Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

YOUR DREAM MAXIMA...FOR SALE!!! 5th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

YOUR DREAM MAXIMA...FOR SALE!!! 5th Gen

I am selling my award winning, 2001, Grey Lustre, 5spd Maxima. I regret having to do this because I have not really gotten to enjoy the car with the amount of work I've done to it. I live in NYC and I got the car in November 2000. I am the only owner and the car was kept garaged for 90% of the time I owned it. I got so into modding so fast, that I could'nt drive the car around the NYC streets or back and forth to work and feel safe leaving it anywhere. Working in Jamaica Queens and being a victim of random acts of vandalism forced me to get a hoopty and keep the Max at home. I only drove it on weekends or to tool around and show off now and then. The car only has just under 50,000 miles in 6 years. I have a 1987 Merkur xr4ti that is my daily driver.
With NY insurance rates among the most expensive in the country and the fact that I barely drove the car... its like I'm paying for nothing. I also am happily married with a 5 year old son and a BIG Mortgage. The money I could get for this car, I can use to get caught up on some bills and cut my expenses. You guys know how it is.... once you get started modding, its hard to stop and I need to focus more on my family and my home nowadays.
I want to give the Maxima.org community the first crack at buying the car since its this website that taught me everything I know about Maximas and the people I've met on here have been great. I honestly would rather try to sell the car whole and exhaust all other resources before I break down and part it out.... I dont have the time, inclination or the money to part it out. If I cant sell it here I'll try Ebay or some other car sites....
Anyway... Here are the Specs. I've done so much to it, I'll probably leave some stuff out but I did update my Cardomain site a couple of days ago with new pics n stuff!!! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/136367
Please go to the site to supplement what I written in this post. Here goes!!!

Exterior Mods:
- Stillen Touring Lip, Customized Stillen rear valence, Sarona Side Skirts, Sarona Fenders and rear winshield spoiler, 20% grey tint., VIS CF hood w/hood pins, Ionic Dynamics Trunk & wing (available not installed yet), Street scenes upper and lower front grille chromed...
- 00-01 Smoked Tails w/white refelctors, 2k2 Headlight conversion, signal lenses cleared, housing painted black, clear side markers, chrome/super-white washer nozzles, Umnitza Angel Eye kit, Umnitza HID Fog Kit,

Interior Mods:
- CF step sides, Leatherseats.com 2-tone leather seats, Momo shift ****, e-brake and pedals, CF Gauge Pods, Autometer C2 Boost, EGT, Oil & Air/Fuel gauges, diamond plated floor mats (available), CF Dash Kit, Chrome Fire Extinguisher, Ignited Performance CF switches in 2nd DIN...

System Mods:
- Pioneer AVIC N2 Detachable Face, touch-screen DVD/CD/Radio, MTX T8.6 8000 6 1/2 front door speakers, MTX 6 1/2 T8.6 8000's also for the rear doors, 4 MTX Tweeters, Custom Trunk Design Courtesy SPEEDWORLD.COM...My trunk features 2, 4 OHM MTX Thunder 8000 12" Subs, 1, MTX 4 Chnl. 4250D Amp for the door speakers, 1, MTX 2 Chnl. 8100D 1100 Watt AMP for the Subs, 15 Farad Capacitor, I added detachable face headrest TV's, Pioneer IPOD connection and ported the bass from the trunk into the car...

Performance Mods:
- BBS RS-GT2 19" Rims, Toyo 235/35/19 tires, Wilwood front Big Brake Kit, Slotted/Dimpled rotors, Cattman Gen 2 coilover kit, Stillen RSB & FSB, Custom Full 3" Exhaust, Apexi Turbo Muffler w/silencer, Quafie LSD, Lightened Flywheel, ACT Performance clutch, Unorthodox UDP, NX N-Ter Cooler Kit, Greddy Emanage Blue, Greddy, Profec E-01 Boost & Emanage Controller, RC Engineering 370cc injectors (550cc available), PFIspeed 5th Gen Turbo kit featuring a T4/60-1 Polished Turbo, Spearco Intercooler, HKS BOV & Aeromotive FPR, Chrome Turbo Piping, CF Valve cover, Optima Red Top, SS Brake Lines, Stillen Oil Cooler, Walbro Fuel Pump...

