Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

MN Looking for a 98-99 rust free Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 PM

Looking for a 98-99 rust free Maxima

I know they are out there...as I have encountered them occasionally. Mileage does play in to my search, I'd like under 200,000 somewhere. I'm looking to upgrade my 95 Max that has been overtaken by MN cancer and has 220,000.

Leather with heated seats would be nice...MN and all that.

A GLE would be nice, but I do like fog lights...I know some have them.

Please let me know what you've got...

TIA
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/3220606177.html
Old 08-22-2012, 10:54 PM

Very nice looking ride!! A bit out of my allowance range...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Have you seen this one?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ra...224744784.html
Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 98nismomax
Since I have cash, I usually don't look in the direction of the dealers. Since they have the ability to finance they can command a higher price and are less likely to deal. Unfortunately, dealers do wind up with some pristine vehicles through trade-ins...
Old 08-25-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Whyzman
Since I have cash, I usually don't look in the direction of the dealers. Since they have the ability to finance they can command a higher price and are less likely to deal. Unfortunately, dealers do wind up with some pristine vehicles through trade-ins...
Well I was trying to help you out and sometimes dealerships end up getting nice trade-ins.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 98nismomax
Well I was trying to help you out and sometimes dealerships end up getting nice trade-ins.
My apologies that I came across unappreciative. I am keeping an open mind and do appreciate your lead.

The dealerships do get some very nice vehicles in the age of Maxs I am looking for. I would submit that the reason they get these is that because the $2500-$3500 price range is a lot of cash for most folks. And, people are willing to take a hit on their trade-in to avoid the hassle of private selling.

People are less likely to be concerned about paying a dealer a couple thousand more than the actual cash value because the dealers focus on what people can afford monthly.

I've found as I've talked with dealers that they aren't so much interested in the fact that I am bringing cash to the table. They make money on the vehicle mark up from trade-in value, and also on providing a loan. So, they hold pretty fast to their asking price...which is usually high to begin with.

And cool!!! A fellow Minnesotan I see you are!

Last edited by Whyzman; 08-25-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Whyzman
My apologies that I came across unappreciative. I am keeping an open mind and do appreciate your lead.

The dealerships do get some very nice vehicles in the age of Maxs I am looking for. I would submit that the reason they get these is that because the $2500-$3500 price range is a lot of cash for most folks. And, people are willing to take a hit on their trade-in to avoid the hassle of private selling.

People are less likely to be concerned about paying a dealer a couple thousand more than the actual cash value because the dealers focus on what people can afford monthly.

I've found as I've talked with dealers that they aren't so much interested in the fact that I am bringing cash to the table. They make money on the vehicle mark up from trade-in value, and also on providing a loan. So, they hold pretty fast to their asking price...which is usually high to begin with.

And cool!!! A fellow Minnesotan I see you are!
Yeah I can see how dealerships want to sell used cars for more money and good luck on your search. its also cool to see some people from Minnesota that are into maxima's.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Trying to sell my '99 SE

Hello,

I have a '99 Maxima SE that I'm trying to sell. I just bought an '07 Infiniti G35s a couple months ago, and having both cars on my insurance is getting to be a little expensive. I'm in NC, so you'd have to travel to come get it, but you find it worht it.

It's a '99 SE with only 149k miles, 5 spd manual - teal on gray interior. It's loaded - heated leather seats, Bose system, sunroof - everything that model offered except the limited slip differential. Runs perfect, no rust, immaculate interior and I've used nothing but Mobil 1 oil and filter since I bought it in '02.

It does have an issue with the brakes - pretty sure it needs a new master cylinder, but I don't have time to deal with it. Carmax appraised it at $2k for a trade in, which is the highest value according to Blue Book.

Let me know if you're interested - I hate to sacrifice my baby to Carmax if I can find an owner who will give her a good home.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=green99se;8589661]Would definitely be interested. Would you shoot me some photos via PM? North Carolina is wonderful I hear in the summer time... ;-) What is the closest major airport?