Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

PA FS: 1998 Pearl White Infiniti I30, Auto, Phila PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:42 AM

FS: 1998 Pearl White Infiniti I30, Auto, Phila PA

1998 pearl white Infiniti I30, auto. I’m the 2nd owner since 30K and now at 148K. Been a member here for a while and you can look up my previous post. Haven’t been active for a few years now since the car has been downgraded to city duty and not driven much. Car looks good from some angles and overall body is not bad, expect for some things below. Interior is in very good shape shape. Car runs and drives BUT there are some bad and ugly. As such, I am selling this as a 'as is' PARTS car, though you can drive it away (read below). Clean title with no accidents on the frame.

Selling as a whole for $999.99 for a quick sale -Phila, PA. The parts alone on this car can cover most of the cost. With my hectic family schedule, I don't have time to part out stuff. Here's an opportunity for you!

Might trade for a reliable 4 cyclinder I can use for city duty -auto or stick, the smaller displacement and vehicale size the better. Really interested in an older (early 90s) Volvo 240 or Saab 900 that is in good running condition.

The Good:
Motor is strong, idles perfectly
Transmission shifts strong, tranny flush and drop pan to clean out with Amsoil ATF at 80K
35% tint all around
Vogtland springs
KYB AGX shocks
Generic STB
Generic pedal covers
Warpspeed Y pipe
Warpspeed B pipe
Walker O2 sensors when doing pipes
Magna Flow high flow Cat
Motorstorm UDP with Gator belts
Cefiro gauge rings
Cefiro one piece headlights
Front stainless steel brake lines, include new rear lines that I have not installed.
PA Inspection till 08/12
Relatively new rotors
New hood struts
New battery with 3 year warrantee
Aftermarket floor mats on top of OE mats (very good share)
All electronics and components work (except items listed below)
Have original booklet and documentation

The Bad:
Hood does not close b/c of lower cross member rust. Using custom rope/latch mode for the last 2 years without fail I was going to take it to a shop and have them patch weld the member but why bother with cost and taking bumper on/off when the rope/latch mod works.

The exhaust is leaking at the resonator due to a cracked at the inlet to the resonator. This just happened last weekend and was the final motivator for me to move on since I hardly use the car. I temporarily had it sealed with some exhaust cement and it was quite again but did not last due to flex. I forgotten how loud a car can be without the muffler!.. Easy repair or go straight pipe. Btw, no white smoke or any funny gases or odors.

ABS light comes on and off. I think one of the ABS sensors need replacement soon.

Air bag light is blinking. Accidently pushed something under the passenger side seat 2 months back and triggered the under seat sensor/harness. Other than that I’ve never had an issue with the air bag light. I think resetting it should make it go away.
CEL for clogged EGR. Comes with parts and instructions to fix.

Does not have driver side flip down mirrow.

Bose CD player get the standard ERR error.

The Ugly(cosmetics):
Driver side rear door could use replacement (dent) and front door has some marks (surface). Victim of a hit and run However, I have two very good condition replacement doors (driver side front and rear) available, if interested. The rear passenger door has two new dents.

Front and rear bumpers could use a respray thanks to people who can’t park. Do it with the doors!

Noisy AC compressor clutch bearing for about 2 years. AC is ice cold and never had issues.

Pictures:

Last edited by PhillyDonut; 11-24-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do you think the car would have trouble making the trip to.nyc?Very very interested...waiting for pics!...
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM

LOL. The exhaust failed on me while I was in Queens last week. I drove it back to Phila on Friday night (before the city went into lockdown -lol) without any problems –other than being loud as hell and sounding like a ricer. Mechanically the car is solid, it’s just exhaust noise (ear plugs?). When driven at 60MPH (2000RPM) it is at frequency that the exhaust pressure is low and is not too loud to cruise –can have a conversation. Not sure if there is such a thing as high temp/heat resistant tape (think duck tape) but that would provide enough banged to keep the noise out for your ride home. I was visiting family and did not have any tools other than a local RS Strauss…
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM

Uploaded pics.

Last edited by PhillyDonut; 11-23-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 AM

PM sent.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 PM

BUMP. Car is available. I was in the middle of moving so had to push off the sale for a bit. It is good to go now. Come see the car and I'm sure you'd pick it up.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Anyone?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 AM

New low price $900!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:14 PM

bump for a local member. i recognize the scenery in your pics lol. wish it was black interior, id totally take it off your hands.