

We cannot refund for broken return products. The customer used UPS and can receive a full insurance credit of up to $100 of the insured value of the kit. We are providing the customer with a photo of the broken bulb so that he may file a claim.

If UPS picks up the whole package, the customer will need to complete the claim process with UPS and Umnitza will not proceed with the refund, if UPS can allow partial claim, Umnitza will proceed with restocking fee refund.

In these photos, you can clearly see that 1 bulb was improperly packaged and was broken upon arrival:
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/claims...thballasts.jpg
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/claims...nH11return.jpg

The customer included the bulbs incorrectly into the protective shields by simply sliding them in but not security the bases.

We wish for this customer a speedy recovery from UPS and will assist with the claim as necessary.