Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

92 GXE

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 PM

92 GXE

havent posted pics outside the 3rd gen section, waxed it a few days ago. all of the major mods are coming this summer, the last while has been spent on bodywork. my stock mudflaps caused all of my rust, it started around the screws and ate into all the fenders. passenger rear fender was eaten through so to fix it metal had to be rigged up, drivers rear was internally eaten through so had to fix that, drivers front had a huge chunk of surface rust, and passenger front had a bit of surface. i had the standard below the rear doors rust too (which is already coming back, so this summer i have to fix it again)

now that the bodywork is done (by me and a couple of other people, rust was quoted at $2000ish for a shop to fix, while fixing the rust, dents, and scratches cost me only about a grand), im just stacking up some spare cash, and after that getting all the goodies this summer. custom CF hood/trunk, Eibach springs, NisTune, new rims, etc. later on in the summer i'm grabbing all of my turbo stuff, rebuilt Z31 turbo, bigger injectors, etc. and figure out things from there. right now only mods worth mentioning are subs, aftermarket fogs, front strut bar, Magnaflow catback, and driver/passenger Sparco seats with harnesses (wanted to wait on the harnesses but the seats for some reason dont have a space for stock buckles). Sparco seats gave me about 50-60hp each, plus theyre crazy comfy (but had to pay a small fortune for custom brackets because Sparco isnt making 3rd gen brackets anymore). I have a Sparco Volanti steering wheel as well but eventually am taking out the airbag and can use the wheel then

Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Sold

looks good.
I have a tint guy that does AWESOME work. And fairly cheap too.
lmk if you want his info.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 AM

that is all............
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 AM

looks like my old stanza, and why in da heck did you put racing seats in maxy??? dude, if thats clean, i'd hate to see dirty.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Thumbs up

Going to add more of those sweet stickers as you get more mods? Remember, if you don't have a sticker signifying it, it doesn't exist.

Overall I was going to give it the thumbs down until I saw the seats. Those look really great in a Maxima. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

50-60hp seats eh?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by JSMax
looks good.
I have a tint guy that does AWESOME work. And fairly cheap too.
lmk if you want his info.
actually yeah that would be awesome, i just need the back window and all 4dr windows done. something to blow my tax return on

and yep, 60hp the seats actually are extremely light, the ones i have are made for smaller cars (240sx, Silvia, RX7, etc) but they fit good.

the Z31 turbo is either coming from Ebay or another online store, Ebay has a seller that can make them larger and such. i tried finding a turbo locally, and even put in the ad that i cant take a whole car, just the turbo and i had a guy insist i buy the whole car. it wasnt getting spark or something, if i had room i would have probably just bought the whole thing and took the turbo setup off and kept the car NA and sell it

i actually have to give the car a good wash, right now the snows melting so the roads are full of muddy puddles
Old 03-15-2010, 07:58 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally Posted by chrome91
Sparco seats gave me about 50-60hp each, plus theyre crazy comfy (but had to pay a small fortune for custom brackets because Sparco isnt making 3rd gen brackets anymore).
Old 03-15-2010, 08:06 PM

all about the stock look, eh? nice. the clear side markers are subtle, yet enough to point out the fact that youre a maxima owner that knows what he drives.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:49 PM

wont stay stock for long, doing the custom CF hood and trunk hopefully this summer and after the turbo a bodykit and possibly repaint the whole car the same pebble beige

kinda random, but what causes the usual rust on the bottom corner of the rear doors? most of the rust i repaired is gone for good but on the back doors, towards the rear of the car its already rusting again. it was a bear to get the old stuff off because a angle grinder had to be used to get in the corner, but does just the way the water drains cause it or is a door seal bad or something? not a huge deal because i know how to fix rust on my own now, but i would rather not have to deal with it every summer. i can grab a pic of the rust i'm talking about tomorrow.

and i'm not one for stickers, got the Magnaflow one from the shop and put it on for the lulz.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Sold

send me a pm when you want the number for the tint shop.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
looks like my old stanza, and why in da heck did you put racing seats in maxy??? dude, if thats clean, i'd hate to see dirty.
hard parking FTL...
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
Racing seat ftw.