Asking $9500 firm to start. Before you have a heart attack, do the math. The book value on a very good condition Maxima with my specs is about $7500. So if you start there and add all the stuff thats done to this car, its a GREAT deal. My loss your gain. At $9500 you're actually getting alot of $h!t for free. For those of you who want to start off with a Max that has everything.... One of the few Maximas that have a great blend of both SHOW & GO, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal.
Please PM or E-mail me with questions or inquiries or post here. Respectful feedback and suggestions would also be appreciated. Tri-State area guys who want to come and look at the car, feel free to drop me a line. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/136367/1

Deac

Last edited by Deac; 08-05-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:38 PM

want to part out the turbo kit?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 PM

Very nice ride, good luck with the sell
Old 10-17-2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
$28,000? You can get a nice low mi 350Z and add a turbo for not much more. I agree nobody is going to pony that much money for a car that bluebooks for a fraction of that, you never get your money when you mod, you gotta take the loss from what I have seen.

Forget about the blue-book. My Max has almost every aftermarket part available for a Maxima installed on it. Mods and system alone are probably worth close to 30k. I'm asking for half that. MardiGras wants 20k for his and mine in comparable to what he wants. I've gotten offers from strangers at cars shows all the time... but I wanted to give Maxima.org the first crack. I dont want to part it out and I'll try everything else before I do that. But you cant blame me for that price or for trying to sell it whole. Its more money and hassle to part it out.... I'm trying to make money, not spend more.

Deac
Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Don If you can't get what you want for it on the Org, you'll definetly need to take it to a couple of car shows and you'll be getting hit left and right with offers like before. The car has very low milage and is well kept and with half the **** you have in mods I can see you getting reasonable offers. But One thing.Before you sell it you gotta give me a ride to see your new co2 setup

Originally Posted by Deac
Forget about the blue-book. My Max has almost every aftermarket part available for a Maxima installed on it. Mods and system alone are probably worth close to 30k. I'm asking for half that. MardiGras wants 20k for his and mine in comparable to what he wants. I've gotten offers from strangers at cars shows all the time... but I wanted to give Maxima.org the first crack. I dont want to part it out and I'll try everything else before I do that. But you cant blame me for that price or for trying to sell it whole. Its more money and hassle to part it out.... I'm trying to make money, not spend more.

Deac
Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by PharoNDmist
Don If you can't get what you want for it on the Org, you'll definetly need to take it to a couple of car shows and you'll be getting hit left and right with offers like before. The car has very low milage and is well kept and with half the **** you have in mods I can see you getting reasonable offers. But One thing.Before you sell it you gotta give me a ride to see your new co2 setup

Sup man.... Once its up and running again, you know we have to have a little fun before I get rid of it.

Deac
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 PM

Part it out and I could probably have a local buyer for your turbo kit.

Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by mforrest100
Part it out and I could probably have a local buyer for your turbo kit.

Mike

You could probably get around 15ish for the car and a few more thousand.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nismotic

You could probably get around 15ish for the car and a few more thousand.
15ish for the car + a few more thousand = 28k. Like I said, I'll see if I can sell it if not, I may try to part it out.

Deac
Old 10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

I wish you best of luck with the sale, but keep in mind that Broaner (I think that was his name) did not even get $28k and he had arguably the nicest Max...ever.

Just something to consider.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:08 PM

Whats wrong with trying to get some value out of my sale....Just trying to recoup as much as I can. Thanx for you feedback and opinions. I'm basing the price off what MardiGras was asking for his plus a little extra... Not to say my car is better than his but just to see what the reaction would be. I have to PM MaximaGirl and see how much she was asking for her 5th Gen. You cant blame me for trying. I'll keep that price out there for a while on here and a couple other sites and see what the reaction is.

1HOTMAX.... its been a while man. Thanx for the shout.

Deac
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 PM
drag racing is for wussies

dibs on the QUAIFFE tranny OR just the diff if you like. I NEED this..... I am anticipating a MAJOR power increase over the winter in my Max.

