Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

AR 1991 SE Auto 221k

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 03:30 PM

1991 SE Auto 221k

This one owner car has served me well. As you can see in the pictures, it is in great shape for its age—I see a lot of 10 year old or newer cars in far worse shape than this 26 year old car. I would have no reservation in taking this car across the country with my family. Other than dash cracks and minor seat wear it is very clean inside—even with a lighter interior. In spite of its age, it has many more miles and years left in it. Its original paint is in great shape. It has been in 3 minor accidents that were completely repaired. I’ve tried to identify all of the items that are negatives below that I am aware of. I have clean title in hand. You can PM me or text or leave VM to my temporary number 479-802-4573. The car is in NorthWest Arkansas (Bentonville). $1000 Firm.

—Color: Satin White Pearlglow (creamish color)
—Interior Beige Cloth
—PS, PB, PW, PL
—Motorized rearview mirrors
—A/C works fine
—Sunroof
—Aftermarket radio with CD (MP3 readable) and auxiliary input (1 rear speaker not working)
—Cruise control
—Automatic lap belts (no deteriorating airbags to worry about)
—Turn assist lights
—Fog lights
—Alloy wheels (pitted)
—Newer tires with plenty of tread

What’s wrong or not working (very little):
—Some wear on outside driver’s bolster
—Minor door dings and small dents
—Rust: right rear wheel well. I tried to neutralize it a few years ago, but it is beginning to show through again.
—Driver’s rear view mirror has a small plastic piece broken off, but otherwise works
—Evidence of outer axle boot leakage. This happened recently and there is no sign of current problems with the CV joints. I have 2 boot repair kits that I’ll include, but you may want to replace the CV joints when they start acting up, if they do.
—Power steering hose seepage. Doesn’t effect power steering and I rarely need to add fluid.
—A drop of oil every day or two from what appears to be the inner crankshaft seal.
—Catalytic converter isn’t as effective as it once was, so the exhaust smells more than a new car. You can’t smell it in the cabin while you’re driving.
—Dash cracks

What has been replaced over the past 20k miles (about 3 years)
—All 6 injectors with the intake manifold cleaned
—Timing belt, idler pulley, tensioner
—All 4 struts
—All exhaust manifold studs (these have a tendency of busting off over time)
—Most all vacuum hoses
—PCV valve
—Sensors: coolant temp, O2, speed sensor, MAF, washer fluid
—Brake pads, rotors, hoses, front calipers
—Muffler
—Battery
—Alternator
—Radiator
—Thermostat
—Plugs, distributor cap, rotor, wires
—Washer fluid pump
—Drive Belts
—Steering rack
—Cam shaft seals and front crankshaft seal
—Transmission was replaced at about 70k

Last edited by redhunter; 05-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:18 AM

Sold. It was hard to see her go after 26 years of ownership.