Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

maxima + cemetary = step inside and find out

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
1) it is a historical cemetery that is a tourist spot, many ppl comr to "sightsee"

2) the theme of my car = murdered out which suits the cemetery and particularly the tombstones well...how is it disrespectful? I am not desecrating the tombs or making a mockery of anything...I think it's all in your head buddy.

3) It's funny because one of the management saw us shooting, came up, and complimented me on the car and thought the theme was funny...so if management doesn't care why do you....
First off, you didn't say anywhere that that place was a tourist spot. And seeing that I'm not from Atlanta, I wouldn't have known. Secondly, just because your "theme" is murdered out doesn't justify you taking pictures at a cemetery. Also if that was a regular cemetery, I bet it would have been a different story about management not caring. I'd care cause if some guy was taking a photoshoot around my grandfather's cemetery, I'd find it very disrespectful and rude as this is his resting place and not some place to do a photoshoot.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's quite some photographic equipment you got. What body, lens and EXIF?

I don't know the legal issues. There may be a sign that prohibits these types of activities. Which's dumb because it's up to the visitor to inform themselves of what is allowed and what's not. I know that where most of my relatives are at, you must obtain permission to take photographs. Assuming you read all the paperwork...

I would not be happy about you taking advantage of my family's loss. If you ever visit any of the locations where my family are buried, please respect them and me by not doing this again.

All that aside, and pretending this was not done at a cemetery, nice car, nice composition. Looking forward to more HDR stuff from you.

Dr J
Old 03-31-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Law
First off, you didn't say anywhere that that place was a tourist spot. And seeing that I'm not from Atlanta, I wouldn't have known. Secondly, just because your "theme" is murdered out doesn't justify you taking pictures at a cemetery. Also if that was a regular cemetery, I bet it would have been a different story about management not caring. I'd care cause if some guy was taking a photoshoot around my grandfather's cemetery, I'd find it very disrespectful and rude as this is his resting place and not some place to do a photoshoot.
I didn't state is was a tourist spot but you assumed I was doing something wrong when I wasn't. Simple as that. People are buried there but I still do not see how that is disrespectful. Exactly what is disrespectful about it?

Originally Posted by ThurzNite
That's quite some photographic equipment you got. What body, lens and EXIF?

I don't know the legal issues. There may be a sign that prohibits these types of activities. Which's dumb because it's up to the visitor to inform themselves of what is allowed and what's not. I know that where most of my relatives are at, you must obtain permission to take photographs. Assuming you read all the paperwork...

I would not be happy about you taking advantage of my family's loss. If you ever visit any of the locations where my family are buried, please respect them and me by not doing this again.

All that aside, and pretending this was not done at a cemetery, nice car, nice composition. Looking forward to more HDR stuff from you.

Dr J
Actually the photographer was using a canon superzoom, not even an slr with a tripod, and circular polarizer, that's it. He did a good job.

i was not taking advantage of anyone....