PLEASE let me know I would be willing to remove my perfectly fine working tranny for yours. I reallllly need this part !
Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 PM

I know that this is probably the cleanest 5th gen in NY. He rarely comes out and the meet I missed a couple of years ago he was there and a lot of my friends say this car can't be toched hands down. But I know the car will be easier to get rid of parted out. It will take time but the money will come faster than waiting around for a buyer of the whole car. Additionally, a lot of people like to have a blank canvas to work with. No one really wants to buy a finished car because at the end of teh day, they want to look at that car and say they were the mastermind behind the scheme. I know, as well as the people I roll with, if I were to see this car in another person's possession, they would get no respect out of the gate. People will still say thats Deac's car. Even when you sell the car, its Deac's because he made it what it is from a blank canvas. Just my opnion.

Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Droppin logs

Are there that many 400whp Maxipads out there?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by † ErV †
folks, 6 years, but low miles + a lot of it has been changed. so not that out of the water on the price.

the only thing that concerns me is this:

not running? who woulda thought
Just a minor electrical problem that we are trouble shooting now. Probably a bad IACV, crank or cam sensor. Just been too busy to get under the car. Thats nothing to be concerned about though. Its not an issue that has'nt been tackled 100 times succesfully on this site.

D-Bo there are a few Maximas that are close to 400whp or even over that w/spray.

Once again I know it would be faster and easier to part it out but.... I want to give it a few weeks to see if I can sell it whole.

Deac
Old 10-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Got Bent?

Next person who posts something not related to the actual sale of this car gets themselves a one week ban... if you guys want to hate on the terms of the sale, then please do it over PM... the forums are not the place for this...
Old 10-18-2006, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by UMD_MaxSE
Next person who posts something not related to the actual sale of this car gets themselves a one week ban... if you guys want to hate on the terms of the sale, then please do it over PM... the forums are not the place for this...
Hallelujah.... Say it again!!!! Thanx UMD. Stop trying to trash my thread... and dont knock me for trying to get my hustle on!

M Forrest: Thanx for the shout. I know what you are saying. Hopefully I'll get a few people who are willing to take the car on regardless.

I was at HIN Nightshift in Flushing Queens, NY this past April and I was pleasantly surprised to see how much love and respect I got for my car after all this time. I got people leaving me their TN# and e-mail addresses asking me to contact them when I'm ready to sell and alot of random non-maxima.org people who have my cardomain site bookmarked and say they've seen my car online or on cardomain. I had one guy tell me he visits my car everyday online and has my car as his desktop background!!! The response from the show is another eason I feel confident about selling the car and the asking price. Time will tell if I'm right. I had to try at least though...

Deac
Old 10-18-2006, 10:30 AM

Nice Max, you have a lot of hours in that car, forget about the parts cost. Too bad people feel compelled to crap on your F/S thread. I don't blame you for asking that much....it's YOUR BABY!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BadThad
Nice Max, you have a lot of hours in that car, forget about the parts cost. Too bad people feel compelled to crap on your F/S thread. I don't blame you for asking that much....it's YOUR BABY!

Thank you for understanding. I dont mind people saying lower the price or mod it out or making constructive suggestions.... I'm cool w/that. I'm just take a crack at selling my car for what I think its worth.

Deac
Old 10-20-2006, 09:56 AM

forgot to mention in my initial post. Most of the stock parts I have, I'll throw in with the deal. IE:

Stock hood, fenders, struts & springs, wheels/tires, brakes, clutch, radio, greddy 2.5" catback etc.... Remember my car barely has 22k miles on it so all this stuff is relatively new. I have a box of stuff in the attic and I know I'm leaving stuff out but, whoever buys can take it all since I wont need it and dont want to be bothered selling them.

Deac
Old 10-20-2006, 04:09 PM

Deac, you have an awesome max. I soooo wish I could pick that bad boy up from you, as I miss my 98 SE really bad right about now
Old 10-21-2006, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by JSClark
Deac, you have an awesome max. I soooo wish I could pick that bad boy up from you, as I miss my 98 SE really bad right about now
Thanx man... I hate to get rid of it, but its time. Family and home are more important to me now. I have to focus my money on my home, wife and son and not on mods anymore!!!