Not sure about having harnesses AND stock seatbelts, but I guess you can choose each time lol

BuddyClub racing seat custom install w/ momo steering wheel
Old 03-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Protip: Have that Magnaflow res welded into your b-pipe. Then replace the current setup with a "full-looking" magnaflow muffler and a nice dual tip. It'll look ten times nicer.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM

yeah i might get the exhaust redone, theres a few other things i need to do in the summer first but i might see if i can get it done.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 PM

Killer 3rd Gen! - (Although I currently drive a 4th Gen, I've always liked the 1st - 3rd Gen Maxima)
I didn't even notice that you had clear corners till I saw "the clear side markers are subtle" in anomaly117 posting...

I like the seats, and the harnesses - but personally, I'd have dumped the stock 3 points when I installed those.

Get some nice outdoor shots when the roads dry up.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 PM

i dont know how we got snow, nearly all of the snow was melted for the last week, and last night i went out from 10pm-11pm when it was raining, and at midnight i looked outside and there was snow everywhere

once i get some time i'll take out the stock belts, probably when it warms up again. ive been throwing extra cash away as just spare funds and ive got about $1000 now, once i get about $1500 spare cash saved i wont feel bad about buying lots of stuff lol. firstly i just wants Eibach springs so im not going 4x4 anymore, then see who can do a custom CF hood and get NisTune/possibly a bee*r rev limiter

anywho thanks for all the comments
Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 AM

comin along nice man love the seats, u should try to pickup some SE 17''s for her after the drop
Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by bigpopaj369
comin along nice man love the seats, u should try to pickup some SE 17''s for her after the drop

yeah i'll figure out rims soon too, my stock ones have had 18 years of yearround use and i think the only way to save them is painting them which im not up to, would rather just use them for winter rims

i actually almost got some crazy JDM Momo rims from a 3rd gen at the junkyard, but the rims had keys on them. my ratchet got stuck and took a hour to get off and i gave up, someone eventually was able to get the rims off though. sucks, they would have cost $40 for the set and theyre expensive rims

only other rims i have around are another set of JDM Momo's from a imported Z32 i got for cheap, but the rears have 295's on them and the fronts are 235's i think so theyre not going to fit a 3rd gen
Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by chrome91
yeah i'll figure out rims soon too, my stock ones have had 18 years of yearround use and i think the only way to save them is painting them which im not up to, would rather just use them for winter rims

i actually almost got some crazy JDM Momo rims from a 3rd gen at the junkyard, but the rims had keys on them. my ratchet got stuck and took a hour to get off and i gave up, someone eventually was able to get the rims off though. sucks, they would have cost $40 for the set and theyre expensive rims

only other rims i have around are another set of JDM Momo's from a imported Z32 i got for cheap, but the rears have 295's on them and the fronts are 235's i think so theyre not going to fit a 3rd gen
Well you give up easy... If they were worth so much, you could have grabbed sockets of the proper size and hammered them on to pull off the lugs... What's 50 bucks in sockets (that you could probably return if you got craftsman or something like that) compared to some JDM TIGHT rims that probably cost $5000 each because they are JDM?

For the other set of wheels, the tire size is less important than the width and offset. The fronts will probably fit without problems unless they are 235s streched on 10" wheels, but those rears are probably 10-11" wide and would need to be narrowed, which is possible. If you had that done, you could say you have "JDM tight CUSTOM wheels"...

Last edited by sparks03max; 03-23-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM

tried that, had a proper sized hammer as well as a breaker bar etc. one back rim had a rusty/stripped lug as well so whoever got it off did something right because lots of people tried getting them without success

i'll have to see with the other Momo's, i might test fit them or just sell them. one rim has curb rash and a spit on the corner so i dont know if it would just be better to get new rims with MaD TyT3 offset
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrood1986
Racing seat ftw.

Not sure about having harnesses AND stock seatbelts, but I guess you can choose each time lol

BuddyClub racing seat custom install w/ momo steering wheel
cant really choose lol. on 3rd gens the stock buckle is mounted on the seat, and the Sparcos have no place for the buckle so i cant even use the stock ones.

out of curiosity how hard would it be to remove the factory airbag? eventually want to ditch mine, and then get a hub adapter for my Sparco steering wheel ($495 for $99 just because of a small cut in it FTW)
Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 AM
Sold

I don't think it's that hard to do. Just follow the steps to the letter and make sure the battery is disconnected FIRST. you don't want that airbag going off when you are working on removing it. That would suck.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 AM

lmao that would suck

do you just have to disconnect the battery, disconnect a few wiring harnesses, and remove the steering wheel or is there more to it?