Deac
Old 10-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Great car!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Deac
Sup man.... Once its up and running again, you know we have to have a little fun before I get rid of it.

Deac
not a good statement to put in your for sale thread as you are stating you will beat the living hell out of it before u sell it...
don't blow a gasket or block
Old 10-23-2006, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by getbigtony
not a good statement to put in your for sale thread as you are stating you will beat the living hell out of it before u sell it...
don't blow a gasket or block
I treat that car like a newborn baby. I never beat on the car even when I was at the height of driving it. Theres nothing in that line that says I'll "beat the living hell" out of the car. I meant MAYBE take it for a last ride before its sold.... gimmie a break fellas!!

Deac
Old 10-24-2006, 01:18 PM

hey man whats up? wow..your selling the max...well good luck with the sale.

This car is sharp guys. The car was also featured in the car show HIN @ NY, Flushing and along with other org members that I set up in the show. The car is pretty much mint, you need to see it for yourself. Please dont judge from other org members. Yes, he has put a lot of work in this car but please check this car out...

Deac, if anything, sell it local or go to couple more shows around NJ. Might help out your sale. Ok man i ll talk to you later
Old 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
hey man whats up? wow..your selling the max...well good luck with the sale.

This car is sharp guys. The car was also featured in the car show HIN @ NY, Flushing and along with other org members that I set up in the show. The car is pretty much mint, you need to see it for yourself. Please dont judge from other org members. Yes, he has put a lot of work in this car but please check this car out...

Deac, if anything, sell it local or go to couple more shows around NJ. Might help out your sale. Ok man i ll talk to you later

Sup man.... thanx for the shout. Nice meeting you at the show too. I'm thinking about taking it to a few more show locally to show it off.

Deac
Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
i has college

I don't know why anyone would want to buy any other car in this price range, personally. If I was lookin for a $30k car I'd be all over this, it's my dream car in every way
Old 10-28-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by EnervinE
I don't know why anyone would want to buy any other car in this price range, personally. If I was lookin for a $30k car I'd be all over this, it's my dream car in every way

Thanx for the compliment man... If you are looking for a car, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Deac
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 AM

nm ride still in one piece..lol yea bring it to couple more shows to get your car out there...actually..join hincity.com and try selling your car thru there too man.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
nm ride still in one piece..lol yea bring it to couple more shows to get your car out there...actually..join hincity.com and try selling your car thru there too man.
I've gotten a few offers from here but I'll try hincity too! Thanx again.

Deac
Old 11-04-2006, 12:51 AM

np man...bump to the top
Old 11-04-2006, 07:37 AM

Amazing car, great job very clean it is definatly one of my favorites, too bad I didn't have the money
Old 11-04-2006, 10:59 AM

wow nice car i love it
Old 11-06-2006, 06:57 PM

D, unbelievable, you are selling your car ??

Good luck, and a bump for a real nice guy, and as one of the few who burned a path for the boosted 5th gens
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

28,000 are you serious, the car is bad.....but d@mn you cant be serious i can buy an evo for that much, this can not be the final and asking price!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Shjone984
28,000 are you serious, the car is bad.....but d@mn you cant be serious i can buy an evo for that much,
And an evo looks like the bastard love child of a stingray and a cat fish
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

When i want your opinion i will give it to you, i dont care what it looks like, i'm speaking in regards to parts and performance, it comes stock w/most of the things i would put on the car.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:21 AM

When we want your opinion, we'll give it to. $30k for a DSM, I don't think D is the one who is off his rocker; you are if you would buy an Evo for $28k. Looks, parts, performance can never compare to what a stock maxima has. Some new evos need clutches after 3k miles, transfer cases, tires, etc. But to each his own. But don't criticize others for their opinions, when you have clearly stated yours. If you would buy an Evo instead of D's car, that's your perogative, congratulations.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Reppin' the 216

Damn. Nice whip man. I only wish i had 28k right now... :-/

Quick Reply: YOUR DREAM MAXIMA...FOR SALE!!! 5th Gen